Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

B1G1 Free (with shipping) is Back on

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-09, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: B1G1 Free (with shipping) is Back on

^At least a B1G1 is fairly common and seems to be including BR more and more (if that's what you're interested in for fulfillment) so maybe you'll not have too long a wait.
Old 06-06-09, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for figuring that out, Bob!
I really do appreciate it, and didn't mean to cause the hooha in the other thread.
It's not the 'saving $2' thing...it's more the threshold I have for myself in my own brain for what I pay for Blu.
Old 06-06-09, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^You're welcome.

As far as the "hooha", all us "old timers" ask is for people to ask questions/make comments in the appropriate threads. It makes it easier when one is looking for information, etc. Even yours *could* have been better in the general "questions" thread than here but since it was a direct result of the B1G1 deal currently on I felt here was more appropriate.

I'm *very* suprised cheato hasn't commented yet...
Old 06-06-09, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

BobO'Link, I've always wanted to ask what the significance of your username is.
Old 06-06-09, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
^You're welcome.

As far as the "hooha", all us "old timers" ask is for people to ask questions/make comments in the appropriate threads. It makes it easier when one is looking for information, etc. Even yours *could* have been better in the general "questions" thread than here but since it was a direct result of the B1G1 deal currently on I felt here was more appropriate.

I'm *very* suprised cheato hasn't commented yet...
I have been monitoring the situation very closely.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

Old 06-06-09, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS
BobO'Link, I've always wanted to ask what the significance of your username is.
From the Three Stooges:

"If a Body Meets a Body" (1945)

The Stooges are unemployed again, and looking through the want-ads for
work.

Larry: Here's one. "Wanted: Gravediggers."
Moe: No, no, too morbid.
Curly: Da morbid, da merrier! Nyuk nyuk nyuk!

Moe stumbles on an article stating that Curly's uncle Bob O. Link had died and left his nephew Curly Q. Link a nice inheritance. Upon arriving at the uncle's mansion for the reading of the will, the lawyer disappears along with will, and is then found murdered. All potential heirs, including the Stooges, are held as suspects and forced to spend the night.

While getting a tour of their sleeping quarters, Curly gets spooked when it is revealed his is standing on the exact spot his uncle was murdered. The rest of night consists of a live parrot walking around inside a human skull, howling wind, and uncle Bob O. Link's corpse leaning on Moe.

The Stooges flee down the stairwell and knock over the "maid", who is the killer in disguise, with the stolen will falling out of the killer's wig.

Curly Q. Link: [reading his uncle's will] "To my niece, Elisa Link, I leave one million, two hundred fifty thousand dollars. To my nephew, Curly Q. Link...” That's me! That's me!
Larry: Yes! Yes!
Moe: How much. How much?
Curly Q. Link: "To my nephew, Curly Q. Link, I leave a sum total of sixty seven cents, net."
Moe: [in despair] Sixty seven cents!
Curly Q. Link: Sixty seven cents!
Larry: Sixty seven cents!
(they repeat until fade out)

I always enjoyed the word play of the name Bob O. Link (the bird species bobolink), the inheritance amount, and, of course, the Stooges!

Moe: "Didn't you say your full name was Curly Q. Link?"
Curly: "You know my name is Curly Q. Link."
Larry: "What does the 'Q' stand for, 'Quincy'?"
Curly: "No..."
Moe " 'Quillup' ?"
Curly: "No..."
Moe "What then?"
Curly: "Cuff."
Larry: "Oh, Cuff Link!"

Nyuk nyuk nyuk!
Old 06-06-09, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks BobO'Link
Old 06-06-09, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
The Dark Knight BD is currently on sale for $14.99 at TWEC stores (Suncoast, FYE), even cheaper if you are a backstage pass member... Just sayin...
Thanks for the info. I'll stop by tomorrow before work and see if there are any left.

Of course, after I posted, I saw that BOGO with FS for Blu-Rays come along every three months, I decided to wait until the next such sale and buy a couple of Blu-Rays.
Old 06-07-09, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Don't know if it was mentioned earlier or not, but the B1G1 sale does work with the clearence items that were priced at $19.95 and above. You still have to pay for shipping which somewhat ruins the deal but it could be useful to some of you.
Old 06-08-09, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I had about 12 titles in my cart but couldn't pull the trigger with the shipping cost. I made a deal with myself only ordering only the two most recent Bond movies for $16.50 each after tax and shipping just before midnight last night. Even if Target has the $14.99 price again, it's pretty much the same. I'll wait to mass order for when there's free shipping again (fingers are crossed).
Old 06-08-09, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I ordered the last 2 Bond blu-rays too, but I'll be sending in my receipt for $20 off through Great Fun I can't believe I've managed to get every single Bond blu-ray so far for an average just over $6 each through CH, Target and Amazon!
Old 06-08-09, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sotra
I ordered the last 2 Bond blu-rays too, but I'll be sending in my receipt for $20 off through Great Fun I can't believe I've managed to get every single Bond blu-ray so far for an average just over $6 each through CH, Target and Amazon!
Great Fun is a scam. I would avoid that if I were you.
Old 06-08-09, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 445 Likes on 251 Posts

Managed to control myself and hold off on this although I have a new account I need to fulfill. The worst that could happen is waiting a month or so for the next BOGO with shipping if BOGO & free shipping doesn't appear...I have patience so that helps.
Old 06-08-09, 08:58 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jaymole
Managed to control myself and hold off on this although I have a new account I need to fulfill. The worst that could happen is waiting a month or so for the next BOGO with shipping if BOGO & free shipping doesn't appear...I have patience so that helps.
I decided to pull the trigger to fulfill. I just bought a house, so I will be moving in less than a month. I'd rather not deal with changing addresses with them. Plus 4 blus for $70 isn't that bad (ugh) when you include one TV on Bluray.
Old 06-08-09, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GenPion
Great Fun is a scam. I would avoid that if I were you.
Each to their own I guess. I have done roughly 30-40 1 month trial memberships with Great Fun through CH over the past 4 years and I've never been billed anything (just call and cancel) and only once did I not receive my $20 check, but I did receive 2 checks for 1 membership one time that made up for it. I used to cycle accounts, but there are now less and less movies I'm interested in getting. With GF I have been averaging about $4 ($2 for DVDs/$8 for blu-rays) and the only "hassle" is having to mail in a printout of your email receipt and calling to cancel. Actually, now the calling to cancel is much easier since they don't give me the 3-4 minute spiel about why I should continue to be a member.
Deepdiscoutn have 3-4 different trial memberships too that give you $10-$15 cashback in the same way
Old 06-08-09, 09:39 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by sotra
Each to their own I guess. I have done roughly 30-40 1 month trial memberships with Great Fun through CH over the past 4 years and I've never been billed anything (just call and cancel) and only once did I not receive my $20 check, but I did receive 2 checks for 1 membership one time that made up for it. I used to cycle accounts, but there are now less and less movies I'm interested in getting. With GF I have been averaging about $4 ($2 for DVDs/$8 for blu-rays) and the only "hassle" is having to mail in a printout of your email receipt and calling to cancel. Actually, now the calling to cancel is much easier since they don't give me the 3-4 minute spiel about why I should continue to be a member.
Deepdiscoutn have 3-4 different trial memberships too that give you $10-$15 cashback in the same way
Hmm. I'll have to give this a shot in my next cycle.. I don't mind the cancelling.
Old 06-08-09, 03:21 PM

I, too, have been a frequent cycler of Great Fun trial memberships over the last 6-plus years; it's absolutely free money and I've never gotten charged for anything. It's totally worth the time and effort to join, mail in your CH receipt and then cancel before the 30 days runs out. I was actually bummed when CH stopped offering links to Great Fun trial memberships over a year ago; in recent months, however, they've come back and really made it worthwhile to cycle accounts again. I highly recommend the Great Fun method.