DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Free Movie Voucher

Old 12-22-08, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free Movie Voucher

I just received two different invoices for ordered movies, which I received. Inside the envelopes were vouchers for a free movie. It said it was for an enrollment movie, but I have received all of my movies. Anybody else receive one of these? The instructions don't say that I can't use it for a blu-ray, which is the club I signed up under, only cant use for multiple disc sets and collections.

Also, on the invoices, it tells me to come back in January and log in to a specific sight for a free movie, one per account. Anyone else get this also?

Thanks.
Old 12-22-08, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually received 12 different invoices and they all had them. I'd also like to know what's the deal with them?
Old 12-22-08, 11:24 PM

I got a bunch of certificates which said: "Return this certificate and you can BUY 1, GET 1 FREE!"
Old 12-23-08, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by signal12
I just received two different invoices for ordered movies, which I received. Inside the envelopes were vouchers for a free movie. It said it was for an enrollment movie, but I have received all of my movies. Anybody else receive one of these? The instructions don't say that I can't use it for a blu-ray, which is the club I signed up under, only cant use for multiple disc sets and collections.
Usually a voucher like that is a "rain check". Why you would get them I couldn't say. You might want to call or mail them in with a BD selection number just to see what happens.
Also, on the invoices, it tells me to come back in January and log in to a specific sight for a free movie, one per account. Anyone else get this also?

Thanks.
Columbia House has been having a promotion that allows one to get a "free" DVD when making a purchase during a certain month. But it is actually just a B1G1F, similar to what we use all the time (but most CH customers don't see as often).

Since the promotion doesn't include free shipping, it isn't as good as the better sale offer codes posted here. Just ignore it.
Old 01-07-09, 11:45 AM

Re: Free Movie Voucher

Lizard, thanks, most of what you said was old hat, but I was wondering if anyone else got one.

Also, on several of my statements from December, they had a note to go to columbiahouse.com/freedvd to select my free movie. I am to go there between january 1 and january 31.

I have not been able to get the link to actaully reflect any kind of free movie.

Any clues?
Old 01-07-09, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by lizard
Since the promotion doesn't include free shipping, it isn't as good as the better sale offer codes posted here. Just ignore it.
In the email offer I have for this, it says Free Shipping IS included, but as you say it ISN'T.
Old 01-07-09, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got an "Alternate Selection Voucher" in my last enrollment package, don't know why. Nothing was missing from it.
Old 01-14-09, 12:07 PM
Cool New Member

I got one on monday also, don't know why. I sent it in today for The Mask Blu-ray, figured I would try to get one of the lower priced blu-rays. We will see what happens.
Old 01-16-09, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^You can call in or e-mail about rain checks. The CSR should have a record on the account that you are owed a DVD. Rain checks are usually limited to DVDs available for enrollment.

As to why these rain checks are being given out, I have no idea. The usual Columbia House weirdness, I suppose.
Old 01-16-09, 03:22 PM

Well, for giggles and grins, I sent in two of the vouchers with #'s for Blu-rays on them and they were returned with a letter and two replacement vouchers. The letter stated that I can use the vouchers for DVD that does not have SR beside it or an asterisk*. So they can be used for most standard DVD's but not pre-order, Blu-rays, etc., etc., the usual disclaimers.
Old 02-07-09, 11:45 AM

I also received one of these. It is pretty clear that it can only be used for titles eligible for enrollment, but I 'm wondering whether you guys are able to get a DVD with these by only paying shipping and handling.
Old 03-06-09, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

back i december i received a couple of these and i held on to them. a couple weeks ago i opened a new account and for grins i decided to fill one out with my new account number and sent it in. today i received a shipping confirmation and my account history shows it as being sent for a grand total of $0.00. if anyone has any of these still lying around i'd suggest filling one out and giving it a shot. i wouldn't do more than one per account though just to not seem suspicious.
Old 08-13-09, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by parkerwilson
I got one on monday also, don't know why. I sent it in today for The Mask Blu-ray, figured I would try to get one of the lower priced blu-rays. We will see what happens.
After my initial Blu-Ray enrollment, I received a few vouchers as I didn't get a few titles I ordered. Tried sending them in a few other times for different Blu-Ray titles and they just keep sending me back morevouchers.