DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

What are the cheapest DVDs at CH

Old 10-28-07, 03:23 AM
Suspended

What are the cheapest DVDs at CH

I have 6 dollars in funcash and would like to know what the lowest price is on CH DVDs.I have seen $9.99,.Any lower?
For instance,if they have some that are $7.99,than I could get one for a total of $3.98.
Of course,if it's something I can pick up for $4-$5 at Walmart or Target,than I won't bother.
Old 10-28-07, 08:00 AM

They just had a $4.99 sale. Don't know if it's still going on though. That's probably the cheapest I've seen with them.
Old 10-28-07, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

There are 7.95 titles, they used to have a link to them, but it doesn't look like they do anymore. A couple examples I can think of are Rain Man and Garbage Pail Kids Movie.
Old 10-28-07, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

read this thread: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=467827

otherwise it's not worth using.
Old 10-28-07, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by ESG927
They just had a $4.99 sale. Don't know if it's still going on though. That's probably the cheapest I've seen with them.

That wouldn't work anyway. Titles were $4.99 after a regular price purchase. Funcash is always applied to regular prices, not sale prices.
Old 10-28-07, 09:00 AM

I don't think $6 is worth using. I think the cheapest title you'll find is $7.95, so even if you find one you want, it'll cost about $4.94 with shipping, about the same price as a bargain bin title. Like already mentioned, Rain Man is one of those cheapies.

There are however other cheap "boxset" titles that you could also get for around $10, like Ghostbusters 2-pack.
Old 10-29-07, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by basaro
That wouldn't work anyway. Titles were $4.99 after a regular price purchase. Funcash is always applied to regular prices, not sale prices.
oh yeah, you're right. Sorry. Forgot about that regular price thing.

If I use my FunCash I use it on TV box sets -- take $10 off. Beats DD 20% off prices by just a little bit (on like $27.xx sets and such.).
Old 10-29-07, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by basaro
I don't think $6 is worth using. I think the cheapest title you'll find is $7.95, so even if you find one you want, it'll cost about $4.94 with shipping, about the same price as a bargain bin title. Like already mentioned, Rain Man is one of those cheapies.

There are however other cheap "boxset" titles that you could also get for around $10, like Ghostbusters 2-pack.
Mostly, I agree with this comment. It's very difficult to find something worth using "only" $6 FC on. The best choices are some of the lower priced "Special Price" selections. There are a *few* with prices around $11.95 that would be a few dollars cheeper than DD during a 20% off sale. Other than that... almost everything else is less expensive anywhere else. Depending on how you value your time it's probably not even worth looking for these titles. Makes you wish the data miner was still being updated.