DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Where is Red Dawn CE? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/507002-where-red-dawn-ce.html)

Copper Blue 07-21-07 08:09 AM

Where is Red Dawn CE?

CH doesn't have the new CE, just the old one. They carry all MGM don't they?

basaro 07-21-07 08:30 AM

They stock MGM yes, but CH doesn't carry every title. They just might not get this or it will show up later... :shrug:

Dane Marvin 07-21-07 10:44 AM

They get most of the brand new releases that MGM has, but some of the re-issues fall by the wayside. I would have pre-ordered this if they had bothered to stock it.

bberburb 07-21-07 10:49 PM

Where is Red Dawn CE?

Within the past few months all MGM titles and reissues are no longer be distributed you Columbia Pictures...the are now being distributed by Fox. The House does not carry FOX titles so as a result they will not be carrying the new MGM titles. The only MGM that the House carrys are those that are left from the MGM / Columbia days. Once they go out of print they will be gone.

Hope this helps.

Dane Marvin 07-22-07 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by bberburb
Within the past few months all MGM titles and reissues are no longer be distributed you Columbia Pictures...the are now being distributed by Fox. The House does not carry FOX titles so as a result they will not be carrying the new MGM titles. The only MGM that the House carrys are those that are left from the MGM / Columbia days. Once they go out of print they will be gone.

Hope this helps.

Where did you hear this from?

Doc Moonlight 07-22-07 09:11 AM

On the other hand, CH could negotiate a contract with Fox, let's hope this happens.

basaro 07-22-07 09:21 PM

Hope this helps.

OK, so how come they have/or are getting these MGM titles?
The Adventures Of Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert (Extra Frills Edition) 4681508
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1978 Collector's Edition) 4711008
Back to School (Extra-Curricular Edition) 4719001
Robocop (20th Anniversary Collector's Edition) 4711107

bberburb 07-23-07 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by basaro
OK, so how come they have/or are getting these MGM titles?
The Adventures Of Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert (Extra Frills Edition) 4681508
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1978 Collector's Edition) 4711008
Back to School (Extra-Curricular Edition) 4719001
Robocop (20th Anniversary Collector's Edition) 4711107

It was announced more than a year ago and that it would be a graduall phase in.

see http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6339508.html

Last month I contacted The House to inquire about the availability of the Leone separate releases. I was informed that they would not be carrying the individual release but would be carrying a "limited" supply of the box sets.

Interestingly enough both Priscilla and Invasion were both originally on tap for late last year and were delayed.

basaro 07-23-07 09:46 PM

^
I think most of us know about the distribution change, but up to this point it still seems to be quite random. None of this info is helping determine what they will or will not carry unless you know of some way to determine that other than waiting to see?

shadow32 07-23-07 11:07 PM

Hope this helps.

Stargate SG1 season 9 and SG Atlantis S2 &3 are distributed by Fox but CH still carries them. So I don't think we can assume anything.

lizard 07-24-07 10:38 AM

News reports I have read suggest that MGM still has final say over when and how its titles are released. They haven't been "sold" to Fox. Fox is just acting as distributor at the behest of MGM.

Thus, it isn't surprising that Columbia House continues to offer MGM titles.