Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Take 2 DVDs at $2.99 each with FREE SHIPPING (No other purchase necessary)

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-09, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Columbia House is sending this out to people who had CH.COM memberships (which they've since or about to discontinue)

Link: http://dvd-movies.columbiahouse.com/...Page.do?dk=2GG

*Details*

You'll be pleasantly surprised
It's true. Choose 2 DVDs for $2.99 each, with free shipping! You have no obligation to buy more and you may cancel at any time by contacting Customer Service. There's no risk, your introductory package is sent on a 10-day trial basis and includes complete details of membership. If you are not completely satisfied, you may return the package at our expense and we'll cancel your membership and refund your money.

CH.Com members please ignore the Director Selections information below. There will there no automatic shipments sent to you. You'll receive only the DVD that you want.

Not sure how or if they will verify if you're a previous CH.COM member, so maybe a risk if you're not, but I would assume anybody who signs up will not have a problem.

-

You get 2 DVDs for $2.99 each--FREE shipping on this order! You may cancel anytime thereafter by contacting Customer Service. Membership means you're eligible for private Club offerings and special sales! As a member, you will receive our Club mailing about every three weeks (up to 21 times a year) announcing the Director's Selection, the hottest title of the month and promoting a special offer...plus scores of DVDs to choose from (over 9,000 titles), many at extra-special prices. Enjoy relaxed, pressure-free ordering - membership just couldn't be easier. You'll never receive a shipment you didn't order - we guarantee it. When your monthly reply card comes, if you don't see a selection you want, just throw the card away. Order only the selections you want ... or order nothing at all. If you'd like to order the Director's Selection or some other selection, just send back the card and tell us what you'd like. There are no automatic shipments ... no deadlines to beat. It's that easy and carefree. We'll send your Membership Agreement along with your introductory DVDs. Review the Membership Agreement for 10 days. If you are not completely satisfied - for any reason - return the unopened DVDs at our expense with no further obligation. Offer limited to customers of the contiguous United States and may be withdrawn at any time. Applicable tax added to all orders. All applications are subject to review. Columbia House reserves the right to request additional information, reject any application, or cancel any membership.
If you view the terms, the above statements overrides the "Membership Rules" box which has info about the Director's Selection.
Old 06-09-09, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Take 2 DVDs at $2.99 each with FREE SHIPPING (No other purchase necessary)

Best enrollment deal ever?

I gave it a try, even though my one and only CH.com account has been closed for like 4 years, and my applications to CH.com during the last year have been "lost."

Thanks, pilot!

Note the enrollment code at the end of the link: 2GG.

Last edited by Cheato; 06-09-09 at 07:25 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-09-09, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by pilot
Not sure how or if they will verify if you're a previous CH.COM member, so maybe a risk if you're not, but I would assume anybody who signs up will not have a problem.
I never was a CH.com member. I tried for years to get an account but never did succeed.

I think I'm going to try this anyway. What's the worst that could happen?
Old 06-09-09, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

So I have/had a ch.com account (though I haven't gotten the email yet). This is basically an enrollment code and the best strategy I suppose would be to open the account with the $2.99 selections and then cancel, correct?
Old 06-09-09, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
So I have/had a ch.com account (though I haven't gotten the email yet). This is basically an enrollment code and the best strategy I suppose would be to open the account with the $2.99 selections and then cancel, correct?
It would appear so. For those who do/did not have ch.com accounts, one would just have to hope that they are not cross referencing people who sign up with people who have/had ch.com accounts or had sent the email, which.. well... I seriously seriously doubt.
Old 06-10-09, 08:37 AM

I wonder how fast one could cycle through a few accounts! I just canceled a regular account last week and will try for this one, then cancel once items are shipped, and try to get approval again.

Post up if you get an approval email.
Old 06-10-09, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whether or not Columbia House will allow cycling of these accounts, this might be the best offer to use to keep an account open for the various deals that come along: no Director's Selections to fuss with.
Old 06-10-09, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lizard
Whether or not Columbia House will allow cycling of these accounts, this might be the best offer to use to keep an account open for the various deals that come along: no Director's Selections to fuss with.
Exactly what I was thinking...
Old 06-10-09, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I wanna try this, but I have two accounts at my home address under different e-mail addresses (its complicated) and I think the way it works I can't have a third account at this address.
Old 06-10-09, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by zombeaner
I wanna try this, but I have two accounts at my home address under different e-mail addresses (its complicated) and I think the way it works I can't have a third account at this address.
It's not that complicated. I use a different email address for every account I open with them.

And yeah, the maximum is 2 per person (+2 TV clubs, so 4 max all together).

Why not close one account? Both not fulfilled?
Old 06-10-09, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I've never had a problem using the same email address on multiple accounts, even at the same time.
Old 06-10-09, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Cheato
It's not that complicated. I use a different email address for every account I open with them.

And yeah, the maximum is 2 per person (+2 TV clubs, so 4 max all together).

Why not close one account? Both not fulfilled?
One is fulfilled but has 4 pending pre-orders. Now, the two at this address are in different names, one is my wife, would that matter?
Old 06-10-09, 01:24 PM

I've never used Columbia House before. Is this offer intended as a trial membership? And what are the limitations on choosing the 2 DVDs -- as long as they have it in stock, you can order it... 2-disc, 3-disc, box sets, Criterion, what?
Old 06-10-09, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by Kent2000
I've never used Columbia House before. Is this offer intended as a trial membership? And what are the limitations on choosing the 2 DVDs -- as long as they have it in stock, you can order it... 2-disc, 3-disc, box sets, Criterion, what?
It's not intended as a trial membership, it's actually intended to convert memebers of their other site, ch.com, which is closing. But if you have the code 2GG, you may be able to get in on the deal even if you were never a member of ch.com, which is what a lot of us are counting on. Normally the best deal is to buy 6 for 49 cents, 1 for 9.95, and 2 more to buy in the next 2 years (which you have to pay at least 19.95 for). If you wait for a B1G1 offer with free shipping before fulfilling your commitment, you can get 4 more DVD's for only 39.90, which brings your average cost for the whole shebang to approximately 4.80 per DVD (12.89 for your enrollment package of 7 DVD's, and 39.90 for your fulfillment, so 11 DVD's for 52.79). A lot of us just cycle accounts over and over using this method to build our DVD collections.

While that's a pretty decent deal, the ability to buy 2 for less than 6 bucks with nothing more to buy ever is even better.

As far as which DVD's are available, it must be available as an enrollment title (which excludes box sets and most multi-disc sets). Just go to ColumbiaHouse.com and browse the selection. Anything that you can get with the default offer (5 for 49 cents, with X more to buy in the next 2 years etc.) will also be available when you use this code. If you're looking for something specific, and can't find it, just type it into the search box. If it comes up, it will either come up with the price of .49, or it will say Members Only (meaning it is available thru the club, but not as an enrollment title). Then you just pick your two DVD's, with nothing more to buy. You can also check the data miner thread to find out which titles are currently available as enrollments.

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 06-10-09 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-11-09, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It looks like I got approved. I have never had an issue of getting an account from CH (haven't had too many in the past, maybe 4 over the course of a couple years). I know sometimes people get authorizations and then they drop off, but I get real-time notification of when something is charged on my CC (when a charge is actually charged, not a temp charge or authorization) and at like 2 am I got a alert CH charged me (applied 6/9 at about 2:30pm EST), so anybody who applied shortly after I made my post should be in the same boat (no welcome email yet - however)
Old 06-12-09, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

got the approval email about 30 mins ago from joining from the link in my original post.
Old 06-12-09, 11:02 PM

I got one tonight as well. Thanks Pilot!
Old 06-14-09, 03:39 PM

Thanks. Just signed up right now - waiting for confirmation. Fingers crossed for this to work...
Old 06-14-09, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by pilot
Columbia House is sending this out to people who had CH.COM memberships (which they've since or about to discontinue).
I have an active ch.com membership (along with a couple of of others), but never got the email. I applied for this new membership with my ch.com email address on the 9th (a couple of hours after you posted) and was approved on the 12th.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 06-14-09, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cool. I applied on the 12th, so hopfully I'll be approved tomorrow.
Old 06-15-09, 01:10 PM

applied on the 13th, hopefuly by midweek ill hear something
Old 06-15-09, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SPRBD
I have an active ch.com membership (along with a couple of of others), but never got the email. I applied for this new membership with my ch.com email address on the 9th (a couple of hours after you posted) and was approved on the 12th.

Thanks for the tip!
I didn't get the e-mail until today, so they are still sending them out.
Old 06-15-09, 05:26 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by lizard
I didn't get the e-mail until today, so they are still sending them out.
Ditto.
Old 06-16-09, 12:17 AM

Long time lurker (since 2003), first time poster.

I got my approval e-mail today as well, after applying on the 11th. Wasn't sure this deal would work for me since I've never had a CH.com account before. But I have had numerous regular columbiahouse.com accounts over the years. I just came back here after several years of hiatus, because my toddler grandson got into my DVD collection and trashed several, so I wanted to replace them plus pick up a few new releases. After this CH deal I'll probably go for another round of the main club too. I have to dig up my spreadsheet with all my PSN's from years ago -- is there still any major benefit to using PSN codes? From the current deals I've glanced over I don't see as big a benefit to them now.
Old 06-16-09, 07:41 AM

I'm giving it a whirl. Thanks to pilot and the other "trailblazers." :-)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.