DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   B2G2 Free Today Only (22-Sep) - DVD and BD (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/561857-b2g2-free-today-only-22-sep-dvd-bd.html)

DVDude! 09-22-09 10:19 AM

B2G2 Free Today Only (22-Sep) - DVD and BD

I don't know how well this works out (haven't checked prices yet), especially because "a shipping and processing charge will be added to each selection." However, I figured it was worth pointing out.

http://img.delivery.net/cm50content/...tues_email.jpg

Hurry, this special offer is only available until September 22, 2009 at 11:59 pm EST! Your Director's Selection, Video Games and Merchandise are not eligible for this offer. Free Blu-ray offer only applies when you purchase 2 Blu-rays and free DVD offer only applies when you purchase 2 DVDs.

Your Director's Selection, Upcoming Releases, Sets and other specially priced items are not eligible as free or sale items under your current offer.

Jaymole 09-22-09 12:58 PM

Re: B2G2 Free Today Only (22-Sep) - DVD and BD

Well I need to fulfill my account and it has been so long since a B1G1 with Free shipping was available, so I guess I'll place an order for 4 Blu-rays.

movieguru 09-22-09 03:52 PM

Has anyone go this to work with blu-rays? I've tried putting a few in the cart but it doesn't give any for free.

jeffrey r 09-22-09 03:55 PM

I put blu-rays of Coraline, Monsters vs. Aliens, Braveheart and Gump in my cart, and it showed 2 free. Of course, with shipping and tax, it was like $18 each, so I didn't order. But yes, you should theoretically be able to get 2 blu-rays free. Their site can be glitchy getting these deals sometimes--different titles work in different combinations, etc.

riotinmyskull 09-22-09 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by movieguru (Post 9724806)
Has anyone go this to work with blu-rays? I've tried putting a few in the cart but it doesn't give any for free.

not all blu-rays are eligible, only the ones in the two for tuesday section

Adrenaline 09-22-09 04:32 PM

If you sort by price, it opens up the section to a lot more at least for me.

Picked up the following Blu's for $53 shipped:
-Constantine
-Natural Born Killers
-Kingdom Of Heaven
-Contact

PGHFlyer 09-22-09 04:57 PM

When I started this morning, all the BLUs were working, however now it won't work if both titles are pre-orders (one can be though). It appeared to work on all titles otherwise. Shipping makes it not worth it though.

lizard 09-23-09 12:05 PM

^In general, Columbia House will allow pre-orders to be used as the "buy one" part of a "B1G1F" sale offer but not as the freebie. However, pre-orders near the release date often will qualify as freebies so it pays to check.

Also, the order in which titles are placed in the cart can affect which ones qualify as free. So, if an offer doesn't seem to be working correctly, removing titles and replacing them in a different order can sometimes fix the problem.

WMAangel 09-23-09 01:15 PM

After the drought of BOGO w/FS sales, I have to admit, I caved a bit on this sale late last night...
Pulled the trigger right at 11:59pm on Blu-ray Discs of License To Kill, Man With The Golden Gun, There's Something About Mary, and a pre-order of Home Alone 2....
Averaged a little over $15, but haven't seen any of them that cheap (or even on sale) anywhere else in stores on online since they've been released....
I still have a MUCH larger list of titles waiting for the hopeful return of BOGO w/FS one day.....

Eridanus 10-02-09 10:58 PM

I just got a letter in the mail stating that 3 of the eight titles I ordered were no longer available - of course they still show available on the website and 2 of the 3 were free selections. The last time I tried to order on a B1G1 sale the same thing happened. Did this happen to anyone else who ordered on this sale? I think its time to pull the plug on CH. I joined the forum just so I could let others know my experience. I told them I will report them to the BBB if they do not honor my order, which I will - don't know if that will help.

chipmac 10-03-09 11:46 AM

The same thing happened to me. One was a pre-order, one shipped and I received 2 separate notifications in the mail stating that the other two have been canceled because they're no longer available. Yet when I checked the web site I can still order them and my order status states the one processed and the other is backordered. So I fired off an email to them asking what gives. We'll see what they say. If they pull this shit I'll cancel the rest of the order and ship back the one I got and they can lose me as a customer.

VamPirateXXX 10-03-09 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Eridanus (Post 9748151)
I just got a letter in the mail stating that 3 of the eight titles I ordered were no longer available - of course they still show available on the website and 2 of the 3 were free selections. The last time I tried to order on a B1G1 sale the same thing happened. Did this happen to anyone else who ordered on this sale? I think its time to pull the plug on CH. I joined the forum just so I could let others know my experience. I told them I will report them to the BBB if they do not honor my order, which I will - don't know if that will help.

Yeah, I got a letter yesterday stating that Big Bang Theory Season 2 was no longer available. I called, the CSR said if the title wasn't selling well, they probably wouldn't get more stock, or, if it had been out of stock for more than 30 days, they would automatically cancel. Now, since BBT just came out on 9/15, and my order was placed on 9/22, (and BBT is a rather popular show), these reasons can't possibly be true. In any case, she re-placed the order for me after verifying that it was indeed in stock. Also note that since this was a TV box set, it was NOT a free item, though it did have free shipping from their Emmy shop or whatever it was.

dsa_shea 10-04-09 07:42 PM

They tried to tell me that Observe and Report was no longer available. After checking their site I told them that it was. The CSR said that he would re-order it for me and that I would only have to pay shipping as I would have with the original order. I don't know what is going on here but if it going to be a hassle to actually have orders go through then I will take my business elsewhere. I shouldn't have to call more than once to take care of something that should not be happening in the first place.

DVDude! 10-04-09 09:39 PM

Sincerely sorry I posted such a crappy deal... :(

g 10-04-09 10:48 PM

I ordered a buch of clearance titles in another sale. I only ended up with half of them. I redeemed my funcash and now I'm negative by a lot. They seemed to be canceling orders left and right. Stuff that isnt out of print that they took off their site.

dsa_shea 10-05-09 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by DVDude! (Post 9751751)
Sincerely sorry I posted such a crappy deal... :(

The deal was good but the way CH is handling it is not. Thanks for the posting as it still works out if CH gets their heads out of their asses.

VamPirateXXX 10-06-09 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by VamPirateXXX (Post 9749456)
Yeah, I got a letter yesterday stating that Big Bang Theory Season 2 was no longer available. I called, the CSR said if the title wasn't selling well, they probably wouldn't get more stock, or, if it had been out of stock for more than 30 days, they would automatically cancel. Now, since BBT just came out on 9/15, and my order was placed on 9/22, (and BBT is a rather popular show), these reasons can't possibly be true. In any case, she re-placed the order for me after verifying that it was indeed in stock. Also note that since this was a TV box set, it was NOT a free item, though it did have free shipping from their Emmy shop or whatever it was.

Quick update: It looks like they shipped out my copy of Big Bang Theory S2, as my CC has been billed. I was charged shipping for the replacement, but then refunded the $6.99. Although it looks like maybe I should have kept my mouth shut as I was originally only charged for the 1 item, making this a B1G2Free.

Eridanus 10-06-09 08:59 PM

DVD Dude - you didn't post a crummy deal. I think CH has been up to these antics and people need to know. If enough people report them to the BBB when they don't honor the deal they will stop the BS. We need people to report them when they deserve it. They can't afford a bad rep with the BBB - Every time I ever used the BBB it changed a companies attitude in a hurry.

Eridanus 10-13-09 09:34 PM

I got my "resolution" email today. CH still insists my 3 free Blu-ray selections -(Bravehart, Gladiator, and State of Play) are no longer available. I was told to select 3 other DVDs as free instead, of couse noting that Blu-rays are not available as free selections. What a bunch of crap - they are STILL on their website and are available. I strongly warn anyone off joining CH if you want Blu-ray deals.

groundhog 10-15-09 04:16 PM

I ordered 4 blurays, and received letters stating 3 of the 4 were no longer available. The 3 unavailable were Duplicity, Coraline, and State Of Play. I called the normal CSR and told her I wanted to place an order and wanted to check availability. All 3 were available. I then told her I wanted to purchase one and get the other two free and told her about the buy 2 get 2 free email. She said she didn't have a record of such an email. I asked for her supervisor. I did not have to explain myself to the supervisor. She stated that there was a flaw in their computer that caused the blurays to come up as no longer available. (Right, likely story.) I didn't have to argue with her though, she said she would ship the 3 blurays and only charge me for 1.

chipmac 10-18-09 09:35 PM

I went through their email tp try and straighten out my order. They sent mailings stating the two free selections were no longer available. Their first email reply told me the same and I responded back that if they're backordered I'd wait. They replied to that email that they've now processed my free selections and they should be on their way. I check my account on line and they charged me for the free ones now. So another email was sent off and I'm waiting for them to reverse the charges. I know a phone call is better but I like a record of these things in case I need to dispute it down the road. After this is done and paid for I'm canceling my membership. I only buy blus now and I can get them cheaper elsewhere.

groundhog 11-02-09 06:48 AM

Hey Chimpmac,
Have they ever gotten back to you on your titles they are charging you for? That is exactly what they are doing to me right now, and like you I have sent off an email explaining it was part of the buy 2 get 2 free. I am now officially tired of Columbia House.

chipmac 11-08-09 08:17 AM

Sorry I've been away on vacation. Yeah they got back to me saying that the part of the order they canceled was done due to those items no longer being available. I replied to them asking for clarification since I was still able to place orders for them. I asked if they were simply out of stock or discontinued. I explained that if they were out of stock that I would wait. They them responded that they were shipping them out. The next thing I know is that these free items they canceled and were now shipping to me were now ones I was being billed for. So I sent another email explaining this and reminding them that they were free as part of their promotion. So its all cleared up now but as soon as the last blu arrives which is a preorder I'm paying it off and canceling my membership. Its just not worth the trouble any more since I only buy blus and can get better deals elsewhere.