Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Hamlet Criterion from Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-07, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hamlet Criterion from Columbia House

Has anyone received a copy recently? I chose it as the "Free" title in a b1g1 order I placed on 9/6 and in my order history it is still listed as "Awaiting Stock." (I have received the other item from that order already)
1. Does this mean CH is out of it? (this is what I get for delaying choosing it as my free title for so long)

2. Do I have any recourse in getting them to honor the b1g1 in order to pick a replacement title?

This is really annoying b/c I want to close this account and open another, but cannot until this is resolved.
Old 09-25-07, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I got it as a B1G1 in June.
Old 10-11-07, 11:20 AM

I had the same problem with Grave of the Fireflies, which I chose as a free title with purchase of a box set. It is OOP, OOS, and gone from the catalog. I called them, told them the conditions of my order -- B1G1 plus 50% off and free shipping for ordering 3 or more. They argued a bit about which titles would be elegible for the free selection, but they finally sent me Citizen Kane CE at no charge with free shipping.

Just know your facts and stand your ground when you call them. Or you can do it via email to customer service. If you know you're right, demand what you are entitled to under their agreement.
Old 10-11-07, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Finally resolved (i hope), I called them and got a CR who had me place a new order for the title, which I got charged full price for and then one day later I was refunded the ammount, only having me pay for tax and shipping. (this was not a free shipping b1g1 order). Surprisingly painless, especially after the nightmare I was expecting as I dialed the phone. Will edit post when I actually have the dvd in my hand to confirm that the title is not out of stock.