DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Don't forget to use your Funcash by today 12/31

Old 12-31-07, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Don't forget to use your Funcash by today 12/31

Just a reminder to anyone who still has funcash left to not forget to use it by midnight tonight.
Old 01-16-08, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Even though I've been cycling memberships for eight years, I didn't realize that FC expired, FOR GOOD, on 12/31 of a given year. I just assumed that you couldn't use it until the next redemption period.

So, turns out I lost $115 in FC. Ah well.

Don't suppose anyone has had luck requesting reinstatement?
Old 01-16-08, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by drh4
Even though I've been cycling memberships for eight years, I didn't realize that FC expired, FOR GOOD, on 12/31 of a given year. I just assumed that you couldn't use it until the next redemption period.

So, turns out I lost $115 in FC. Ah well.

Don't suppose anyone has had luck requesting reinstatement?
I got them to put back $5 last year that I "lost" due to the way CH handles FC when placing a FC order. I attempted to use it the last day but it was unavailable due to a previous FC order. It was put back in a "good will" gesture. It never hurts to ask. Worse case scenario is they will not reinstate any of it so you really don't have anything to lose by asking.
Old 01-18-08, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I tried today, and was quickly and firmly shot down by a CSR. So much for that account, and I'll be more careful next time.
Old 01-18-08, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by drh4
I tried today, and was quickly and firmly shot down by a CSR. So much for that account, and I'll be more careful next time.
That really sucks. Well, you aren't alone. I forgot about the 12/31 rule and didn't use mine either. But I only had like $20... Well, the "value" of the $115 wasn't that much, anyway. Think of it as five $22.99 enrollment titles that you could have had for free. And since the net cost of enrollment titles is under five bucks usually, you really only lost $25 in actual money. That doesn't sound as bad...
Old 01-18-08, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Couldn't hurt to try again a few more times.

Different CSR's = different results. I got a CSR to let me combine funcash from different accounts a while back.