Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Did anyone else get the wrong edition of Pan's Labyrinth?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Did anyone else get the wrong edition of Pan's Labyrinth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-07, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I received my $3.00 credit this morning, so now I only owe for what the regular version would have cost. I think sometimes the customer service people will just do whatever you tell them to do.
Old 05-21-07, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bigjim25
I ordered the one disc one because I didn't care about the bonus stuff.
They sent me the 2 disc one with a slipcover but no insert. Should I call them.
Spoiler:
I think not.
In point of fact, it would cost Columbia House much more to exchange the two disc version you received for the one disc, than it is worth to them. So, even if you did ask them about it they would likely tell you to keep it.

Last edited by lizard; 05-21-07 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-21-07, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my replacement today, but no slipcover.

I had to edit my previous post where I bragged on the helpfulness of my CSR, Stella. For three days I did not see a charge to my card for the replacement, but over the weekend, the $22.95 appeared. There was no pending charge, which was unusual. What made matters worse was that I didn't have $22.95 in this account, and now I have a negative balance.

I called CH this morning, and guess who my CSR was... Stella. She admitted that she may not have told me about the second charge, but she refused to take responsibility for it. I asked for a refund in hopes of avoiding an overdraft fee, but she refused. When I threatened to report this as an unauthorized charge, she became very rude and basically said "Go ahead and do it." I then asked to speak with her supervisor.

The supervisor, Susan, seemed to understand the problem and admitted that Stella should have told me about the new charge. Susan offered me two certificates for free DVDs, which I immediately used. She also assured me this would be reported to Stella's immediate supervisor. Yeah right.

I know it's their policy to charge for the replacement. I've had it happen before. In previous exchanges they have always told me about the new charge, and they even suggested using "Bill Me."

But at least I got two free DVD's out of it, and I avoided another Robin Hood: Prince of Theives multiple exchange disaster.
Old 05-21-07, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Roper
But at least I got two free DVD's out of it, and I avoided another Robin Hood: Prince of Theives multiple exchange disaster.
Not to hijack the thread, but that's the second mention I've seen in here about Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. I take it they had a similar problem when the special edition was released and it's since been taken care of? That's on my list for my next enrollment, but I don't want to deal with a bunch of problems.
Old 05-21-07, 04:34 PM
Suspended

seems like they are fixing this for me now but it's taking a few days

at least they finally sent my copy of Departed

and it WAS the 2-disc, and it had the slipcover... and it made it here in great shape.

*crosses fingers*
Old 05-21-07, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
Not to hijack the thread, but that's the second mention I've seen in here about Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. I take it they had a similar problem when the special edition was released and it's since been taken care of? That's on my list for my next enrollment, but I don't want to deal with a bunch of problems.
Nothing to worry about now. When it was first released, they sent out the old snapper version. When they shipped out the replacements, more snappers. Some people, myself included, got yet another snapper replacement after that. It took at least a month before I had the correct version.

I'll never forget what one CSR told me when I reported receiving the wrong version. "Sir, it's the same movie."
Old 05-21-07, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nothing to worry about now. When it was first released, they sent out the old snapper version. When they shipped out the replacements, more snappers. Some people, myself included, got yet another snapper replacement after that. It took at least a month before I had the correct version.

I'll never forget what one CSR told me when I reported receiving the wrong version. "Sir, it's the same movie."
Thanks. I just wanted to be sure this wasn't an ongoing thing. I don't want to get myself into a mess like that.
Old 05-21-07, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

[B]I'll never forget what one CSR told me when I reported receiving the wrong version. "Sir, it's the same movie."
I'm sure glad that they have people that know stuff about dvds working for a dvd seller. It makes me feel so reassured when I buy from them.

Last edited by dsa_shea; 05-21-07 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-21-07, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, add me to the list of those that didn't get the 2-disc version ordered, but the 1-disc.

I'll send it back at my expense and order it at a later date.
Old 05-21-07, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sparrow
Well, add me to the list of those that didn't get the 2-disc version ordered, but the 1-disc.

I'll send it back at my expense and order it at a later date.
Screw that!!! Put it back in the box and use Elmer's glue to close the box up. Then write return to sender and send it back. Also, call and complain and tell them you want a certificate for a free movie for your hassle. Do not take money out of your pocket for their mistake.
Old 05-21-07, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Screw that!!! Put it back in the box and use Elmer's glue to close the box up
I wouldn't even part with my Elmer's glue. Contact them and demand a return postage label!
Old 05-21-07, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I like the Elmer's glue approach ....Believe me, I've spent enough of my time arguing back and forth with what I've determined is a brick wall (aka CH CSRs) as I don't think they've understood anything that I've communicated as an issue.

It must be a tactic to frustrate the majority of us as I for one, refuse to deal with their Customer Service (more appropriate, lack thereof).

This the the best approach for me on their mistakes, I cut my losses.

Typically, I'd argue based on principle alone, but CH is my exception.
Old 05-21-07, 10:57 PM
Cool New Member

well well i ordered the 2 disc set from columbia house back on april 13th i recieved my copy this past week. I get home yesterday. My sister tells me this arrive on thursday. I opend it and lord behold its pan's labyrinth the 1 disc set. I was so pissed off i was going to send it back but i said oh what the hell its in widescreen, it has the original poster art and it came with the slipcover. I was so anxious to watch the movie so i watched it. I did call columbia house this morning and they going to credit me the 3 dollars.
Old 05-22-07, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
I've ordered this in the past month and received the correct one.
Old 05-22-07, 09:16 AM

[Rant on]

I've had it with Columbia House. They are crooks. I've placed orders in the past and had the order simply disappear from their system- even after I've gotten a confirmation e-mail. They'll then claim they have no record of it despite forwarding the confirmation e-mail. In some cases the order will mysteriously reappear months later- AFTER I've already placed a replacement order. Most recently, I placed an order on April 16th. I then went on vacation. I came back and checked the status online and suddenly it shows that in addition to my order placed on the 16th- on the 18th I placed an order for the exact same items again! Their system somehow duped my order and then they charged me for the duplicate order. I had to spend close to an hour on the phone trying to get that resolved and I'm still not sure it is.

Once I had a $5 dvd in my order. Two days after I placed the order and got my confimration e-mail, I got another e-mail stating that they no longer carried that DVD. I was annoyed, but I let it go. I made sure the item was removed from my order so I wouldn't be charged for it. Guess what. A few weeks later the same $5 dvd that had now been pulled from their website, reappears on their website. So I ordered it again (as part of a larger order), and they shipped it this time. All's well that ends well, right? Wrong. About a month later another order spontaneoulsy appears for that same DVD and nothing else. I didn't even know about the order, much less place such an order, and the DVD just showed up. I was livid. They have no right to simply "create" orders. It's happened about four times now and I'm tired of it.

[Rant off]

Oh, now that I've gotten that off my chest, they sent me the single-disc Pan's Labyrinth as well. Just another feather in CH's cap. (As soon as I use my current funcash, I'm done with them forever.)

Last edited by grham09; 05-22-07 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-22-07, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by grham09
Oh, now that I've gotten that off my chest, they sent me the single-disc Pan's Labyrinth as well. Just another feather in CH's cap. (As soon as I use my current funcash, I'm done with them forever.)
Suuuuure, you are. You can quit Substance CH anytime you want ....

You'll be back. We all love the pain.

;-]

Last edited by skidmark; 05-22-07 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-22-07, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Chalk me up as yet another to receive the 1 disc Pan instead of the 2 disc.
Old 05-23-07, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

- Received the 1 disc yesterday
- set up a return on the web page via the return the exchanges link
- received email stating I will be charged for the return and credited when they receive the incorrect DVD back via postage paid label they are sending
Old 05-23-07, 03:13 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

My arrived today and fortunately was the 2 discer (minus slipcover) so I was pleased with that. I also got 'Sleeper Cell' but that had a couple of floaters because the middle of the inside of the case was broken. Not too worried tho, I'll just replace those cases.
Old 05-23-07, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
My arrived today and fortunately was the 2 discer (minus slipcover) so I was pleased with that. I also got 'Sleeper Cell' but that had a couple of floaters because the middle of the inside of the case was broken. Not too worried tho, I'll just replace those cases.
Was this from your original order? Or did you first receive the 1-disc set and have to re-order the 2-disc set?
Old 05-23-07, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got my replacement 2 disc set today. The cover art was on upside down, and the swinging tray on the inside was backwards, dislodged and there was a floater. Oh, and no slipcover. The floater doesn't look damaged too badly, and I already have the Korean edition, so I'm not terribly worried about that. I will be emailing them probably tomorrow to tell them to cancel my account, though.
Old 05-23-07, 10:38 PM

Well mark me down as another one who received the 1 disc instead of the two. And get this I went down to borders to make sure Id get a two disc and I didn't even get the art inside the box. Unlucky eh. Gave the 1 disc away and promptly canceled my account. I'd rather eat the 10$ then put up with the hassle.
Old 05-24-07, 10:24 AM

Last week I placed the order to fulfill my account and included the 2 disk version. After receiving the confirmation email (because of this thread), I emailed CH from the help page and told them that I thought the selection number for Pan's was for the 1 disk and I wanted to be sure to get the 2 disk. I received an email assuring me it was the 2 disk and today my order arrived with the 2 disk version

Last edited by Newfrd; 05-24-07 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-24-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bluesilo
Well mark me down as another one who received the 1 disc instead of the two. And get this I went down to borders to make sure Id get a two disc and I didn't even get the art inside the box. Unlucky eh. Gave the 1 disc away and promptly canceled my account. I'd rather eat the 10$ then put up with the hassle.
Borders has copies with the bonus art and without. The copies with the bonus art have an extra sticker on them saying so. Did yours have a sticker?
Old 05-24-07, 03:45 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Was this from your original order? Or did you first receive the 1-disc set and have to re-order the 2-disc set?
Fortunately for me this was my original order. No slip cover and no artwork for me, but just grateful to get what I ordered

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.