DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Inaccessible account? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/538723-inaccessible-account.html)

obispo21 08-30-08 04:37 PM

Inaccessible account?

Hi all - Is anyone else having trouble accessing their Columbia House account online today / this weekend?

When I try, I get the following message...

"! Your account is inaccessible. Please customer service."

(I'm assuming that's supposed to be "Please contact customer service.")

I was able to log on just fine earlier this week. I think I've had the account for nearly a decade now and haven't had such a problem before.

Jedi Master 33 08-30-08 05:07 PM

You too, eh? I've getting the same thing on my two active accounts.

insanecollector 08-30-08 08:38 PM

i got this as well.

Sweet Baby James 08-30-08 09:10 PM

I just accessed my account without any problems whatsoever.

Cardsfan111 08-30-08 09:58 PM

No problem on my accounts. Guess I know what to expect now if I'm ever "blacklisted" from Columbia House. ;)

Al_Tahoe 08-30-08 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by obispo21 (Post 8906271)
"! Your account is inaccessible. Please customer service."

(I'm assuming that's supposed to be "Please contact customer service.")

No. It means you have to give someone in customer service a blowjob to get reinstated.

dadaluholla 08-30-08 10:35 PM

Yeah, I'm currently "inaccessible". Apparently, I need to please customer service too.

Zuvembieman 08-30-08 11:54 PM

I've been having the same problem on my CH.com account for the past couple of months. I can only get into the account through the links in CH.com emails I've archived in my G-mail. At least in the case of CH.com, I don't feel like I've been missing anything lately.

HappyRabbit 08-31-08 05:49 AM

Having the same problem on my account.

BobO'Link 08-31-08 07:39 AM

No problem here. Try clearing your cookies and history files.

Al_Tahoe 08-31-08 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link (Post 8907100)
Try clearing your cookies and history files.

Are you serious? Do you really think that's the problem?

Cheato 08-31-08 01:25 PM

It certainly could be. What's the problem? When troubleshooting, start with the easiest things and work your way up. It's common sense.

On the old site, if my login timed out, sometimes I would get this:

The Columbia House website is unavailable at the moment.
Please try again later.

Once I got it, I would be unable to get anything else after the login page. It would just continually return to that notice after trying to log in.

If I cleared my cookies, the error went away.

Maybe this is the new version of that page.

Apparently, even though multiple people got this error, and as far back as last Tuesday, nobody tried (a) any troubleshooting on their own--or if they did, they didn't post results, or (b) actually following the instructions and calling Columbia House to find out what's what.

Al_Tahoe 08-31-08 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cheato (Post 8907939)
What's the problem?

Well, if my post seemed too harsh, I apologize to Bob O'Link, or anyone else I might have offended.

For the sake of the people having this problem, I hope it really is just a technical glitch. Doesn't seem very likely to me - but hey, I've been wrong before.

Hopefully, somebody will be able to post an update soon.

lovinmovies 08-31-08 05:12 PM

says the same thing here. Won't let me into my account. I thought i did something wrong lol Glad to see im not alone, I guess come Tuesday I will please customer service, or contact them.

lake100 08-31-08 08:24 PM

i have 1 account that allows me to access and another that does not.....tried the cookies etc...no luck. Just curious....all of you that can not access yr account by chance did you have an outstanding balance on the account????

obispo21 08-31-08 09:16 PM

I've tried clearing my cookies & history, different web browers, different computers, and links from e-mails - all had no effect.

Looks like I'll have to call them on Tuesday.

I've been paying for all my orders via credit card, so have no balance.

I do have 2 pre-orders in my queue from a significant order I placed during the B1G1 Blu-ray sale a couple weeks back.

lake100 08-31-08 09:28 PM

Hmmmmm...so much for the theory that it is connected with only outsatanding balances.

lake100 08-31-08 10:24 PM

By the way.....i do have access to the account via their "Telephone" system. I can enter into the unaccessible account over the phone. No problems there.

obispo21 09-01-08 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by lake100 (Post 8908748)
By the way.....i do have access to the account via their "Telephone" system. I can enter into the unaccessible account over the phone. No problems there.

Thanks for the tip! I completely forgot you could do things over the phone... at least maybe I can respond to my selections that way if this doesn't get resolved soon.

FYI for others who have this problem.... I sent an e-mail to customer service and got a response already (Labor Day no-less). No real answer... but it seems they are looking into the issue...

--------------

"Thank you for your e-mail message.

Account # XXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for notifying us of the difficulties you have been
experiencing with our Website. We have reported the issue and hope to
have it corrected soon. We apologize for any inconvenience and
appreciate your patience. In the meantime, we would be happy to assist
you via email.

If we may be of further service, please contact us at http://www.columbiahouse.com."

lake100 09-01-08 03:42 PM

wrote to columbia house on sunday to inform them of the problem with the website........here is there response via e-mail.

"Thank you for notifying us of the difficulties you have been experiencing with our Website. We have reported the issue and hope to have it corrected soon. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience. In the meantime, we would be happy to assist you via email.

If we may be of further service, please contact us

Sincerely,

Rosa Rose

Customer Service "

zombeaner 09-01-08 09:36 PM

Two of my three accounts are fine, the third is inaccessible, I called CS about another issue and mentioned the website deal and the CSR said it would be fixed tomorrow.

lake100 09-02-08 12:14 AM

Wow! C House was open on labor day???

Cardsfan111 09-02-08 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by lake100 (Post 8910670)
Wow! C House was open on labor day???

Guess the easy joke here would be it was Labor Day in the United States. Seeing as how you call customer service many times and it seems as if your call was routed to another country, it makes sense that he got a hold of someone.

lake100 09-02-08 09:20 PM

Hmmmm.....never thought of CH in Canada....completely forgot they were. Makes sense now.

obispo21 09-02-08 09:56 PM

Alright - I'm able to log in again. Thanks for the responses all!

lake100 - It seems your theory about the bug affecting accounts w/ balances may have been correct.

It turns out I *did* have a balance... from an erroneous / duplicate order that was posted.... Ugghhh....