Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-12, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Originally Posted by whotony
20120415LNST1D
Buy one get one free but it's all at full price now so I'm not seeing a discount.
That's how they intended it to work. From the promo details:
"FREE DVD or Bluray for every 1 you buy at regular Club price"
Thus, it isn't a very good deal, unless they add in free shipping...
Old 04-16-12, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Shot off a couple of emails(one for each account) regarding the Fandango tickets.

1st account, 2 sets owed(not counting pre-orders) - got an immediated response saying they would replace my tickets w/ the single tickets they has in stock. Was getting charged for shipping initially, but i shot off another email and they quickly canceled that order and replaced it with another w/ free shipping.

2nd account, 5 sets owed - took a little longer to get a reply, but they declined my request to fulfill my order w/ the single tickets saying...

Unfortunately, we are unable to honor your request. Please be advised
that we have exhausted our supply of the Fandango tickets for this
promotion
and also adding...

Please use the postage paid return label we are sending in the mail to
return the item.
Not sure why they included that as I did not ask to return any movies, although I have considered returning 1 or 2 since the tickets were the main incentive for the orders to begin with.

btw, has did anyone here order Mission Impossible:GP during the $15 deal and have it shipped? Reason being as my order for it went to shipped last Thurs. But I have yet to have a date beside it or receive a shipping email(which I know can be hit or miss with CH). TIA
Old 04-16-12, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by darkdaze73

btw, has did anyone here order Mission Impossible:GP during the $15 deal and have it shipped? Reason being as my order for it went to shipped last Thurs. But I have yet to have a date beside it or receive a shipping email(which I know can be hit or miss with CH). TIA
Shipped on Friday, received a shipping e-mail on Saturday and it should be delivered tomorrow.
Old 04-16-12, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darkdaze73

I did. Mine shows as "Backordered".
Old 04-16-12, 05:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got MI:GP in the mail today from the $15 deal.
Old 04-18-12, 01:19 PM

Did anyone here order The Darkest Hour 3D BD during the $15 deal and have it ship? I got it today but they sent the 2D version. They are going to re-ship but I'm wondering if it was just a mistake on my order or if they are just going to send me the wrong one again. The selection number (13577236) does have the 3D picture and receipt does say 3D on it.
Old 04-18-12, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kyle
Did anyone here order The Darkest Hour 3D BD during the $15 deal and have it ship? I got it today but they sent the 2D version. They are going to re-ship but I'm wondering if it was just a mistake on my order or if they are just going to send me the wrong one again. The selection number (13577236) does have the 3D picture and receipt does say 3D on it.
It happened to me too and you can see some others over at blu-ray.com.

They've also promised me they will send out the right one. We'll see.
Old 04-22-12, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by kyle
I ordered the 2D version and received the 3D release. Weird thing is the 3D version came with two discs: the 3D disc has both versions (3D + 2D) of the movie on it while the second disc only has the 2D version.
Old 04-22-12, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by rdodolak
I ordered the 2D version and received the 3D release. Weird thing is the 3D version came with two discs: the 3D disc has both versions (3D + 2D) of the movie on it while the second disc only has the 2D version.
So CH must have swapped the two. Seems odd to even have both versions--with a retail price difference of $5, they should have just released the 2D+3D one--a lot less confusing. I got a re-ship notice, but I'm doubtful that Ch will actually ship me the correct version this time.
Old 04-23-12, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

20120425FBT5D gives you 20% off your order.

NOTE: Your order must include at least 1 DVD for the above code to work.

Not too exciting considering that, at least for now, SpinWin is still active and giving 19% off with no restrictions.
Old 05-12-12, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Triple Bonus Points & Free Shipping-

20120512BLYT1D
Old 05-12-12, 10:04 AM

I couldn't get the offer details to come up so I don't know if there were any exceptions to free shipping, but I ordered 1 pre order dvd and 4 dvds @ 7.95 and they charged me a flat 1.99 for shipping.
Old 05-12-12, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

Free Shipping & Processing on DVDs and Blu-rays plus earn Triple Bonus Points is valid for a limited time only!
Sets, Clearance, Merchandise and specially priced items are excluded from this offer.
Only items purchased at Club price count toward your Membership Commitment.
Your order will be shipped via regular delivery.
Express orders will incur an additional charge.
We reserve the right to limit the purchase of multiple quantities of each title.
Other exclusions may apply.
Old 05-12-12, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Add something to the cart and then add the code. Delete the item from the cart then surf the site. The prices you see are the correct prices. If you see something discounted then it can likely be used
Old 05-13-12, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Triple Bonus Points & Free Shipping-

20120512BLYT1D
Thanks, SBJ!

FYI, this also includes Blu-rays which are 40% off. What frustrates me is that since Free Shipping only qualifies for DVD/BD releases with 2 discs or less, you still have to pay full shipping for 3-disc combos like Dragon Tattoo & Takashi Miike's Zebraman 2. Damn those Ultraviolets & digital copies! I'd have bought Zebraman 2 if I didn't have to pay $6 shipping (or maybe it's $7, I forget).

Free Shipping also works with clearance items. I picked up Last House in the Woods which for some ungodly reason was discounted 65% as part of their "Mother's Day Sale"! Triple Bonus Points didn't work since it was a sale item.

And for you Clearance browsers, I noticed CH had a substantially larger quantity of Clearance DVDs since I last visited. New additions include Anchor Bay's Divimax DVDs of Dawn & Day of the Dead. I guess those are going OOP too? I'd hate to see them become further casualties to Image's bare bones Midnight Madness Series.

Originally Posted by Mysteryfan
I couldn't get the offer details to come up so I don't know if there were any exceptions to free shipping, but I ordered 1 pre order dvd and 4 dvds @ 7.95 and they charged me a flat 1.99 for shipping.
In the past I've found that preorder items don't work with free shipping, so it might be that.
Old 05-13-12, 10:08 AM

Thanks Sweet Baby James and Living Deadpan.
Old 05-18-12, 08:02 AM

"One Day Sale" Codes (presumably 5/18/12, only)

20120518ODST9DA - 70% off Blu-rays when you buy one at regular Club price plus Triple Bonus Points is valid for a limited time only! Blu-rays of equal or lesser value than the qualifying purchase of $19.95 or higher will be discounted at 70% off. Director's Selections, Sets, Blu-ray discs and Upcoming Releases can act as qualifiers but are not eligible to be discounted at 70% off. Clearance, Merchandise and other specially priced selections are not eligible for this special offer.

20120518ODST3D - FREE DVD when you buy 1 at regular Club price plus Triple Bonus Points is valid for a limited time only! Your free selection must be of equal or lesser value than your qualifying purchase of $19.95 or higher. Director's Selections, Sets, Blu-ray discs and Upcoming Releases can act as qualifiers but cannot be taken as your free selection. Merchandise, Clearance and other specially priced items are not eligible for this offer.

20120518ODST6DA - 1 FREE Blu-ray for every 2 you buy at 40% off Club price plus Triple Bonus Points is valid for a limited time only! This offer applies to Blu-rays only. Your free selection must be of equal or lesser value than your qualifying purchase of $19.95 or higher. Blu-ray sets can be used as a qualifier but cannot be taken as your free selection.

Only items purchased at Club price count toward your Membership Commitment. We reserve the right to limit the purchase of multiple quantities of each title. Other exclusions may apply.
Old 05-18-12, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

20120518ODST8DA 25% off blu rays plus one free BLU RAY for every one you buy, and triple bonus points.
Old 05-18-12, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is there a way to see how many bonus points you're getting before actually placing an order?
Old 05-18-12, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^Not any more. But here's the current breakdown:

You'll earn at least 2 in Bonus Points for virtually every DVD that you buy.

NEW BENEFIT!: You will now earn 2 Bonus Points on Blu-ray titles (unless noted).

Multi-disc titles earn more Bonus Points than regular-priced DVDs. Here's how Bonus Points is awarded for multi-disc titles:

Multi-Disc/Set Price - You Earn
$59.99 or less - 4
$60 - $89.99 - 6
$90.00 - $149.99 - 10
$150.00+ - 12

Bonus Points are earned on the Club Price you see on the site and in your mailings.

You will not earn Bonus Points from the following:

DVDs from your introductory package because of their built-in savings.
Purchases of video games and other non-DVD merchandise (except for gift certificates).
DVDs purchased using Bonus Points.

When you go to the "learn more" link for Bonus Points on the shopping cart page they'll show you some selections at the bottom of the page along with how many points they earn. You'd think it would be easy to either put this information back on the shopping cart page *or* on the item page.
Old 05-18-12, 12:13 PM

My order came too 110.00.....I got all blu rays.....here is my list.....21 jump street,man on the ledge,ghost rider 2,shawn of the dead,striptease,American wedding,murder in the first,jaws .....I forgot the last movie
Old 05-18-12, 12:24 PM

The two Blu-Ray codes are very close to being the same value - it really just comes down to how many bonus points you want.

For example, when using '20120518ODST8DA 25% off blu rays plus one free BLU RAY for every one you buy, and triple bonus points', two Blu-Rays priced @ $19.95 each total $19.94 for an average of $9.97 per title.

When you use '20120518ODST6DA - 1 FREE Blu-ray for every 2 you buy at 40% off Club price plus Triple Bonus Points is valid for a limited time only! This offer applies to Blu-rays only. Your free selection must be of equal or lesser value than your qualifying purchase of $19.95 or higher. Blu-ray sets can be used as a qualifier but cannot be taken as your free selection', three $19.95 titles total $30.91 for an average of $10.30 per disc.

So, is it worth an extra $0.99 for six bonus points? Depends on what you plan on purchasing with your bonus points.
Old 05-18-12, 01:48 PM

I used the 70% off when you buy one blu ray,the preorders were even on sale
Old 05-18-12, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
^Not any more. But here's the current breakdown:

Spoiler:
You'll earn at least 2 in Bonus Points for virtually every DVD that you buy.

NEW BENEFIT!: You will now earn 2 Bonus Points on Blu-ray titles (unless noted).

Multi-disc titles earn more Bonus Points than regular-priced DVDs. Here's how Bonus Points is awarded for multi-disc titles:

Multi-Disc/Set Price - You Earn
$59.99 or less - 4
$60 - $89.99 - 6
$90.00 - $149.99 - 10
$150.00+ - 12

Bonus Points are earned on the Club Price you see on the site and in your mailings.

You will not earn Bonus Points from the following:

DVDs from your introductory package because of their built-in savings.
Purchases of video games and other non-DVD merchandise (except for gift certificates).
DVDs purchased using Bonus Points.

When you go to the "learn more" link for Bonus Points on the shopping cart page they'll show you some selections at the bottom of the page along with how many points they earn. You'd think it would be easy to either put this information back on the shopping cart page *or* on the item page.
Thanks! May I ask another question: how do they ship out pre-orders? I have an order of 8 titles I'd like to place, but the earliest releases next week and the latest releases July 10. Do they ship as they're released (we are paying shipping charges for each, after all), or do they wait and combine once all are ready?
Old 05-18-12, 02:15 PM

Free Blu Ray for every 1 you buy plus triple points

20120518ODST3DA

1 day sale - also applies to pre-orders

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.