DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Another "Pan's"-style goof - Ghost Rider ext. cut preordered, regular cut shipped (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/503567-another-pans-style-goof-ghost-rider-ext-cut-preordered-regular-cut-shipped.html)

NC-36 06-14-07 06:54 PM

Another "Pan's"-style goof - Ghost Rider ext. cut preordered, regular cut shipped

Yep, I preordered 2 copies of the extended edition from CH in seperate B1G1 shipments and both DVDs that arrived were the regular widescreen version. Even though the invoice clearly said "extended cut" and showed a price of $22.95 they sent the wrong ones.

Called CS, straightened it out (I hope), returned to sender, wait a couple of weeks, you know the drill. Check yours closely.

Dane Marvin 06-14-07 07:17 PM

Glad I didn't order this from CH. Kinda holding out on being able to trade someone for the Circuit City 3-disc Exclusive (don't have a CC store in my area).

Thanks for pointing this out just in case. Anyone else get the single-disc? bigjim25, I know you ordered a copy...

DVDMagic 06-14-07 07:21 PM

Well....guess I'll have to wait and see. I ordered 2 copies, 1 on each order as part of the BOGO. Guess we'll see what arrives. I got lucky with 'Pan's Labyrinth' screw-up - hopefully I'll get lucky again

bigjim25 06-14-07 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dane Marvin
Anyone else get the single-disc? bigjim25, I know you ordered a copy...

Spoiler:
Shit
Something told me I should've waited. I'll let you know.

ChefWinduAZ 06-14-07 11:31 PM

I had a feeling this was going to happen after the Pan's fiasco so I canceled my order last Monday.

zombeaner 06-15-07 12:50 AM

I actually got the right one this time.

DVDMagic 06-16-07 04:04 PM

Yup, mine arrived today minus the slip cover, but that's ok.

I did get a bonus though. I ordered 'Nightmares & Dreamscapes' to go with the deal and for some reason they also sent me 'Tales From The Crypt' Season as well. It's not even on my invoice, because at first I thought they had shipped the wrong title.

Looks like I got a bonus -smile-

Dane Marvin 06-17-07 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by DVDMagic

I did get a bonus though. I ordered 'Nightmares & Dreamscapes' to go with the deal and for some reason they also sent me 'Tales From The Crypt' Season as well. It's not even on my invoice, because at first I thought they had shipped the wrong title.

Wait, bigjim25 actually said he ordered that Tales from the Crypt to go along with his copy of Ghost Rider. Double "shit", Jim!

michaema 06-17-07 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by DVDMagic

I received the correct version too, but minus the slip cover as well. I wish it had it cause i love the way the art appears on them, but i guess i dont really have to have it. :)

dadaluholla 06-17-07 10:01 PM

I was planning on getting the 300 2-disc set from CH when it becomes available for pre-order, but with these mix-ups lately, I just don't know...

Dane Marvin 06-17-07 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I was planning on getting the 300 2-disc set from CH when it becomes available for pre-order, but with these mix-ups lately, I just don't know...

Really surprised they don't have it up yet since it will be a hot-selling DVD and they could me missing the boat right now. I don't plan on ordering from them anyway because 300 is sure to have some amazing store exclusives and I'll have to have one (or maybe even more than one).

dsa_shea 06-18-07 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla

Unless they will carry 300 on Blu-ray then fuck them. I'll pick that one up in the store and avoid the hassle.

DantheApe 06-20-07 01:50 PM

I recieved the right version sans slipcover. Not too terribly worried over the slip cover issue, ive grown to expect about a 50/50 chance from ch over the slipcovers.

bigjim25 06-20-07 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dane Marvin
Wait, bigjim25 actually said he ordered that Tales from the Crypt to go along with his copy of Ghost Rider. Double "shit", Jim!

Thankfully I got Tales from the Crypt S5 + 2 disc Ghost Rider without slip. I was worried there for awhile.