DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   CH bi-weekly director's selections (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/526973-ch-bi-weekly-directors-selections.html)

That'sAllFolks 03-09-08 12:00 PM

CH bi-weekly director's selections

Had to vent. It used to be they sent you dirctor's selection once a month, now they overlap them every two weeks.

Just pisses me off I missed one.

Can you return them and get full p&h back? How do you do that?

dadaluholla 03-09-08 12:27 PM

Which club is this? I'm still only getting them once a month.

BobO'Link 03-09-08 12:58 PM

^Same here. Every 4 weeks.

bigjim25 03-09-08 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Can you return them and get full p&h back? How do you do that?

I recently got one. I wrote REFUSED-RETURN TO SENDER on it & got credited to my account within a week. It was THIRD WATCH they sent me & wanted to charge me around $53 for it. I like the show but :lol:

That'sAllFolks 03-09-08 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Which club is this? I'm still only getting them once a month.

Regular columbia house club. I got a notice for Bee movie and decllined -- this was on 2/26. Today I noticed a charge for 30.55 and checked both accounts I have (One was just opened). Sure enought there was a notification for American Gangster on 2-7 -- less than 3 weeks prior.

I haven't been a member for a few years and when I was it was just once a month. Now they seem to be staggaring their noticifications to confuse the member and get extra sales.

kenbenobi 03-09-08 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Regular columbia house club. I got a notice for Bee movie and decllined -- this was on 2/26. Today I noticed a charge for 30.55 and checked both accounts I have (One was just opened). Sure enought there was a notification for American Gangster on 2-7 -- less than 3 weeks prior.

I haven't been a member for a few years and when I was it was just once a month. Now they seem to be staggaring their noticifications to confuse the member and get extra sales.

I rarely pay attention to the notifications. I just try to log into my account at least every 2 weeks, so I'll notice if there is a director's selection posted. So I have no idea how often I get them. In the mail, I get the packet once a month...

basaro 03-09-08 06:05 PM

I have no problems with this either. They send email about a week before as a last reminder to respond, but I usually log in every week or two anyway, so I always decline anything when I'm logged in.

They do seem to be doing more of them than before, and I seem to recall a mention of this via email a while back, but it's a little hard to say exactly. Staggering two different accounts makes it hard to remember which is coming and which is going.

Regardless, if you get something you don't want, just write "return to sender" on it, and slap it back in the mail. Don't open it. If it's a single title it usually arrives with an open window and you can read the title on the invoice inside. CH should be able to accept the return and credit your account without a problem.
But as we all should know, YMMV. CH is sometimes inconsistent.

Cardsfan111 03-09-08 08:04 PM

I get e-mail notifications of the director's selections and reply and decline within 24 hours typically. If you aren't signed up to receive the e-mail notices, I'd recommend it to avoid having the occasional package at your door.

avoiceoreason 03-12-08 12:09 PM

In any case, like others said, just write return to sender on the box and ship it back.

For some reason on my last account a year or so ago I had a mental block against checking the site and declining the selections. I must have returned about 8 movies to them over a 6 month period. All got credited back to my card after they were returned. I did start to get some pretty directly worded letters from CH regarding my habits though.

Figured maybe I would be blacklisted as a result, but nope, just got a new account opened a couple of days ago!