Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Did anyone else get the wrong edition of Pan's Labyrinth?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Did anyone else get the wrong edition of Pan's Labyrinth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-07, 06:37 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
How long does it take for them to give credit for a return? I have a delivery confirmation of my returned copy for May 21.
Old 05-30-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've experienced anywhere from 7 to 28 days after receipt of return per the Delivery Confirmation tracking.
Old 06-06-07, 11:46 AM

I ordered 5/29 and got the 2-disc version today without any problems. Looks like they fixed it for all new orders
Old 06-06-07, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Gfreaky
I ordered 5/29 and got the 2-disc version today without any problems. Looks like they fixed it for all new orders
Cool, thanks for the update. I'm off to place my order.
Old 06-06-07, 10:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I ordered on May 21, received the 2 disc set without a cardboard slipcase on June 2.
Old 06-09-07, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by g
How long does it take for them to give credit for a return? I have a delivery confirmation of my returned copy for May 21.
My return showed up on the website on 6/05 and I was credited the refund just now.
Old 06-09-07, 07:33 AM
bub

CH = incompetence

I've been 'messing' around with columbia house for well over 20 years now. Hell, I used to buy vinyl records from them. With all that experience, why can't ch do even the simplest thing right?

The sent me the single disc version of Pan's. I used their online 'returns & exchanges' form. I received an email telling me that the correct dvd along with a return shipping label would be sent to me. The wait begins...

Three weeks later, I receive a return shipping label in the mail. I box up the incorrect dvd and... the wait begins again...

Another month goes by and I never see the replacement dvd. I email ch with all the particulars and get an email response telling me that they are issuing a credit for the single disc version of Pan's. Absolutely no mention of the correct 2-disc replacement dvd. So, even after two attempts at telling them of the problem, they insist on treating it like a simple, 'customer wants to return a dvd he ordered wrong', issue.

I told them to cancel my account. I know that we all, 'signed up', for this abuse because of all the cheap/free dvd's but come on, how freaking hard can this stuff be? They must process literally thousands of returns/exchanges every month! Don't they have processes and procedures in place to monitor this sort of thing? Unbelievable!

The only saving grace is the fact that Pan's was ordered using a b1f1, so the other dvd I received, Running with Scissors, will be completely free.

Good luck everybody,
George -bub

PS So, is Pan's any good???
Old 06-09-07, 10:18 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by bub
the other dvd I received, Running with Scissors, will be completely free.

Yes, I heard they were giving that one away.

Old 06-09-07, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by bub
I received an email telling me that the correct dvd along with a return shipping label would be sent to me. The wait begins...

Three weeks later, I receive a return shipping label in the mail. I box up the incorrect dvd and... the wait begins again...

Another month goes by and I never see the replacement dvd.
Seeing as how the DVD was released only 3 1/2 weeks ago, I think you might be exaggerating your timetable a little. If you've been dealing with CH this long, you should know these things come with the territory. Even though I avoided this particular screw-up, I've had to deal with my share of them. They almost always turn out okay and to be honest, I'm kind of thankful when they happen, because it means Columbia House doesn't quite have it all together, which is a good thing.

Expecting them to be ultra-efficient with orders and shipping every time, but also remain sloppy when it comes to the many slack and nonsensical policies that allow us to get DVDs at less than $5 apiece (pricing errors, sharing offer codes, funcash glitches, allowing infinite accounts, etc.) is pretty unrealistic.

The only saving grace is the fact that Pan's was ordered using a b1f1, so the other dvd I received, Running with Scissors, will be completely free.
Case in point. If you got the credit for the return, *and* the free DVD, then just place another order for the 2-disc Pan's, get *another* free DVD with it, and basically end up with 3 for 1.

I'm not trying to be harsh towards you, but your complaint just seems short-sighted, especially from a CH veteran. I know it's frustrating waiting for a DVD you ordered a long time ago, but they made a mistake- it happens. Be thankful.
Old 06-11-07, 07:18 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Well said.
Old 06-12-07, 06:55 AM
bub

Well... yea.

Didn't mean to come off so unappreciative. I did say that I've been with CH a very long time so am fairly familiar with their foibles and I still find it very much worth the effort. I guess I became more irritated than usual because out of all the DVD releases for the last 6 months or so, Pan's was the one I was most intrigued by. The gall of CH to stub their toe on that particular title...

George -bub

We sometimes 'exaggerate' a bit to highlight our point, Pan's Labyrinth was released exactly 4 weeks ago today.
Old 06-18-07, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I never got a mailer to send them back the single disc so I shot them an e-mail to ask them to please send the mailer. They sent me a reply apologizing for sending me a defective disc and that they would send me a replacement. I had already received the correct 2-disc version. I never said it was defective (hell I never opened the single disc). Hopefully they're not sending me yet another copy. Anybody get a mailer?
Old 06-19-07, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by Subgeniusguy
I never got a mailer to send them back the single disc so I shot them an e-mail to ask them to please send the mailer. They sent me a reply apologizing for sending me a defective disc and that they would send me a replacement. I had already received the correct 2-disc version. I never said it was defective (hell I never opened the single disc). Hopefully they're not sending me yet another copy. Anybody get a mailer?
I just put the 1-disc copy back in the box and Elmers glued it back together. Then I wrote "Return to Sender" and dropped it in the mail.