Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

B1G1 FREE Blu-ray & HD DVDs at Columbia House!

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

B1G1 FREE Blu-ray & HD DVDs at Columbia House!

Old 03-28-08, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my confirmation email from an account I opened a week ago. Logged into CH, and I get the DVDs at 50% off when u buy 1 at regular price offer... no sale on blu ray or hd dvd. I tried the code at the start of the thread and that didn't work. Any suggestions?
Old 03-28-08, 08:45 PM

The B1G1 free on HD and Blu Ray is over. Will have to wait until they have it again, if they do. Check out the sales code thread for some awesome codes though.
Old 03-31-08, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Atonement still "awaiting stock" - I emailed them to express my displeasure with this bullshit. We'll see what they say. I am very very pissed off that it's two weeks past the release date and they STILL claim not to have it. Nice "pre-order".
Old 04-01-08, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

CH just cancelled my Blade Runner BD from the B1G1 sale. I had already received Stardust (HD DVD) and Red Shoes (Criterion) and paid $4.36 for them. So it looks like I got a Criterion and an HD DVD for under 5 bucks. Still waiting for Atonement (HD DVD) from another order.
Old 04-03-08, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by brizz
Atonement still "awaiting stock" - I emailed them to express my displeasure with this bullshit. We'll see what they say. I am very very pissed off that it's two weeks past the release date and they STILL claim not to have it. Nice "pre-order".
I just sent back two copies of Atonement about a week ago, so maybe one of those will get to you guys. I think its ridiculous that they couldn't ship out your Atonement when they shipped me two, one of which I had requested to cancel 19 days before it came out. I would have kept one if they didn't mess up my Beowulf order or if Bee movie actually came out, but no sense in paying $29.99 if I'm not getting one free.
Old 04-14-08, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

FINALLY received Atonement - a month after it's release. remind me never to use CH for new releases i really want ever again
Old 04-14-08, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Atonement arrived for me today as well. As did Blade Runner BR which I reordered.
Old 04-15-08, 09:06 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I finally got my ship notice for Atonement yesterday so hopefully I will get it today.
Old 04-15-08, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i loved their response to me when i bitched about it taking so long: "well you won't get charged until it ships!" as if that's some kind of consolation. if it wasn't for the fact that they just gave me 35 movies for an average of $5 each i would be very angry with them
Old 04-17-08, 03:52 PM

On 2/28 I took advantage of this offer. I ordered Pan's Labyrinth, American Gangster, Beowulf, and The Invasion for a total of $56.92. I received an email confirmation and within the week(!) I received Beowulf and Pan's which were my two free titles. I still hadn't been charged by Columbia House. I assumed American G and The Invasion were on their way. On 3/12 I received an email stating, "For fastest service, log on to XXX and re-order the above selection(s) today by using a new credit card."

Turns out that I had to update my credit card information with them and reorder the titles. I was puzzled by this but it turns out that I had renewed my credit card some time back and it had been almost a year since ordering from Columbia House. It was the same card # just a different EXP. date.

I went online and updated my credit card information but I have yet to re-order those two titles or be charged for anything. When I go to "Order History" it says that I have no Outstanding Orders with my last Completed Order being on 2/28 for my two free HD movies with a total of $0.00. Why did they ship me my two free movies without checking my credit card information first and why do I have no outstanding orders? What would you do in this situation?
Old 04-17-08, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by beesonosu
On 2/28 I took advantage of this offer. I ordered Pan's Labyrinth, American Gangster, Beowulf, and The Invasion for a total of $56.92. I received an email confirmation and within the week(!) I received Beowulf and Pan's which were my two free titles. I still hadn't been charged by Columbia House. I assumed American G and The Invasion were on their way. On 3/12 I received an email stating, "For fastest service, log on to XXX and re-order the above selection(s) today by using a new credit card."

Turns out that I had to update my credit card information with them and reorder the titles. I was puzzled by this but it turns out that I had renewed my credit card some time back and it had been almost a year since ordering from Columbia House. It was the same card # just a different EXP. date.

I went online and updated my credit card information but I have yet to re-order those two titles or be charged for anything. When I go to "Order History" it says that I have no Outstanding Orders with my last Completed Order being on 2/28 for my two free HD movies with a total of $0.00. Why did they ship me my two free movies without checking my credit card information first and why do I have no outstanding orders? What would you do in this situation?
If you're not showing a balance due, I would let it go and wait for the next CH B1G1 code to come along if you still want them.
Old 04-23-08, 09:26 AM
Cool New Member

Huh?

Originally Posted by crapkilla
If you're not showing a balance due, I would let it go and wait for the next CH B1G1 code to come along if you still want them.
Whatever happened to honesty in this country? You got your free ones, you should pay for the others.
Old 04-23-08, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by cccheel
Whatever happened to honesty in this country? You got your free ones, you should pay for the others.
Paying now would only give a credit to his account. Thusly, giving more free dvds. Honesty has nothing to do with it.
Old 04-23-08, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by cccheel
Seriously, the CH rep would have no idea what you're talking about and you'd end up with a credit at best or a totally F-ed up account.
Old 04-23-08, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
Trying to do the right thing in this case would probably become a textbook example of no good deed going unpunished. CH reps can barely feed themselves, let alone comprehend the "complexities" of your situation. Best to leave it alone. You could unecessarily sign up with a crappy enrollment code on your next membership if it helps keep your conscience clear.