Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-13, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

^Did you try logging into the second account using your membership number/zip combo? If that works you could then change the email address on that one.

Another option would be to log in the account that "works" and change the email address. Theoretically that *should* leave the other account alone after which you would be able to log into it with the original email address.

**EDIT**
And I just read Cardsfan111's problem... changing the email might not work based on his experience.

So far the new sight seems like a very ill advised change.
Old 08-10-13, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as I can tell, if you have 2 accounts linked to the same e-mail address, it is IMPOSSIBLE to access the 2nd account once you've properly setup the first account (changed the password).

If someone knows otherwise, I'd be really grateful if you could tell me how I can access my "TV on DVD" account - now that I have access to my "regular" account.

This is a MAJOR problem for those of us that still need to decline automatic director's selections!
Old 08-11-13, 01:48 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I was able to access my tv account. I just reregistered with the tv account number to a new email address. The account number will be listed in any old tv account emails at the bottom of the email. They actually changed the tv accounts to an email address at their company until you change it.

In Cardsfan111's case, I would try to reregister again with account number and zip.
Old 08-11-13, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Ugh
Old 08-11-13, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Saw that also. I already own each season, but I just hope that this release isn't like some of their other complete series releases that had all of the discs stacked on a spindle.
It will be a stacked set like Rescue Me was...
Old 08-11-13, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjim25
It will be a stacked set like Rescue Me was...
Spoiler:
ugh. Not liking that at all. Luckily I have all of the single seasons but thought of getting this to conserve space. I skipped the last complete series set due to complaints of scratching, guess I will be skipping this one also.
Old 08-11-13, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by b2net
I tried logging in the first day it opened... I had trouble logging in... I was able to change my password ... but I had the same email for both accounts.. so it only changed on 1 and the other won't let me in at all.. I contacted them to find out if I still had 2 accounts or were they merged or did something go goofy because of 2 accounts with same email address.. they contacted me back today.. yikes.. how many days has that been... to inform me they are sorry I had trouble logging in... so they changed my password.. ugh..
I had the same problem with the emails. We had 5 accounts overall. 3 Regular and 2 TV. I changed the email on the 2 TV and requested to cancel them.
Old 08-11-13, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I used the account number and zip code and tied the 2nd account to another email address.. which isn't what I really wanted to do, but it did allow me to get in now. So in the long run.. maybe I don't need 2 accounts if the DVD and TV clubs are basically the same and merged now... then again... it has been a long time since I ordered from either.. ha !
Old 08-11-13, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

and btw.. I HATE how the wishlist no longer displays prices.. what the heck is up with that... ugh..
Old 08-11-13, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^That's just one of *many* things I dislike about the "improved" site.

You also can't move an item from the cart to the wishlist. If you look at an item that's on your wishlist (either as a general look-see or in your cart) it no longer tells you that it's on your wishlist. You can put multiple copies of the same title in your wishlist because of the former. The only link to your wishlist is in your account information and in spite of the "remember me" checkbox the site requires a login every visit if you want to access anything from the account link (like the wishlist). And that's just the wishlist stuff that annoys me...

And what's up with having to enter your zip code to get shipping/tax info? This should be automatically pulled from your account information!

So far the *only* thing I like about the new site is that it's a bit faster. Everything else is worse than before.
Old 08-12-13, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah.. I forgot to complain about the "can't move an item from the cart to the wishlist" as well.. ugh...
Old 08-13-13, 10:58 PM

How in the world do you apply for a new account? If you add dvds to the cart, they all show up full price and there's still no way to check them out!
Old 08-14-13, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by g
In Cardsfan111's case, I would try to reregister again with account number and zip.
Thanks for the tip! Logged into all 3 of my accounts using this method, declining the Director's Selections in each of them (though only 2 had them which was a little strange).

I hate to clutter up the codes thread with another question, but it seems easiest to ask here--what's the best way to close an account? E-mail, phone, carrier pigeon, etc.? I'll probably cancel 2 of the accounts and just leave one open should we ever see a good deal come along.
Old 08-14-13, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I did the acct #/zip trick to get into both my accounts and decline them. I declined both last month and had both accounts send my the DS. I refused both of them and I hope they actually get credited. But here is my problem;

The phone number 717-918-3232 dials, but does not respond at all. No ringing, nothing. IT just sits there and does nothing. Anyone experience this?

Also, I sent an email to them over a week ago and I keep getting responses that they are backed up and will respond soon. WTH is going on over there?
Old 08-14-13, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I don't know if this helps, but here's what CH posted on their Facebook page:

To all our Facebook fans,

I wanted to write to you today to give you an update on our new site. Obviously, the transition has not been a smooth one and we’ve had a number of issues. I know at times it may not seem like it, but these issues are just as frustrating for me as they are for you. But please realize that we are constantly trying to fix everything so that your experience with us can go back to normal.

To answer a few questions that keep popping up:

Bonus Points – they have NOT gone away. All the bonus points you accrued on the old site are still on your account. Until we get the new Bonus Points program up and running on the new site you won’t see them on your account but they are there. As well, you are still earning Bonus Points with each purchase you make. AND, your Bonus Points will NOT expire at the end of the year and will carry over to 2014.

Order History – your order history is in the process of being transferred to the new site and you should be seeing that in the near future.

Orders placed on the old site – all orders places on the old site have been processed and will ship to you. With the transition to the new site there was a glitch where orders would get held up before they got to the warehouse. That glitch has been fixed and all your old orders should be arriving soon. We apologize for the delay but now that things are resolved there should not be any more severe delays in shipping your orders.

Logging in – some of you may be experiencing login issue. If you cannot reset your password using the ‘Forgot Password’ link on the login page, please send us a Private Message with your account number or email address and we can reset it for you.

Customer Service – as you might imagine with all the changes and issues we’ve had, the volume of calls and emails to Customer Service has gone up tremendously. We are literally working 24 hours a day to respond to everyone but it may take some time.
In order that we may serve you better, if you have an issue with your account, please send us a Private Message here on Facebook with your account number and/or email address associated with the account, along with the issue you’re having and we promise to have Customer Service look into it immediately.

We hope that you stick with us through this transition because once the site is running as it was meant to, things will be a lot better.

Thank you,
The Columbia House Family
I may just use the FB message route in trying to cancel my accounts.
Old 08-15-13, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My 20% off/free shipping order arrived today. The status in my account still shows "pending".

Now if they'll just fix the train wreck of a redesign on the website...
Old 08-16-13, 03:34 AM
Suspended

Here is what I get every time I try to make a payment online;
WE’RE SORRY! THIS PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND.

The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 1.
Like an amazing scene that ends up on the cutting room floor, it has been lost in the mists of time. Luckily, there are many more adventures, romances and laughs waiting for you on our homepage.
Old 08-19-13, 12:01 PM

WTF! I tried a few days ago to log into CH and it won't let me. It says my email and password are invalid. I tried several times to reset my password and I never got an email. I tried entering my account # and it doesn't know that. I tried calling every phone number (including the 717 one) last week and again today... they are always busy or don't answer.

So I sent them a message via their web site to cancel my director's selection and my membership. I will never use CH again as long as I live. I don't even know which CC they have of mine, if any, because it has been so long since I ordered, but I'm sure that won't stop them from trying to send me to collections for something I never ordered and told them to cancel.

I truly hope they go out of business because of this. What a despicable trick to cut off all means of communication in order to try to force overpriced director's selections on us. Sorry if I don't buy their posted explanation that it was all by accident. Well, their so-called accident ends it for me. Those are my opinions.

So, how do I contact them by Facebook? I have an account but I never use the thing except to get promos and coupons. I don't even know how to PM on Facebook or who I'd send it to. I guess sending them a second message wouldn't hurt.
Old 08-19-13, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
My 20% off/free shipping order arrived today. The status in my account still shows "pending".
Same here.
Old 08-19-13, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Manzana ... were you using Hotmail for the email associated with Columbia House.. I ask since I am always unable to change any password that has one of my Hotmail accounts tied to it..
Old 08-20-13, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by b2net
Manzana ... were you using Hotmail for the email associated with Columbia House.. I ask since I am always unable to change any password that has one of my Hotmail accounts tied to it..
No. I was using an email at my Internet provider. So, after requesting password resets on prior days and never getting an email and then sending the cancel request message to CH yesterday morning, when I returned home after work they finally sent the password reset email (for the first time after all the requests). I was able to use that to set my password back to what it has always been, get into the account, and cancel my director's selection.

I decided after a prior month when they sent me a message that I have to call in to cancel my director's selection and this time after blocking all forms of communication for days, I hope they do cancel my account. I don't buy DVDs any more, and I don't think CH has their act together. I always thought new software rollouts were supposed to be thoroughly tested beforehand.

Of course as lame as CH is, Microsoft Store.com has them beat by a mile when it comes to poor customer service and rolling out broken website features.
Old 08-20-13, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is the membership obligation remaining showing anywhere on the new site? I can't seem to find it.
Old 08-21-13, 07:03 PM

They resurrected a recently cancelled DVD account of mine, but now it apparently doesn't have Director's Selections.

I reinstated my formerly active DVD account.

The same with my formerly active TV account. That one, in place of Director's Selections, has Monthly Roundups instead, which is apparently exactly the same thing with a different name.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Be careful if you have more than one Director's Selection/Monthly Roundup to which to respond as the Respond button for the top one is seemingly in the section header for the second.

Deleting stuff from the Wishlist is wonky: clicking Remove Item doesn't work. Changing the number to 0 and clicking the Update button on the bottom works.
Old 08-21-13, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Me three.

And with the order still Pending, I can't pay for it. :munching-popcorn:

Last edited by CalebAndCo; 08-21-13 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Added quote.
Old 08-22-13, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I've just decided to steer far clear of CH indefinitely. Thanks to the brave souls still plowing through what even for Columbia House is a chaotic mess. Please advise when they get their crap reasonably back together. But I'm not holding out hope it will be any time too soon, if ever.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.