DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Need Help! Columbia House Is Trying To Scam Me! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/524553-need-help-columbia-house-trying-scam-me.html)

awlez18 02-06-08 10:48 PM

Need Help! Columbia House Is Trying To Scam Me!

First off I've had have a good 15 accounts already and know how the system works but ive never been in a dilemma like this. I have received an intro packaged that I've never ordered and get this its just one movie for $10 and the obligation is I have to buy 4 more in the next two years (WHAT A STEAL!!). Does anyone have any advice that can help me get out of this situation? (I would have used questions thread but couldnt find it).

Xbox69 02-07-08 02:49 AM

Are you sure they didn't include some stamps where you select 5 (or 6) more titles? I recall a couple of years ago I accepted a phone offer. I was to select 1 title and choose the others after I received my "introductory" 1. They shipped FREE also for no additional cost.

It sounds like you got your $9.95 selection first. You could probably just send it back if that's not the case. It might just be some kind of mis-communication on their end.

Peep 02-07-08 11:16 AM

Have you tried calling them and sorting it out. That's always my first piece of advice. And it almost always works.

orion1998_1 02-14-08 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Peep
Have you tried calling them and sorting it out. That's always my first piece of advice. And it almost always works.

i need a number so i can talk to someone, im having a lot of trouble, emil only changes the trouble around

bigjim25 02-14-08 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by orion1998_1
i need a number so i can talk to someone

1-800-667-0364 is the one I use, also 1-800-262-2001

Legolas 02-14-08 04:45 PM

Sometimes talking to them makes things worse. They told me they couldn't process my order because my credit card (which is never maxed) wouldn't accept the charge, even though they used that same credit card to charge me for the introduction package a few days before. I tell them that there's nothing wrong with the credit card, so what does the CSR do? He re-orders my order so now I have two! I complain that they duplicated my order, so they make another duplicate order and charge me for all three! They wouldn't even cancel them and told me I had to wait for them to arrive and then return them. And when I returned two of those duplicate orders, they closed my account for returning too many orders.

bigjim25 02-14-08 05:02 PM

:wtf: Legolas, are you kidding me. That's messed up closing your account because of their stupidity.

Legolas 02-14-08 05:46 PM

It really happened. I kept all the e-mails and invoices too. In fact, if you do a search, I've told this story before on this site.