Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Will CH DVD Club offer "Death Proof" (streets on 9/18)?

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 08-01-07, 02:58 PM

Will CH offer "Death Proof," which now has a DVD street date of 9/18? Does CH even carry any Weinstein Company titles?

Here's the scoop, according to the Digital Bits: "Genius Products and The Weinstein Company have announced the DVD release of both Grindhouse films. Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof hits DVD on 9/18 (SRP $29.95) as a 2-disc unrated and extended edition, nearly 30 minutes longer than the theatrical cut. Extras are set to include 5 featurettes (Finding Quentin's Gals, The Guys of Death Proof, Kurt Russell as Stuntman Mike, Introducing Zoe Bell and Quentin's Greatest Collaborator: Editor Sally Menke), along with an international poster gallery and the trailer for Double Dare. Robert Rodriguez's Planet Terror will follow on 10/16 (SRP $29.95). Extras are subject to change, but look for a 2-disc unrated and extended edition as well, containing "the missing reel" along with audio commentary by Rodriguez, deleted scenes, The Badass Babes of Planet Terror featurette and more."
Old 08-01-07, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^ Not sure, but either way I'll be grabbing up the best exclusive set, I believe Best Buy will have exclusive steelbooks.
Old 08-01-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

CH does carry Weinstein titles, so they probably will get this, but there's no way to tell. Just have to wait and see.
Old 08-01-07, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hmm, I would have to pick up the steelbooks also if that comes true. I bet those will sell out fast...
Old 08-01-07, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i'm pretty sure they'll carry it (since they seem to carry all the movies they feature in their "at the box office" section...and i remember it being there) but i'll be getting the steelbook version as well.
Old 08-21-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Death Proof is indeed available at CH. Pre-order price is $22.95 with a release date of 9/18. This will make for a great freebie as part of a BOGO order that includes an HD title.