DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Flash Gordon: What in the heck? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/511238-flash-gordon-what-heck.html)

Sex Fiend 09-06-07 10:28 PM

Flash Gordon: What in the heck?

Does anyone know what the deal is with Columbia House and the new Flash Gordon release? It was never available as a pre-order, but became available on CH's website on release day (August 8) as sometimes happens. Even though I planned to purchase it in-store locally, I was coincidentally placing an order with CH that day anyway, so I decided just to add it in with my order, even though it cost a bit more than most B&M's had it during release week.

Anyway, it immediately went on back order and has been on back order ever since (almost a month now), at least according to my account summary and the other order invoices I have received from CH in the intervening time.

I cannot understand why the heck it is taking CH forever to ship it. I have seen tons of copies of it at just about every store I go to, so it's not an unavailable title in a general sense. And I know they didn't have to fulfill any pre-orders, since they never offered it as a pre-order.

So where the hell is their damn inventory of this title? I can see waiting a week or so for backordered inventory, but this is ridiculous. Has anyone else ordered this from Columbia House and actually received their copy yet?

Zuvembieman 09-07-07 06:24 PM

I've had the same problem with the Flash Gordon DVD. I'm a little reluctant to think they will eventually ship it since every time I get a notice for something being on back order/out of stock I get an eventual cancellation notice. It would be especially ridiculous since this is a widely available new release. Worst of all, it was the free selection in my order.

Sex Fiend 09-07-07 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Zuvembieman
I've had the same problem with the Flash Gordon DVD. I'm a little reluctant to think they will eventually ship it since every time I get a notice for something being on back order/out of stock I get an eventual cancellation notice. It would be especially ridiculous since this is a widely available new release. Worst of all, it was the free selection in my order.

Well, here is an update you might be happy to hear, Z-man. I called CH Customer Service today, and the rep I spoke to said that my order was "processed" on 8/30, so I should be receiving my copy shortly. I later checked my account status on the website and it hasn't been updated in any way to reflect that, but then again, CH is pretty sloppy about keeping the website info up-to-date.

Anyway, presumably this means they finally got in their inventory. So hopefully, all of us (or the couple of us, anyway) who did order this from CH will be receiving it by sometime next week (knock on wood!).

Zuvembieman 09-08-07 11:59 AM

Thanks for the update. Fingers are crossed.

Zuvembieman 09-10-07 04:14 PM

"Flash Gordon" arrived in the mail today. I'll probably get the shipping notice from CH in a day or two.