DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Free DVD in June when you order in May from Columbia House (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/499421-free-dvd-june-when-you-order-may-columbia-house.html)

ESG927 05-01-07 10:26 AM

Free DVD in June when you order in May from Columbia House

Here's the latest email offer from Columbia House:

Place an order in May for any DVD and we'll give you a Free DVD when you make your first DVD purchase in June! We will send an email in early June containing a promotion code you can use to activate this bonus offer. A shipping and processing charge will be applied to your Free DVD. This bonus offer is limited to one Free DVD per member.

I couldn't find this detail on the webpage but did find it in the email: Your Director's Selection, Upcoming Releases, Sets and other specially priced items are not eligible as free or sale items under your current offer.

I wonder though, if I could buy a set using FunCash (purchase price would be $19.97 after discount) and have it qualify for a Free DVD in June.

Also, I wonder if you can redeem ONLY the free DVD in June or if it requires another purchase. The language is a bit ambiguous.

Dane Marvin 05-01-07 11:25 AM

This code is not a big deal unless you can use it in conjunction with another promotional code (which is highly unlikely). We currently have a superior code to this for B1G1 (802228). It includes free shipping and you don't have to wait until June to get your free DVD. This might be something if we were suffering a major code drought. For the most part, it seems like all the promo codes we get in our e-mail are pretty lousy compared to the ones that thejester finds.

Edit: Also there's never a place for a promo code in your Funcash cart, so I am questioning as to how that would work.

If this code works differently than the other promo codes then there might be something to it, but I am doubting it.

Sandyk67 05-01-07 12:26 PM

Major code drought, I like that. :)

I am so glad I found this place, it has helped me build a collection of DVDs much quicker than I otherwise would have been able to and there are so many people on here that will take the time to explain how things work.

A big thank you to the people of this forum!

CmC918 05-01-07 01:17 PM

They did this deal before and it was a major let down because anyone could of used that code.

smashthesymbols 05-01-07 03:19 PM

"Place an order in May for any DVD and we'll give you a Free DVD when you make your first DVD purchase in June!"

So let me get this straight, if you buy one DVD in May they'll give you a freebie when you buy another in June? Isn't this basically just B2G1 with a month delay in the middle? I think I'll pass, the B1G1 with free shipping codes are much better.

movieguru 05-01-07 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
"Place an order in May for any DVD and we'll give you a Free DVD when you make your first DVD purchase in June!"

So let me get this straight, if you buy one DVD in May they'll give you a freebie when you buy another in June? Isn't this basically just B2G1 with a month delay in the middle? I think I'll pass, the B1G1 with free shipping codes are much better.

Well it works with the B1G1 code right now, so it's essentially B1G1 free with free shipping now and in June B1 G1 and pay shipping. it may be ok if there's not 4 titles you want right now, otherewise you could buy the 4 cheaper now with 802228.

ESG927 05-02-07 01:09 PM

It's sounding more and more like a B2G1 deal now. I got another email today:

Have we got a fantastic deal especially for you! Buy a DVD when you shop online anytime in May, and get a FREE DVD with your first June purchase. It's as easy as that!

But remember: This exclusive offer is only good through May 31.

Not such a good deal then, especially if you don't really want to buy movies. We seem to like TV on DVD better for old shows we've forgotten about or missed episodes of or even never watched the first time around.

basaro 05-02-07 03:30 PM

They did this same kind of "deal" in December IIRC.

They just send you a B1G1 code (plus you pay shipping), but with all the better codes around these days, this would likely be a waste. As I remember, lots of people never even used their codes from the last promotion like this because there were other codes at the time which were much better. Like the current 802228 code, with codes like that, you really don't need anything else.

Don't get sucked in! ;)

catacave 05-13-07 08:39 AM

Anyone know if this works with CH.com too? I see the banner ad when I login, but my experience has been that sometimes CH screws up with offering promotions that don't apply to CH.com

Dane Marvin 05-13-07 07:53 PM

I actually haven't been able to get into ch.com for a long time. It just logs me into Columbia House for some reason? I'll have to e-mail them about it because I won't be able to fulfill my commitment if I can't get in there.

Anyway, back to the topic -- ch.com doesn't have specials like that, so I would say with 99% certainty "no" to that.

lizard 05-14-07 12:50 PM

^That's usually a cookie problem. If you "sign out" then try to log in to your CH.com account you ought to get to the correct account.