Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-12, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

I'm actually doing math and strategizing on the best time to redeem my remaining 198 BPs. I actually think I am going to pull the trigger in the next day or two.

Being that I want six films, but only have enough BPs for five, I have to weigh the cheapest option, most notably, which film i think i will be able to get cheapest elsewhere. Probably too much thinking.
Old 11-23-12, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by IJMSPORT
Shipping is now $2.99. Don't believe a code is needed.
This seems dead, with a black Friday "buy one get 1 DVD free" offer, which would be less interesting for most of us.
Old 11-24-12, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you cancel an account these days? I have two accounts that I have had for years, but haven't used them in years, and I got screwed on both of them by director's selections. On both accounts I went in and refused the DS twice this month, once for Men In Black 3 on 11/21/2012 and before that for The Amazing Spider-Man on 11/08/2012, but these shipped out at the end of the first week in November.

How do I both return these two DVDs, under different accounts, and then officially cancel both accounts once and for all? Thanks!
Old 11-24-12, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

You can either request a return label or write "return to sender" on the package and put'em back in the mail. Regardless it will take at least 3-4 weeks before the charge is removed. Had to return something earlier this year and it took a month or so for the charge to disappear.

As far as canceling, you can either call or email them using the "contact us" link located at the bottom of the page.

I recently opened a new account and fulfilled with the Bond 50 set and have emailed them twice in the past two weeks(each email a week or so apart) and they have not closed it yet. I have went this route in past and had no problems doing so, but so far this time no luck. Will give it another week and see what happens.

quick add: With the exception of this last account, I have always requested to stop receiving director's selections once I have fulfilled my account. Decided to go ahead and close this one so I can re-sign up again.
Old 11-25-12, 11:16 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I wonder why they aren't trying to put out a real deal this year. Last Black Friday, they at least had a good sale. Maybe, finally, they'll do something for cyber monday. I was hoping to do my bonus point orders with a good sale to hopefully save on shipping. Sometimes a fixed shipping deal saves on bonus point shipping as well.
Old 11-26-12, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Buy 1 Get 1 DVD for free plus triple bonus points:

20121126CMT1D
Old 11-26-12, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know this has been slightly mentioned here, but going through the site this evening debating over which titles to use my bonus points on I noticed in "The Blu Room" under "new releases" there are a ton of Fox and Disney titles listed at full price, just as it was previously mentioned earlier this year.

Well it seems they have a new program of sorts called "DVD Xtra". When you click on the details button this is what it says...

About DVD Xtra

DVD Xtra is a valuable Club benefit that enables you to shop for some of your favorite movies not previously available in the Club.

DVD Xtra product purchases do not count toward the fulfillment of your Membership Commitment.

DVD Xtra purchases cannot be combined with any other offer.

Every DVD Xtra purchase earns 2 Bonus Points, unless otherwise noted; DVD Xtra products cannot be purchased using Bonus Points.
So other than the bonus points, what does this program really offer? Glad to see CH offering titles from other studios, but it's pretty much a waste for what they are charging for most of these titles.
Old 11-26-12, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
I know this has been slightly mentioned here, but going through the site this evening debating over which titles to use my bonus points on I noticed in "The Blu Room" under "new releases" there are a ton of Fox and Disney titles listed at full price, just as it was previously mentioned earlier this year.

Well it seems they have a new program of sorts called "DVD Xtra". When you click on the details button this is what it says...

So other than the bonus points, what does this program really offer? Glad to see CH offering titles from other studios, but it's pretty much a waste for what they are charging for most of these titles.
They have HBO titles as well. But they are all at full list so there's zero chance of me buying any of them even with bonus points.
Old 11-27-12, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As mentioned above, I haven't looked at my accounts in a long time, I just decline the Director's Selections and keep my accounts open just in case a great deal comes along. I just called to cancel, they asked why, and I told them I thought it was outrageous how they have the selections every couple of weeks instead of just once a month now. She went on to tell me that they now have the option to turn that feature completely off, so you never have to decline anything again and you will not be notified of needing to decline them or anything anymore.

I went ahead and had her do that to my two old accounts.

Is this a well known feature now? How long has it been since they offered that? Have you guys had any experience with it?

I'll likely still cancel, but just wanted to see if you guys know if that actually works or not. If it does, I may as well keep them open until I decide to start a new one.
Old 11-27-12, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It works. I have an account I have had open for a couple of years and I had them drop the directors selections a while back. No problems what so ever.
Old 11-27-12, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It has been working so long, I didn't even know they still did that. Better to have an account when you need it for a good sale, probably haven't logged into mine in 6 months.
Old 11-27-12, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It works. I have an account I have had open for a couple of years and I had them drop the directors selections a while back. No problems what so ever.
Same here. It works like a charm and has saved me a couple of returns this year I'm sure.

Also Brent, I'm not sure if you chose to call, but in case you didn't know, you can cancel your account and request the Director's Selection change via the Contact US feature on the site. I don't like to call so I make all requests this way. I've had many accounts over the years and keep one active for bonus points and good deals and they've always responded fairly quickly this way.
Old 11-27-12, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent L
...I'll likely still cancel, but just wanted to see if you guys know if that actually works or not. If it does, I may as well keep them open until I decide to start a new one.
Just be aware that when you *do* cancel they now convert your account to a "Choice Account" for 6 months. No cards to return and the account is effectively closed *but* still actually open "just in case you want to place an order". If you do not place an order for 6 months they *fully* close the account. Otherwise you must contact them *again* to actually *fully* close the account. I understand why they do this but for those of us who cycle accounts on occasion it's somewhat of a pain.
Old 11-28-12, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For those looking to cash out on the bonus points, when I signed in today there was some writing below where it shows how many items were in my cart saying "Your Order Qualifies For $2.99 Shipping! Details".

Offer Details

Shipping and Processing
Shipping & processing, plus applicable sales tax will be added to all orders.
Shipping & Processing Charges: $2.99 per order. Sets, Multi-Disc titles and Express orders will incur an additional charge.
Shipping for Sets and Multi-Disc Titles are as following: 3-disc selections $5.99, 4-disc selections $6.99, 5-disc selections or more $7.99
You have to have at least one paid item in your cart to get the $2.99 shipping to appear.

I did not play around with it too much, so not sure if clearance items would work or not. Still deciding whether to pull the trigger or wait a little longer in hopes of one more BD deal.
Old 11-28-12, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Absolutely nothing! They've had this with their book club for ages (dunno if you guys knew that CH is related to the Science Fiction Book Club and other book clubs). For SFBC, it's is called BookSearchPlus. It truly is just a way to order overpriced titles with no benefit whatsoever. Although at least CH will give bonus points. SFBC has no points.
Old 11-28-12, 08:05 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks for the note on the 2.99 offer. I'm gonna cash out my 86 points.

SpinWin also still gives ten percent off.
Old 11-29-12, 11:14 AM

SpinWin is dead.
Old 11-29-12, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by IJMSPORT
SpinWin is dead.
Any other working discount codes? I agree it's likely time to cash out those points.
Old 11-29-12, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Luckily I placed my order last night w/ SpinWin. Wound up ordering the following...

Men In Black 3 3D(BP purchase)
ParaNorman 3D(BP purchase)
Planes, Trains and Automobiles(BP purchase)
Lawrence of Arabia(BP purchase)
Scrooged 13.47 after SpinWin code

total shipped 16.46

There were some other catalogs I wanted, but I figured I could get them later on. Waffled on whether to get MIB 3 3D or Resident Evil 3D. Decided on MIB on the off chance BBY or Wal Mart gets a 3D steelbook(Future Shop has a 2d one coming) .
Old 11-29-12, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

per BD.com...

prizevault takes 10% off
Old 11-29-12, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

prizevault shows "expired" as of now.
Old 11-29-12, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by drh4
prizevault shows "expired" as of now.
Was everyone getting an automatic 10% promo discount without any code? I had been getting the 10% on every order, even with another code; and 19% with the SpinWin code. Now the 10% code has disappeared.

Everyone here seemed to say they were only getting 10% promo discount with the SpinWin code.
Old 11-30-12, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by movieguru
Was everyone getting an automatic 10% promo discount without any code? I had been getting the 10% on every order, even with another code; and 19% with the SpinWin code. Now the 10% code has disappeared.

Everyone here seemed to say they were only getting 10% promo discount with the SpinWin code.
Yes Movieguru, I did - but only on one account that I opened many many years ago. My 2 newer (TV) accounts didn't get the automatic 10% off (or the 19%).

Unfortunately, all the discount codes I'm aware of are now dead for all of my accounts. I've tried:

SpinWin
PrizeVault
RakeItIn

Does anyone know of any others?
Old 11-30-12, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FWIW I went ahead and spent the 250 BP I had left using a clearance "Magic School Bus" title ($3.58) as the qualifying purchase.

Hard to beat $2.99 flat shipping for BP redemptions these days.
Old 11-30-12, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
Yes Movieguru, I did - but only on one account that I opened many many years ago. My 2 newer (TV) accounts didn't get the automatic 10% off (or the 19%).

Unfortunately, all the discount codes I'm aware of are now dead for all of my accounts. I've tried:

SpinWin
PrizeVault
RakeItIn

Does anyone know of any others?
I believe there was one I posted from a few months back "BigScreen". I tried it yesterday but it came up dead for me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.