DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Beware of autoship of Angels & Demons Director's Selection (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/566526-beware-autoship-angels-demons-directors-selection.html)

movieguru 12-15-09 11:02 PM

Beware of autoship of Angels & Demons Director's Selection

Just received a copy of Angels and Demons from CH. It is an automatic shipment "Director's Selection" This was shipped even though I resonded no the DC.

The dvd release date was 11/24 yet the order date was 12/8.Since most DC's are new releases shouldn't the order date for a director's selection be the release date and not a date several weeks after the release date? I know this order wasn't listed in my order history 5 days ago, so it must have materialized there on the day it was shipped.

If I try to go through the returns and exchanges section, CH wants me to pay for return shipping which I should not have to since I did not order this. Will CH send out return postage paid labels anymore?

joltman 12-16-09 07:00 AM

Re: Beware of autoship of Angels & Demons Director's Selection

Originally Posted by movieguru (Post 9891954)
Just received a copy of Angels and Demons from CH. It is an automatic shipment "Director's Selection" This was shipped even though I resonded no the DC.

The dvd release date was 11/24 yet the order date was 12/8.Since most DC's are new releases shouldn't the order date for a director's selection be the release date and not a date several weeks after the release date? I know this order wasn't listed in my order history 5 days ago, so it must have materialized there on the day it was shipped.

If I try to go through the returns and exchanges section, CH wants me to pay for return shipping which I should not have to since I did not order this. Will CH send out return postage paid labels anymore?

I would just put it back in it's packaging, tape it up and put 'Refused - Return to Sender'

VamPirateXXX 12-16-09 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by joltman (Post 9892184)
I would just put it back in it's packaging, tape it up and put 'Refused - Return to Sender'

The Post Office will only accept "refused" packages if they are unopened. If they've been opened, they will be returned to you with a note telling you how much it will cost to ship. Of course if you tape it up REALLY carefully, they might not notice.

And thanks for the heads up OP. I'm not expecting anything from CH, so anything that shows up won't be getting opened.

CmC918 12-16-09 10:25 AM

Just got an email about The Hangover movie as a Director's Selection. Seems like a quick turnaround since they want a reply by 12/27/09 I had an issue with a Director's Selection in the past lucky I caught it before it shipped called them and fixed it before it shipped.

joltman 12-16-09 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by VamPirateXXX (Post 9892187)
The Post Office will only accept "refused" packages if they are unopened. If they've been opened, they will be returned to you with a note telling you how much it will cost to ship. Of course if you tape it up REALLY carefully, they might not notice.

And thanks for the heads up OP. I'm not expecting anything from CH, so anything that shows up won't be getting opened.

I guess it depends on what the packaging looks like, but I've done it before where it just needs one piece of tape. Unless it's going on top of post office labels or stickers, I don't see how they could know that it wasn't originally like that.

VamPirateXXX 12-17-09 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by joltman (Post 9892607)
I guess it depends on what the packaging looks like, but I've done it before where it just needs one piece of tape. Unless it's going on top of post office labels or stickers, I don't see how they could know that it wasn't originally like that.

If it's a standard box that is sealed with packing tape, that would probably work most, if not all the time. The CH mailers that are made for a single movie are a different story since they're glued shut and you usually have to tear them open. Those are a bit more obvious if you attempt to reseal them.

Back on topic, I would just send CH an email, or call them. If this is a one-time incident, especially if you did respond to the Director's Selection, they'll probably be able to send you a prepaid label.