DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Questions regarding CH.com FUNCASH

Old 08-29-07, 08:55 PM

Questions regarding CH.com FUNCASH

I have about 20 bucks in funcash and I'm a little confused.

Lets say I want 'Brotherhood' Season 1 (3 Discs)...How much off will the funcash get me?

Lets say I want a film set such as the 3 disc American Pie pack...How much off will the funcash get me?

I'm really confused about multi-disc sets and how much off I can get on TV Seasons and multi-disc movie sets.

I've tried talking to CH.com but it's taking forever.

Thanks for the help!

Old 08-29-07, 09:06 PM

Should be $10max for multi-disc and TV sets. Once you add something to your FunCash cart (do you know how to do that? I was confused the first time!) you'll see how much you can apply per item.

To Activate your FunCash Cart, click on the green FunCash link in the upper right hand corner. In the center of the page, under How It Works (I think) there will be a link to click that says Activate FunCash Cart. I'm trying to see exactly how it works, but I just spent my FunCash so it's not letting me do it!

Once it's activated, you can add a DVD to either your FunCash cart or the regular one. At CheckOut you specify, up to the maximum allowed, how much is applied to each item. You don't have to apply the max, it can be less.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-30-07, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Couple more things I wanted to point out. First of all, CH.com is different than regular columbia house, I'm not sure which one you are referring to, but funcash applies to both the same. Next, in case you didn't know, anything that is listed as a 'Special price' counts as a set, and those are the ones that you can only apply so much funcash to. And it's not limited to $10 overall, it depends on how much the set is. Here's the list from ch.com (how much the set costs and how much funcash can be applies to that set):
$39.99 or less $10 FunCash
$40 - $59.99 $20 FunCash
$60 - $89.99 $30 FunCash
$90 - $149.99 $40 FunCash
$150 - $199.99 $50 FunCash
$200+ $60 FunCash
Old 08-30-07, 06:41 AM

For me, using FunCash on the CH site has never ever worked... it always changes the items to full price. You have to call it in to get the proper discount.
Old 08-30-07, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Regular DVDs purchased with funcash are supposed to be full price. That's what makes funcash such a poor deal.

But "Special" priced items, such as sets, can be purchased at the special price, so a couple of years ago Columbia House limited the amount of funcash you could use. Before that we used to be able to pay for the entire special price of sets with funcash.
Old 08-30-07, 10:25 AM

But "Special" priced items, such as sets, can be purchased at the special price, so a couple of years ago Columbia House limited the amount of funcash you could use. Before that we used to be able to pay for the entire special price of sets with funcash.
Yes, but even after that change, whenever I put special prices items in my Funcash cart on CH, they show up as regular price. Maybe it's just me. I've never really felt like devoting the time to getting CH to fix it permanently. I just phone in my rare Funcash orders.
Old 08-31-07, 10:05 AM

I've had "special" prices work with FunCash. In fact I just ordered, Heroes S1 using FunCash. List is $59.99 but Columbia House's "Special" price is $35.97. I applied the max. $10, but with shipping/tax added back in, the Grand Total was $36.00.

It worked, and while not a GREAT deal, it wasn't a bad one.
Old 08-31-07, 11:16 AM
Banned

I find that using funcash on some of the cheaper already reduced box sets turns out to be a pretty good deal like some of the other posters.
Like Darkman Trilogy; $11.97 -$10 in funcash + 2.99 S+H=$4.96
or
Peter Jacksons King Kong Production Diaries (Limited Edition); $13.77-$10 in funcash + 2.99 S+H=$6.76
Old 08-31-07, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, all you gotta do is log into your account, activate your funcash, and add some stuff to your funcash cart. You'll be able to see what amount of funcash you'll be able to apply to each item, and the total cost.

I always leave a bunch of stuff in my funcash cart, and check back periodically for the occasional glitch when certain sale items are showing up in the funcash cart on sale too. Those are the best funcash bargains.
Old 08-31-07, 04:41 PM

Any other suggestions for using $10 of funcash? Right now I'm leaning towards the 3 disc release of the Maltese Falcon but it seems like I can get a better value.
Old 08-31-07, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rendle
Any other suggestions for using $10 of funcash? Right now I'm leaning towards the 3 disc release of the Maltese Falcon but it seems like I can get a better value.
you could get something like the beverly hills cop trilogy or naked gun trilogy...those run around $14 i think.
Old 08-31-07, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I usually use DD as a general guide as to whether or not I am getting a "good deal" with Funcash. I also take into consideration the price from DD during a bi-annual 20% off sale. Frequently, what I think is a "good deal" is not so good after a comparison. Most of the time I wait for a FC "glitch" and jump on it or look for those "special price" selections that fall under the fulfillment threshold.
Old 08-31-07, 06:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rendle
The 3-disk panic room and the 3-disk Black Hawk Down are $14.97 and you can use $10 of funcash on them. so shipped they would be under $10 each.
Also any Universal trilogy of franchise collection that is about $12.00 would be a good deal. examples: Fast & the Furious, Riddick Trilogy, Final Destination 1/2, etc...
Old 09-01-07, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Chucky
For me, using FunCash on the CH site has never ever worked... it always changes the items to full price. You have to call it in to get the proper discount.
There's a difference between "special" and "sale" prices. In general, the prices listed as "sale" reflect the default sale code-- now buy one, get unlimited for 60% off. These prices will not show up in your funcash cart.

Special prices, such as the current boxed set prices, generally do.
Old 09-01-07, 09:06 PM

I can never get the club prices to show up in my funcash cart. I always have to order over the phone.
Old 09-01-07, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by ESG927
I've had "special" prices work with FunCash. In fact I just ordered, Heroes S1 using FunCash. List is $59.99 but Columbia House's "Special" price is $35.97. I applied the max. $10, but with shipping/tax added back in, the Grand Total was $36.00.

It worked, and while not a GREAT deal, it wasn't a bad one.
If you are charged shipping, you aren't ordering from ch.com
Old 09-04-07, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by gjamesm
If you are charged shipping, you aren't ordering from ch.com
I know, it's ColumbiaHouse.com. Didn't think I ever said I was ordering from ch.com.
Old 09-04-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ESG927
I know, it's ColumbiaHouse.com. Didn't think I ever said I was ordering from ch.com.
But you posted in a thread about funcash at ch.com.