Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-11, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Originally Posted by zoelightly
801490 - "Get up to 2 Free DVDs for each qualifying purchase of $19.95 or higher!"

Banner says B1G1, but the cart is B1G2. Only one set though -- doesn't work to get four free with two qualifying purchases. Might be good to fulfill an account. Not free shipping, but with a blu-ray qualifier, you can get a blu-ray and two free DVDs. Not the best deal ever, but pretty decent. Order seemed to go through just fine.

Don't know if that means this promo is coming and maybe will work as a true B1G2, instead of just buy 1 get 2.

-Zoe
It worked for me...I used it to knock off a fulfillment...
Old 03-07-11, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got a DVD BOGO code today, does not include free shipping. Not sure the expiration, probably end of week.

20110307BIMLYT1D
Old 03-07-11, 12:34 PM

I took advantage of the above BOGO code and the current boxset sale prices to get The State Complete Series. Even with the large shipping charge, it still works out to a great deal on this account, finally fulfilled, my longest ever, a little over a year.

The Math:
12.89 (7/2 code) 7 dvds
21.57 (801490 B1G2FS code) got a Blu-ray as the qualifier and 2 dvds
34.78 (20110307BIMLYT1D BOGO code) The State Complete Series(24.80 on sale) plus a dvd
69.24 Total
which works out to be an average of (if using average/best case scenario that dvds cost $4.80ea.):
$4.80 each for 11 dvds (including 1 Blu-ray) I got The Town BD as a pre-order
16.44 for The State set

Last edited by basaro; 03-08-11 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-09-11, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

801490 still working for Buy One, Get Two Free.
Old 03-09-11, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

You can snatch a copy of Marmaduke for the low price of 39.95 and get a couple of free dvds.
Old 03-09-11, 10:55 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
801490 still working for Buy One, Get Two Free.
Sometimes this works twice on an account..sometimes even 3.
I try to limit myself to just using it to buy my 2 required fulfillment titles,cancel and than recycle..as I am sure a lot of you do too.
Old 03-09-11, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
You can snatch a copy of Marmaduke for the low price of 39.95 and get a couple of free dvds.
Your account is experiencing a temporary glitch. Not that I would want it mind you, but Marmaduke is the standard 40% off($23.97) on my account.
Old 03-10-11, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by rider555
Sometimes this works twice on an account..sometimes even 3.
I try to limit myself to just using it to buy my 2 required fulfillment titles,cancel and than recycle..as I am sure a lot of you do too.
Yea, I've been a big recycler in the past, but it's getting tougher and tougher to find sellable DVDs from the list of eligible titles.
Old 03-10-11, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A heads-up, I just got an e-mail claiming that tomorrow will be one of CH's all time best offers and to load your cart today. My guess is that it will be some kind of % off of titles that were already in your cart. To play it safe, I just added a bunch of titles to my cart(you might want to do the same).
Old 03-10-11, 07:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
A heads-up, I just got an e-mail claiming that tomorrow will be one of CH's all time best offers and to load your cart today. My guess is that it will be some kind of % off of titles that were already in your cart. To play it safe, I just added a bunch of titles to my cart(you might want to do the same).
Thanks Sweet Baby, I added 20 to my cart to see what happens. I have a feeling it'll be some BS "50% off list price" thing, but who knows.
Old 03-10-11, 09:02 PM

It's not sticking when I go to checkout, but it looks like my "Cart Quick View" is showing what the prices will be when they start this sale. They're good prices; nothing amazing. Here's what I'm showing:

It's Kind of a Funny Story - $13.98
The Goonies - $17.48
All the President's Men - $12.23
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season - $17.48
Get Low - $13.63
Once Upon a Time in Mexico - $6.98
Black Rain - $10.48
The American - $13.98
Backdraft - $9.43
Stone - $13.98
My Soul to Take - $13.98
The Next Three Days - $13.98
Piranha - $12.23
Roy Roy - $6.98
The King's Speech - $13.98
The Color Purple - $12.23
Paranormal Activity 2 - $15.03
Hereafter - $12.58
Jackass 3D - $15.03
Inside Job - $12.23

All Blu-ray, if it wasn't obvious.
Old 03-11-11, 07:24 AM

I added a bunch of both blu-rays and DVDs yesterday and there is no difference in my cart today using the link
Old 03-11-11, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

oh columbia house...you so funny!
Old 03-11-11, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just got the email, looks like 45% off and Free Shipping on DVDs. (doesn't seem to matter what you put in your cart yesterday)

20110311DODST1
Old 03-11-11, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^

Much ado about nothing.
Old 03-11-11, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

and it is ONLY for DVDs
Your Director's Selection, Upcoming Releases, Blu-ray Titles, Sets, Clearance, Non-DVD Merchandise, Books and other select titles are not eligible to be purchased at 45% off
Receive Free Shipping & Processing on your DVD order. Order may not include shipping & processing, tax, sets, Blu-ray titles, videogames, merchandise or other services.
Come on Columbiahouse, please let your good sales apply to sets and blu-rays... please... and even blu-ray sets.. oh never mind.... we will just shop elsewhere...
Old 03-11-11, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's hoping that Columbia House gets an underwhelming response to this worthless sale offer that excludes BDs. Fooey.
Old 03-11-11, 11:24 AM

It's weird that it's only DVDs, since Blu-rays changed price in my Quick Cart View, but not in the actual cart. Sad face.
Old 03-11-11, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

DVD prices were off in my quick cart view too, that seems to happen a lot.
Old 03-11-11, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, everything in my cart was FULL-priced (plus shipping) when I first signed in via the link. Closing the page and re-entering a second time brought up the correct pricing... which was actually more than the total price of my cart with the same items yesterday BEFORE the sale offer. These days, Columbia House is truly one big effing pile of fail.
Old 03-11-11, 02:36 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

They lowered Shutter Island to 10.18. Did more Paramount BD besides the previously listed go down?
Old 03-11-11, 02:50 PM

I noticed that "The Godfather" was that price last night. "South Park" Season 12 is like $19.70 and I want to buy it, but not pay for shipping.
Old 03-11-11, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by starman9000
DVD prices were off in my quick cart view too, that seems to happen a lot.
It happens all the time and means nothing as they aren't actual prices. If you leave things in your cart and come back later it can reflect lower "prices" but they aren't representative of actual or future prices. It's just a site glitch and everything shows the real price on the checkout page.
Old 03-11-11, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by g
They lowered Shutter Island to 10.18. Did more Paramount BD besides the previously listed go down?
They definitely added additional titles. Be aware that this 66% off of select Paramount titles promotion was supposed to have ended on March 9. Here is the list of available Blu-ray titles(spoilered for size)-

Spoiler:

Zodiac

Blu-ray

Director's Cut

Widescreen

Club Price $36.95

$12.56

Harrowing true-life account, spanning nearly two decades, of two men and their search to find one of America’s most notorious serial killers.
Star Trek

Blu-ray

Special Edition

Widescreen

Club Price $39.95

$13.58

This acclaimed reboot of the classic boldly goes backward, revealing a young crew's maiden voyage onboard the spectacular starship: the USS Enterprise.
Deep Impact

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $22.95

$7.80

With time running out, a NASA team tries to destroy a comet that is swiftly hurtling towards Earth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Last Airbender

Blu-ray / DVD Combo

Widescreen

Club Price $39.95

$13.58

A young boy discovers he is the lone Avatar with the power to manipulate the forces of Water, Earth, Air and Fire. Based on the animated hit.
Event Horizon

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $14.95

$5.08

7 years after vanishing, an interplanetary research vessel mysteriously reappears, as rescuers lie unaware that an evil alien presence waits on board.
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $22.95

$7.80

The Enterprise crew travels back to the 20th century to save the humpback whales, and the planet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $22.95

$7.80

The Enterprise crew squares off against their old rival Khan, from the classic TV episode "Space Seed" in this Blu-ray edition.
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $22.95

$7.80

The crew of the USS Enterprise must deal with a possible war against the Federation in this last film featuring the original cast.
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Blu-ray

Deluxe Edition

Widescreen

Club Price $22.95

$7.80

Magazine columnist Hudson pens a story about dating, and meets her match in ad man McConaughey, who’s got his own agenda!

Trading Places

Blu-ray

Special Edition

Widescreen

Club Price $21.95

$7.46

Small-time con artist Murphy switches lives with stock market whiz Ackroyd, in this 80s smash that's rich in laughs.
Black Rain

Blu-ray

Special Edition

Widescreen

Club Price $29.95

$10.18

Two New York detectives apprehend a Yakuza hit man, setting off a mob war on the streets of Osaka, Japan upon his escape.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Blu-ray

Collector's Edition

Widescreen

Club Price $24.95

$8.48

A remarkable adventure brimming with romance and redemption about a man who is born in his eighties and ages backwards.

Star Trek VIII: First Contact

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $22.95

$7.80

The Enterprise battles the deadly Borg, traveling back in time to the very first contact between the Earthlings and aliens. Awesome.
The Godfather Part II

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $29.95

$10.18

The saga of the Corleone clan continues, as new boss Michael Corleone launches a violent campaign to extend his family's power.
The Truman Show

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $21.95

$7.46

Carrey wowed critics and audiences alike as Truman Burbank, a man who is unwittingly living his life before cameras, in what amounts to a non-stop TV show.

We Were Soldiers

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $22.95

$7.80

Moving, true story of a lieutenant colonel who was committed heart and soul to his American troops facing their first conflict against the North Vietnamese.
Fatal Attraction

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $29.95

$10.18

Gripping psychological thriller from director Adrian Lyne (9 1/2 Weeks) in which a weekend fling turns into a nightmare for Douglas and his family.
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Blu-ray

Special Edition

Widescreen

Club Price $39.95

$13.58

- Blu-rayChanning Tatum, Sienna Miller, Dennis Quaid Spectacular, special effects-laden adventure with the iconic action hero leading a team on the trail of a corrupt arms dealer.

Echelon Conspiracy

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $22.95

$7.80

Chased by a lethal team of government operatives, one man races across the globe in a desperate bid to unravel a conspiracy that threatens the entire world.
Shutter Island

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $29.95

$10.18

Director Martin Scorsese reteams with DiCaprio (The Departed, The Aviator) for a spine-tingling chiller set at an isolated asylum for the criminally insane.
The Godfather

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $29.95

$10.18

Francis Ford Coppola's landmark film of Mario Puzo's brutal novel of Mafia life, the Oscar® winner for Best Picture 1972.

Forrest Gump

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $24.95

$8.48

A simple-minded soul takes a serendipitous journey through American history in this 1994 Best Picture and Best Actor Oscar® winner.
Varsity Blues

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $22.95

$7.80

Van Der Beek leads the action in a fine coming-of-age story about a small-town high school hero and the pressures and temptations of gridiron glory.
Days of Thunder

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $29.95

$29.95

Cruise control takes on a whole new meaning when the star sets hearts racing as a hot-shot stock car driver who gets his chance to compete at the top level.

Shooter

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $24.95

$8.48

Action-packed thriller that hits the ground running and never looks back, with Wahlberg as an ex-Marine used as a patsy in a government conspiracy.
It's A Wonderful Life

Blu-ray

Collector's Edition

Widescreen

Club Price $39.95

$13.58

Quintessential Capra film with Stewart tops as a desperate man who sees what life would be like if he’d never been born.
Imagine That

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $24.95

$8.48

With his financial career on an ever-increasing downward spiral, a work-obsessed dad finds the solution to his problems in his daughter's imaginary world.

Arctic Tale

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $29.95

$10.18

From the team who brought you March of the Penguins comes this epic adventure that explores the vast world of the Great North. This thrilling doc is narrated by Queen Latifah.
Friday the 13th: Part 2

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $24.95

$8.48

Five years after springing from Camp Crystal Lake, Jason Voorhees seeks revenge on an innocent group of camp counselors-in-training.
Friday the 13th: Part 3

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $24.95

$8.48

Jason dons his hockey mask for the first time and YOU ARE THERE! Terror takes on a whole new dimension as he kills in 3-D! Includes glasses!

Dance Flick

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $22.95

$7.80

In this comedy, a suburban girl gets into a series of misadventures when she moves to the inner-city and pursues her dream of dance.
Friday the 13th

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $24.95

$8.48

The iconic '80s horror classic about a group of camp counselors who become lambs to the laughter—literally—is here in all it's gory uncut glory.
Next

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $29.95

$10.18

Cage tries his hand at magic as illusionist Cris Johnson who, due to his ability to see into the future, is being pursued by the FBI to stop an imminent bomb threat.

The Spiderwick Chronicles

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $29.95

$10.18

Fantasy adventure, based on the best-selling tales about the Grace family, and the magical—and sometimes scary—creatures inhabiting their estate.
South Park: The Complete Twelfth Season Uncensored

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $57.95

$57.95

All 14 uncensored episodes from South Park's twelfth season arrive in a 3-disc set. Join Cartman, Kenny and the gang for more raunchy fun.
The Duchess

Blu-ray

Widescreen

Club Price $22.95

$7.80

Knightley reigns supreme in this fact-based, 18th-century drama as a duchess whose wealth and celebrity was suppressed by a beastly, boorish husband.

View 15 View 50 1 to 36 of 36 Hurry, this offer is valid until 11:59PM ET, March 9, 2011! Offer applies only to titles within this specialty shop.ADVERTISEMENT
Shop by Category
Old 03-11-11, 06:49 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Cool thanks for the list. Too bad the free shipping deal doesn't seem to work on them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.