Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Am I understanding this whole CH thing right?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-07, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. I've read all of the FAQ and CH newbie info here, and I'm very sorry to put another post like this on an already crowded forum, but I want to make sure I understand this whole Columbia House thing correctly.....

If I sign up and get accepted using my credit card and 98W code online, I can purchase six $of the eligible .49 titles for under $3, then add another 7th onto that for 9.95, and then after a few weeks, I simply have to buy two more titles (or three depending on the code you use) within the next two years at 19.95 or more?

It sounds like a deal too good to be true, and from what I've read you can cancel your account right after you've bought those two 19.95 titles, correct?

Am I understanding all of this correctly? If so, I've got some shopping to do because 9 DVD's for under $50 is a great deal.

EDIT: Hell, I just saw the 'ask your questions here' post. I sincerely apologize, MOD feel free to delete. Again, I apologize.
Old 08-10-07, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can delete your own post, you know.
Old 08-10-07, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by StephenX
Hey guys. I've read all of the FAQ and CH newbie info here, and I'm very sorry to put another post like this on an already crowded forum, but I want to make sure I understand this whole Columbia House thing correctly.....

If I sign up and get accepted using my credit card and 98W code online, I can purchase six $of the eligible .49 titles for under $3, then add another 7th onto that for 9.95, and then after a few weeks, I simply have to buy two more titles (or three depending on the code you use) within the next two years at 19.95 or more?

It sounds like a deal too good to be true, and from what I've read you can cancel your account right after you've bought those two 19.95 titles, correct?

Am I understanding all of this correctly? If so, I've got some shopping to do because 9 DVD's for under $50 is a great deal.

EDIT: Hell, I just saw the 'ask your questions here' post. I sincerely apologize, MOD feel free to delete. Again, I apologize.
actually not quite 100% correct. Cause when you buy your 2 dvds for $19.95 you can use buy one get 1 free codes. So technically you get 11 dvds (not 9) for $60 or so inlcuding tax.
Old 08-10-07, 10:18 AM

Yes, you understand correctly. And do use the buy one, get one codes to fulfill your account. Just take note on checkout that the one you pay for will count as one item on fulfilling your contract. Then get a free one. Then buy another one, which will count as your second item to completely fulfill your committment, and get yet another free CD.

When you've received the DVDs, and paid, then cancel the account. Easy as pie.

It is not too good to be true. It's just that most people joining the club are not careful about using the best strategies to get the best deal.

Just study the forum, you will find all the tips you need to get top DVDs at an average of under $6 each, sometimes even under $5 each, including shipping. Hopefully you live in a state where you won't even have to pay tax.