DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   CH sends a DVD I didn't order... and tells me to keep it! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/534468-ch-sends-dvd-i-didnt-order-tells-me-keep.html)

Living Dead 06-27-08 02:31 PM

CH sends a DVD I didn't order... and tells me to keep it!

More Columbia House madness. Has anyone had this happen before? I had this email in my inbox this morning:

We've got good news and bad news. Since all of us movie fans love a
happy ending, we'll start with the bad news.

Due to a systems processing error, we sent you the Director's
Selection you recently declined.

The good news? We'd like you to keep this selection at no charge. We
have already credited your account or your credit/debit card on file
for the full amount, including shipping and processing and tax, if
applicable. Please ignore the invoice enclosed with your order.

We appreciate your understanding. If you have any questions, please
contact us at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Customer Service Team

I wnet to my account page and see that the movie in question is The Bucket List. Even though I don't want the movie, this seemed pretty cool, right? At least I thought so until I went to their website and saw that I have been billed for it and my account balance is $25.94, so it HAS NOT been credited.

I have been sent Director's Selections that I have declined on multiple occasions over the years, and I always just write return to sender on them and drop them in the mail, which I suppose is what I'll do with this one despite it being "free." But this is the first time I've got an email admitting to the mistake!

BobO'Link 06-27-08 03:05 PM

^I would give it a few days first to see if it all works itself out considering how slow the web site typically is when it comes to displaying accurate, current account information.

Dogg 06-27-08 06:20 PM

And I had trouble getting a refund from them for charging me the incorrect price.

arbogast777 06-30-08 04:41 PM

I just got the same e-mail, but it wasn't for The Bucket List, it was whatever the newest one is (Vantage Point, maybe?). Nothing has shown up yet under My Account.

redrum 06-30-08 09:53 PM

hmm interesting i was recently charged 25.94 from my checking account and there isn't anything showing up on my 2 open accounts.

vcuram 06-30-08 11:20 PM

I checked my CC statement the other day and there was a random CH charge for $3.98 on there. The order appeared in my CH account a couple days later, said it was a mail order, and it was for two films I'd never think about ordering: I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry and one of the Resident Evil films.

It's not worth the hassle of dealing with their customer service over $4 because I can get more selling the two discs. I just hope this isn't a sign that the switch to the new site is causing problems that they don't know about.