DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Bluray free with funcash (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/538147-bluray-free-funcash.html)

TABLOIDJUNKIES 08-20-08 11:23 PM

Bluray free with funcash

I logged onto CH and went to recent BluRays. They listed the first 4 blu rays as free. I added them to my cart and they were free with funcash. With free shipping on pre orders them came up as completly free. I only ordered 2 of the 4 out of fear of a glitch.

kenbenobi 08-20-08 11:42 PM

Not sure which titles you are talking about, but when I go to Most Recent blu rays, everything has a price... I added Ironman to my cart, and tried to apply Funcash, but it says you cannot apply funcash to pre-orders. What are the 4 titles you saw as free?

scrappler 08-21-08 12:01 AM

It won't let me checkout with the dvds in my cart. keeps routing me back to my cart. oh well, that would have been nice though.

TABLOIDJUNKIES 08-21-08 12:05 AM

the 2 I ordered were Poltergist and Fred Claus. Interview with a Vampire was another (don't remember the 4th). I looked at my account order history and it is still listing it as free.

TABLOIDJUNKIES 08-21-08 12:08 AM

I never had to apply my funcash to it, just by adding it to my cart it listed as free with funcash. I had $40 in funcash and after the free movies I still had $40.

TABLOIDJUNKIES 08-21-08 12:13 AM

When I log on to CH, I'll go to Bluray then click on A-Z and then change the sort by to most recent. I tried it again and it worked again.

Arthur Dent 08-21-08 12:17 AM

Any chance you can find out the 4th title? Thanks!

TABLOIDJUNKIES 08-21-08 12:18 AM

Elf

TABLOIDJUNKIES 08-21-08 12:24 AM

If you just search for those 4 movies in blu ray it lists them as free.

Preterite 08-21-08 12:40 AM

Nice find, but none of those titles are tempting enough to risk dealing with unannounced charges and CH customer service.

kenbenobi 08-21-08 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by TABLOIDJUNKIES (Post 8887708)
When I log on to CH, I'll go to Bluray then click on A-Z and then change the sort by to most recent. I tried it again and it worked again.

Ah yes. Clicking on A-Z before going to Most Recent was the key... These pre-orders are so far out, I highly doubt we'll get em. But I spose it's worth a shot. I ordered only 2 as well...

Drama King 08-21-08 02:59 PM

Showing REgular Prices for me.... = ( what is the offer on your account

TABLOIDJUNKIES 08-21-08 10:23 PM

Just checked the website and the movies now have prices. In my account history they still show as free.

Arthur Dent 08-22-08 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by TABLOIDJUNKIES (Post 8889405)
Just checked the website and the movies now have prices. In my account history they still show as free.

Same here. Thank you for pointing this out originally, TABLOIDJUNKIES.

kenbenobi 08-23-08 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by TABLOIDJUNKIES (Post 8889405)

Me, too! Thx again for the post. Keeping my fingers crossed they don't get canceled, or even worse, we suddenly get charged full price...

Arthur Dent 09-16-08 03:21 PM

My message in another thread describing my outcome here:

Originally Posted by Me
...I had ordered The Poltergeist on blu. A while after ordering, I got a letter in the mail from CH canceling the order.

RTorres481 09-16-08 10:45 PM

I ordered all 4 of the original titles and received the same cancellation letter. But when I access the site and click on the order number, each of them is still there with "processed" status. I wonder what's going on?

kenbenobi 09-17-08 06:38 AM

Interesting. I never received a cancellation letter. But I also didn't order all 4 titles. I won't get my hopes up that it will slip through, but it would be a nice surprise...

Arthur Dent 09-17-08 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 8944303)
Interesting. I never received a cancellation letter. But I also didn't order all 4 titles. I won't get my hopes up that it will slip through, but it would be a nice surprise...

I only ordered Poltergeist, thinking that ordering all 4 would really send up a flag. Apparently luck just wasn't on my side.

Originally Posted by RTorres481
I ordered all 4 of the original titles and received the same cancellation letter. But when I access the site and click on the order number, each of them is still there with "processed" status. I wonder what's going on?

Nothing too abnormal about that. I have had orders canceled via phone before and they still show up as processed in the online order status.