DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Any luck getting slipcases from CH? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/506864-any-luck-getting-slipcases-ch.html)

tnfsgag 07-19-07 04:13 PM

Any luck getting slipcases from CH?

I recently ordered Ghost Rider Extended Cut. It didn't come with the slipcase. Now I just ordered Monster Squad and 300. Any luck getting New Releases with their slipcases??? :D

smashthesymbols 07-19-07 04:33 PM

It seems to be completely random. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. I'm pretty sure I've seen in other threads some people say they got title X with a slipcover while other people who ordered title X didn't get a slipcover. It kinda sucks, but I guess we have to deal with it since we're getting the movies for nothing.

Dane Marvin 07-19-07 06:55 PM

Seems to be 50/50. Unless the title came out a long time ago, then your odds are lower. Here's some of my slipcover success:

The Frighteners DC (no slipcover, but it's been out for a while)
Field of Dreams SE (no slipcover, same as above)
Flags of Our Fathers (slipcover)
Pan's Labyrinth SE (no slipcover)
Silence of the Lambs SE (slipcover)
Windtalkers DC (slipcover)

I really hope Monster Squad has a slipcover (if it's supposed to have one, that is).

basaro 07-19-07 10:42 PM

It varies. I agree, it's 50/50. Sometimes you get 'em, sometimes you don't. For less than $5 a title, who cares? And if you really want a slipcover there are ways to get them ;)

Emulator 07-20-07 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by basaro
It varies. I agree, it's 50/50. Sometimes you get 'em, sometimes you don't. For less than $5 a title, who cares? And if you really want a slipcover there are ways to get them ;)

Yes, purchase the DVD with slipcover, and return it without.

basaro 07-20-07 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Emulator

DING! DING! DING! DING! We have a winner ;) Someone else is using their head.

Sweet Baby James 07-20-07 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Emulator

I used to do this in my obsessive-compulsive days. I just don't think it's worth the effort anymore.

PopcornTreeCt 07-20-07 02:37 PM

I've always gotten the slipcover when I pre-ordered the title. Sometimes I wouldn't get a slipcover with enrollments but it's more like 75-25 I get one. :)

basaro 07-27-07 04:54 PM

Today I got some newer dvds:
Got a slipcover for Meatballs but not for Pan's Labyrinth 2-Disc.

fashionvictim86 07-28-07 01:16 PM

I got a slipcover for Monster Squad. I'm gonna order another copy for myself (the one before was for my boyfriend) so we'll see what luck I have. I like slipcovers because I think DVDs look nice with them, but my boyfriend doesn't care so I could always just steal his. :P

Dane Marvin 08-05-07 09:25 AM

Silence of the Lambs CE is no longer shipping with the slipcover it seems.

movieguru 08-06-07 07:54 AM

I preordered 23 unrated edition and never got the slipcover. Most of what I order never comes with slipcases. I assume CH throws them out to save on shipping; and if you get one with a slipcover they just forgot to take it off.

Dane Marvin 08-06-07 09:30 AM

^ It would cost them more in hourly wage time to pay their employees to take them off. Besides, I'm sure they have a bulk rate shipping contract with USPS that's a flat rate anyway. It just depends from title to title whether or not you're gonna get a slipcover. I get one over half the time now (though for older titles that had slipcovers, the success rate is lower because studios usually eventually stop manufacturing the slipcovers). Explain why I've gotten slipcovers on my 300, Monster Squad, and Flags of Our Fathers discs all within the last week if their practice is to throw them out to save on shipping.

Legolas 08-15-07 07:36 PM

My Fracture came today with a slipcover. Plus it was actually the widescreen version I ordered. Both surprised the hell out of me. Maybe the world is ending soon.

fashionvictim86 08-16-07 02:56 PM

Argh, I just got my copy of Monster Squad and it had no slipcover. :( It took them forever to ship it to me too.

Jedi Master 33 08-16-07 06:46 PM

I got 300 SE with a slipcover.

BambooLounge 08-17-07 03:54 PM

Just received Flags of Our Fathers 2-Disc with slipcover

Dane Marvin 08-17-07 04:52 PM

I received Invasion of the Body Snatchers CE with slipcover.
Anybody recently order 40 Yr Old Virgin: Double Your Pleasure Edition and get a slipcover?

SterlingBen 08-20-07 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by fashionvictim86
Argh, I just got my copy of Monster Squad and it had no slipcover. :(

ditto :mad:

Adrenaline 08-20-07 03:54 PM

I got Flags of Our Fathers with a slipcover on Saturday

michaema 08-20-07 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dane Marvin
Anybody recently order 40 Yr Old Virgin: Double Your Pleasure Edition and get a slipcover?

I ordered the 40 Yr Old Virgin about a while back and it did include the awesome shifting picture slip cover.

NC-36 08-20-07 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jedi Master 33
I got 300 SE with a slipcover.

So did I. My copy of the new Taxi Driver SE also came with that plastic half-slipcase thing on it as well.

chris_sc77 08-20-07 07:32 PM

I got a slipcover for 300: SE and Rio Bravo: SE but no slipcover for Monster Squad and Wizard of Oz: SE.

fashionvictim86 08-21-07 10:29 AM

Yeah I just got my 40 Year Old Virgin: Double Your Pleasure Edition yesterday and it had a slipcover.

Dane Marvin 08-21-07 09:49 PM

^ Cool, thanks!

Yesterday I got the "20 Million Miles to Earth" 2-disc CE and it had a slipcover! The only other place I saw that actually had this in stock was a Barnes & Noble and they didn't even have slipcovers on them. So definitely unexpected. Score one for CH!