Questions about Columbia House? Ask them here, Part II

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Questions about Columbia House? Ask them here, Part II

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-07, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, question here. Right now I have 1 account under my name open, 1 under my husbands. I applied via phone on the 8th, wasn't sure if it was approved so I applied under my husbands and was approved quickly. So that's 3 accounts for one address. I read above that they will blacklist if there are more than 2 accounts per address. So it's possible I may be blacklisted? Fairly new to cycling.
Old 08-15-07, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

^That is possible, yes. But you are under two different names, so you may be ok.
But, it is not worth getting blacklisted, so do not risk it!
Who needs more than 2 accounts? Nobody. Right now, you're still not even sure if the other account wasn't approved, so you could have 4, yikes!

Apply/Fulfill/Cancel/Repeat. If you keep up with that you'll never need more than 2 accounts.

To be safe, you should wait up to 2 weeks before assuming an account is not approved. A quicker and easier way to tell if you are approved is using a credit card for payment. That way you can check your credit card statement online(assuming you can do this, who can't nowadays?), and see if the charges show up.
You should see a temp charge within a day or two of applying and then within a week the real charge should be there. If neither of these charges show up in a week, your account was probably not accepted, and it should be safe to re-apply.
Old 08-15-07, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

^ That being said, I always apply on the phone, I have 100% percent success rate in the past two years, I don't even have to check if I get approved anymore. I have never been denied. Online applications are unpredictable, I stopped doing those a few years ago.
Old 08-15-07, 08:28 AM

You can have 2 regular Columbia house and 2 TV Edition columbia house open at the same time, in your case I would think you would just get a letter saying you already have 2 accounts open and asking why you might need a third.
Old 08-15-07, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lizard
I haven't been paying much attention to the Fox/MGM thing. What are examples of Fox re-issued titles?

Columbia House carries the recent release of Stargate SG-1, Season 10, which is an MGM title. Other recent MGM re-releases that CH carries include The Princess Bride: 20th Annivesary Edition, Species Collector's Edition, Species: The Awakening (Unrated), Cruising Deluxe Edition, Robocop 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition, Invasion of the Body Snatchers Collector's Edition, and Back to School: Extra Curricular Edition.

Does that help?
Thanks. SOme of those are definately Fox/MGM.
Old 08-15-07, 11:50 AM

I don't plan on opening anymore. Was a tad impatient that's why I applied with my husbands name. So in actuality I have 3 open accounts. Will be canceling one soon as they ship a pre-order on the 28th.
Old 08-15-07, 01:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Maybe I am just lucky or maybe they have gotten better lately, because all the preorders that I even did months in advance I recieved them the day they were released.
Old 08-15-07, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Noobie question: I'm thinking about signing up and when you go to the selection screen, on the right is where the DVDs you select get filled in. Well, on that side is 5 slots for the $0.49 selections followed by one more for $14.95 and then another that says something about $9.95.

I've tried several of the codes and it always goes to this page. Do I need to be signed up for the 7:2 deal or am I just reading the thing wrong and will get that deal?
Old 08-15-07, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Noobie question: I'm thinking about signing up and when you go to the selection screen, on the right is where the DVDs you select get filled in. Well, on that side is 5 slots for the $0.49 selections followed by one more for $14.95 and then another that says something about $9.95.

I've tried several of the codes and it always goes to this page. Do I need to be signed up for the 7:2 deal or am I just reading the thing wrong and will get that deal?
Try clearing your cookies then put in one of the codes. The site has a tendency to get "stuck" on the default offer.
Old 08-15-07, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
Try clearing your cookies then put in one of the codes. The site has a tendency to get "stuck" on the default offer.
Thanks smash, finally worked
Old 08-15-07, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Thanks smash, finally worked

haha i see my comment got you interested

you won't regret it.
Old 08-15-07, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
haha i see my comment got you interested

you won't regret it.
I'm thinking about it, though I'm having trouble coming up with even 6 to buy right now...
Old 08-15-07, 10:04 PM

Unlike the TV edition you can search for more titles to see if they are available as enrollements, there are quite a few and you can always consider some as gifts for friends or family.
Old 08-16-07, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I'm writing a list now and might sign up next week.
Old 08-16-07, 06:41 AM

Does anyone know if Columbia House will have Route 66 when it becomes available in October? I'm not sure what company owns the show but I know CH sells a lot of the classic tv shows.
Old 08-16-07, 07:39 AM

^^^^^It's being distributed by Infinity, which is also the parent company of DeepDiscount and DVDPlanet, so I would doubt CH would get it. Should be pretty cheap at those other retailers, though. Great show!
Old 08-16-07, 10:29 AM

Well I pre-ordered it from DeepDiscount but I was thinking of getting another copy as a gift if I liked the show and I thought maybe I'd get through CH if they had it, but that's ok. I have heard nothing but good reviews about this show and I do like Martin Milner so I'm pretty sure I'll like it too, and at just under $20 I don't mind chancing it.
Old 08-16-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Will CH ever get the Brady bunch boxset with all five seasons?

And if I get a DVD at 35.95, how many does that count towards my commitment?
Old 08-16-07, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jedi Master 33
And if I get a DVD at 35.95, how many does that count towards my commitment?
Old 08-16-07, 01:58 PM

Somebody remind me again, do Pre-Orders count to fulfill unfulfilled accounts?

I have two fulfilled accounts -- one regular DVD, one TV. I'm thinking of redeeming my TV acct. FunCash, closing out the TV one, and opening a new one. I don't buy too many movies but I could use Shrek the Third to help fulfill the new TV account. Heros S1, I might use that too to fulfill a new account, although I realize I could get a better price somewhere else.
Old 08-16-07, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ESG927
Somebody remind me again, do Pre-Orders count to fulfill unfulfilled accounts?

I have two fulfilled accounts -- one regular DVD, one TV. I'm thinking of redeeming my TV acct. FunCash, closing out the TV one, and opening a new one. I don't buy too many movies but I could use Shrek the Third to help fulfill the new TV account. Heros S1, I might use that too to fulfill a new account, although I realize I could get a better price somewhere else.
Yes, pre-orders do count as fulfillment titles(as long as they are $19.95 or higher). They will also count as a fulfillment on a TV account. You do not have to buy a TV box set to fulfill a TV account. As long as the title is $19.95 or higher, it will count as 1 towards fulfillment.
Old 08-16-07, 02:13 PM

Pre-orders count providing they are at least $19.95, but not if you use funcash.
Old 08-16-07, 02:14 PM

Thanks, SBJ, I knew you'd answer it for me! Guess I'll go ahead and use my FunCash now and decide which new TV titles to order (hmmmm, gotta check out the enrollment codes. . .). I'll definitely use Shrek the Third as a fulfillment.
Old 08-16-07, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kind of an off topic CH question, but does anyone else get that old columbiahouse jingle stuck in their head? It happens to me all the time, it's something like "Columbiahouse, explore and you'll find...." very irritating.
Old 08-16-07, 09:27 PM

Is it looking like the new release of Serenity will be available at columbia house, or will it most likely be overlooked and they'll just stick to the older editions?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.