DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Has this ever happened to anyone? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/522632-has-ever-happened-anyone.html)

fashionvictim86 01-14-08 10:22 PM

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Ok, so I haven't exactly been in a good girl with one of my Columbia House accounts. I had a balance of $62.09 on my account since August. I was strapped for cash, so I didn't get to it until now. I paid $25.09 on 12/18 with the intention of paying the $37 balance in the next 2 weeks when I got my paycheck. Well, I went in today to pay the $37 balance, and now it says the balance is $83! What's the deal with that? And that INCLUDES the previous $25.09 payment I made! I e-mailed them but of course, no response yet. Anyone else have a similar experience? Even if the late fee is $3/month, it still wouldn't add up to $83......

Peep 01-14-08 10:37 PM

Maybe they fined you for starting badly titled topics.

fashionvictim86 01-14-08 10:39 PM

^ The reason why I don't start topics here very often.

Sweet Baby James 01-14-08 10:41 PM

The $25 is the vig. You still owe the nut.-wink-

bobert3 01-14-08 10:52 PM

I've had the late fee thing, but that was only $3. You might want to call them since you're not getting a response via email.

Xbox69 01-15-08 03:48 AM

Have you checked your 'Order History'? They may have added a Director's Selection that you failed to decline or perhaps you did DECLINE but still, things like this happen at CH.

It may have shipped to you whereas you should just 'Refused: Return to Sender' it right back to them.

fashionvictim86 01-15-08 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Xbox69
Have you checked your 'Order History'? They may have added a Director's Selection that you failed to decline or perhaps you did DECLINE but still, things like this happen at CH.

It may have shipped to you whereas you should just 'Refused: Return to Sender' it right back to them.

I checked the order history and there was nothing sent out on my account since my last order. I thought exactly the same thing.

bigjim25 01-15-08 10:55 AM

From Columbia House website: Late charges to the extent permitted by law will be applied to bills not paid within 30 days and for each 30-day period thereafter for up to three such periods. We reserve the right to require prepayment of members whose accounts are not in good standing.
Maybe they charge more than $3 a month now.

Peep 01-15-08 06:20 PM

Just call them (as suggested yesterday).

Adiras 01-15-08 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by fashionvictim86
^ The reason why I don't start topics here very often.

Because you're bad at titling them? -ptth-

MrShackleford 01-15-08 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Adiras

Or maybe because douche bags nitpick too much.

fashionvictim86 01-15-08 11:06 PM

I finally got a response from them. They are charging me $19.95 per DVD for 2 DVDs I didn't order yet. Such as they are charging me like I actually closed account and didn't fullfill my commitment.

Originally Posted by Adiras

No, because I know people on this forum like to spam and be assholes to others.

Peep 01-16-08 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by fashionvictim86
No, because I know people on this forum like to spam and be assholes to others.

There are plenty of people here who obey the rules and don't launch personal attacks against other members.