DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Original Series Volume 3 Free With Funcash Glitch (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/557791-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-original-series-volume-3-free-funcash-glitch.html)

Jedi Master 33 07-07-09 01:39 AM

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Original Series Volumes 2 and 3 Free With Funcash Glitch

Seems to be a glitch{epescally since I had only $4 in funcash}. I was just able to get this free with free shipping too.

Edit: I just tried another one and selected Expedited Shipping. Still showing up as $0.

joltman 07-07-09 05:34 AM

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Original Series Volume 3 Free With Funcash Glitch

I don't expect it to go through, but I gave it a shot. It works out nice for me, because I currently have vol's 1 and 2 :)

darkhawk 07-07-09 06:21 AM

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Original Series Volume 3 Free With Funcash Glitch

I have Vol. 4. I have 2 accounts, and the first one brings up Volumes 1,3,4,5,6 with the 3rd being free. I ordered the 3rd Volume. My second CH account brings up Volume 2 as being free like Vol 3. But when you click on the Volume 2, it won't bring it up. But I ordered Volumes 2 & 3 to see what happens.

It has to be a glitch. When I went back and checked my second account it said I owe $15.98, even though it shows $0 balance.

Obi-Wanma 07-07-09 09:06 AM

Gave it a shot. Thanks for the heads up.

smashthesymbols 07-07-09 12:56 PM

It's worth a shot. I always think these things won't go through, but you never know with Columbia House.

Cardsfan111 07-07-09 01:05 PM

Thanks for the heads up, OP. We'll see what happens.

kenbenobi 07-07-09 02:45 PM

Surprised this isn't dead yet, but it's still alive and kicking. Just ordered with expedited shipping...

Sweet Baby James 07-07-09 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols (Post 9550071)
It's worth a shot. I always think these things won't go through, but you never know with Columbia House.

Based on recent history, you'll get the title for free. They will first cancel the order. They will then send an e-mail apologizing for the mistake and that they are going to honor the free price. I got the Blu-rays for Kung Fu Panda and Hotel for Dogs by taking advantage of this glitch.

Jedi Master 33 07-07-09 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by darkhawk (Post 9549070)
I have Vol. 4. I have 2 accounts, and the first one brings up Volumes 1,3,4,5,6 with the 3rd being free. I ordered the 3rd Volume. My second CH account brings up Volume 2 as being free like Vol 3. But when you click on the Volume 2, it won't bring it up. But I ordered Volumes 2 & 3 to see what happens.

It has to be a glitch. When I went back and checked my second account it said I owe $15.98, even though it shows $0 balance.

Now when I click Volume 3, the page doesn't show up. But still does when I add it to my cart.

HappyRabbit 07-07-09 04:34 PM

They are probably fixing the glitch

smashthesymbols 07-07-09 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James (Post 9550601)
Based on recent history, you'll get the title for free. They will first cancel the order. They will then send an e-mail apologizing for the mistake and that they are going to honor the free price. I got the Blu-rays for Kung Fu Panda and Hotel for Dogs by taking advantage of this glitch.

I got in on both of those myself. I'm just not expecting a repeat this time since this is an old title and not a new release. Unless of course they're just adding it to the catalog now.

sotra 07-10-09 07:58 AM

Thanks OP! Looks like they sent it to me. Not that interested in it myself, but figured my son might like it.

HappyRabbit 07-10-09 09:57 AM

Mine appear to be on the way as well. I got in on Volume 2 and 3 as both were showing as Free with Funcash

CmC918 07-10-09 10:15 AM

Yeah it appears they are not eager to fix it. It still shows free.

Jedi Master 33 07-10-09 04:27 PM

Just ordered Vol 2.

Too bad Vol 1 isn't showing up as free too...

Juicy.Fruit84 07-10-09 04:33 PM

Thanks OP ordered Vol 2.

blueseraphtears 07-11-09 01:38 AM

Ordered as well. Thanks, OP.

Chad 07-11-09 02:18 AM

Ordered Vol 2 and 3 with expedited shipping...

sotra 07-11-09 02:00 PM

Seems like volume 2 and 3 are gone now.

Jedi Master 33 07-11-09 08:20 PM

If you search for "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Original Series", Vol 2 still shows up{atleast for me}.

darkhawk 07-15-09 06:03 AM

Anybody received any of these?

Jedi Master 33 07-16-09 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by darkhawk (Post 9570721)
Anybody received any of these?

Not yet. My orders are still showing as "Processed".

joltman 07-16-09 06:16 AM

^ Same here

CmC918 07-17-09 06:58 PM

Yeah nothing just says Processed.

sotra 07-17-09 10:34 PM

Received letter saying sorry out of stock. welcome to order anything else, but not for free.