DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   B1G1 on Blu-Rays (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/539697-b1g1-blu-rays.html)

dsa_shea 09-26-08 02:04 PM

I received about 5 notices of out of stock items and they seemed to be back in stock in two days or so. Now I have another 5 items out of stock and I'm hoping that they ship soon.

flix1 09-26-08 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Krelyan (Post 8964414)
Subtotal: $21.71
Shipping & Processing: $4.98 :(
Tax: $0.00
Total: $26.69

Ouch! Couldn't get the Free shipping to work? (or just ordered before it was available)?

I placed an order yesterday

Kung Fu Panda $29.96
Iron Man FREE
Hancock $29.96
Walk Hard FREE
S/H $0.00

Total $59.92 ($14.98 each)

Took some playing around to get Iron Man to show up as Free, but it all worked out.

SMART-ASS 09-26-08 05:30 PM

I placed six orders for six pairs of bogo BRs.
I have gotten ONE shipping notice for one order, and 2 notices that 2 of the discs I ordered were oos. What about the other 3 orders CH? :rolleyes:

BuckNaked2k 09-26-08 08:54 PM

I placed 2 orders for 6 discs each. As a new member to Columbia House, I was very impressed with this deal.

My main observation is that they need to add more titles to their available selection. Right now, they offer about 315 Blu-ray titles, while there are about 800 out in the market.

SMART-ASS 09-26-08 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k (Post 8966161)
I placed 2 orders for 6 discs each. As a new member to Columbia House, I was very impressed with this deal.

My main observation is that they need to add more titles to their available selection. Right now, they offer about 315 Blu-ray titles, while there are about 800 out in the market.

Yes, I totally agree the selection is limited. However, you do have to take into account that they will never have any titles from Disney or any of the Disney associated studios. These include Buena Vista, Miramax, Dimension, and a couple other studios owned by Disney.

With that said, there definately could be another 100-200 titles added.

I would have loved to get U571 with the new DTS-HD/MA soundtrack as well as quite a few others during the BOGO sale. :(

I AM happy that we got the deal we did get. I picked up 12 titles.

sumdeus 09-27-08 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS (Post 8966195)
Yes, I totally agree the selection is limited. However, you do have to take into account that they will never have any titles from Disney or any of the Disney associated studios. These include Buena Vista, Miramax, Dimension, and a couple other studios owned by Disney.

I would have loved to get U571 with the new DTS-HD/MA soundtrack as well as quite a few others during the BOGO sale. :(

First, U-571 BD sounds remarkable! You won't be disappointed when you get it. As for the sale, it was the best BD deal we've had anywhere since HD dropped out, so I was happy to see it. The selection was decent for a new media type and I managed to fill a bunch of wants and SD upgrades I had been holding out on while waiting for a great sale. Hopefully there was a great response from the buyers and CH will invest more in BD for the future. From the several OOS notices I and other buyers received it seems obvious that CH was not prepared for the response they got, so I am thinking this might be good news for us in the future.

Copper Blue 09-27-08 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS (Post 8966195)

I still can't understand why they carry some Blu-Ray titles from certain studios but not others. They have basically full coverage for SD. Where is U-571 and End of Days from Uni? Where is Man on Fire and Point Break from Fox? Where is The Orphanage from New Line or the Counterfeiters from Sony? How about Blow, Ocean's 11, and the Kubricks from Warner? Makes no sense...

SMART-ASS 09-27-08 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Copper Blue (Post 8967141)
I still can't understand why they carry some Blu-Ray titles from certain studios but not others. They have basically full coverage for SD. Where is U-571 and End of Days from Uni? Where is Man on Fire and Point Break from Fox? Where is The Orphanage from New Line or the Counterfeiters from Sony? How about Blow, Ocean's 11, and the Kubricks from Warner? Makes no sense...

I agree 100% on all counts. However we have to remember that this IS Columbia House we are talking about. They do things all the time that make no sense.

Oliver Clothesoff 09-29-08 07:39 AM

Did anyone who used this code to get Iron Man and Forgetting Sara Marshall blu-rays get a duplicate order automatically placed by Columbia House for the full price on each title?

Bobaray 09-29-08 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Oliver Clothesoff (Post 8970452)
Did anyone who used this code to get Iron Man and Forgetting Sara Marshall blu-rays get a duplicate order automatically placed by Columbia House for the full price on each title?

No, but they have done this to me before. Usually, the duplicate order is the one that goes through, and I have to either send the order back to them or contact customer service for a credit for the extra charge.

Oliver Clothesoff 09-29-08 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bobaray (Post 8970478)
No, but they have done this to me before. Usually, the duplicate order is the one that goes through, and I have to either send the order back to them or contact customer service for a credit for the extra charge.

Thanks for the tip.

Pookymeister 10-01-08 12:21 PM

Not sure what is going over there at CH.

My orders have gone from Processed to Scheduled to Ship and then some of them back to Processed. Strange? Or is this typical behavior over there?

BuckNaked2k 10-01-08 03:33 PM

I'm also seeing duplicate orders, created several days after I placed my BOGO orders.

One account shows 5 of 6 items in the new order, with no free discs and full shipping. The other account shows 4 of 6 items items in a new order, also with no free discs and full shipping.

Pull your head out of your ass Columbia House. :down:

shadow32 10-02-08 12:53 PM

Did anyone elses Iron man selection disappear from their acct? It was the B1 of my order but still. It's been gone for a day.

movielib 10-02-08 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by shadow32 (Post 8978835)
Did anyone elses Iron man selection disappear from their acct? It was the B1 of my order but still. It's been gone for a day.

I got a shipping notice for mine. :)

But this sort of thing happens at Columbia House all the time. It will likely be back within a day or two. You may even get it before that happens or you get a shipping notice. If not, call them, but you probably won't have to.

Sweet Baby James 10-02-08 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by movielib (Post 8978858)
I got a shipping notice for mine. :)

I got a confirmation email this morning as well and they are using expedited shipping.:up:

rednowgreen 10-02-08 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James (Post 8979675)
I got a confirmation email this morning as well and they are using expedited shipping.:up:

I got the same e-mail too

BackStJoe 10-09-08 06:56 PM

Got both Iron Man and The Happening a day apart. $32 and change shipped.
Kick ass!

GenPion 10-09-08 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by BackStJoe (Post 8994697)
Got both Iron Man and The Happening a day apart. $32 and change shipped.
Kick ass!

Yep! Same here. :)

kyle 10-09-08 08:57 PM

my Iron Man and Forgetting Sarah Marshall still haven't shown up yet--got a shipping notice last week.

Brent L 10-11-08 12:27 PM

I got Interview With the Vampire today!

Brent L 10-18-08 03:10 PM

And Iron Man finally showed up today.

ENDContra 10-29-08 05:06 AM

Ordered I Am Legend in one of my orders...was billed for it as expected ($26.xx), but instead received the Complete Die Hard Collection on BD...Score! :)

dsa_shea 11-01-08 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by ENDContra (Post 9035617)
Ordered I Am Legend in one of my orders...was billed for it as expected ($26.xx), but instead received the Complete Die Hard Collection on BD...Score! :)

Very nice!!!!