DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Funcash charged twice with mothers Day DVD's (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/498645-funcash-charged-twice-mothers-day-dvds.html)

movieguru 04-22-07 09:52 AM

Funcash charged twice with mothers Day DVD's

Did anyone that ordered items from the Mothers day special have an issue with them taking out the funcash twice? When I first odered they took out the discount funcash price for the dvd's. But when I looked at it today, I missing double what I should have been.

DisneyDVDFAN 04-22-07 09:59 AM

well that happened to me but it clears up in a day or so ... i think they process the funcash once when you place the order and then when it ships out or something ... one of the funcash charge will drop off ...

atleast that is what happens with mines all the time

smashthesymbols 04-22-07 11:32 AM

I think I've heard before that it's normal. I just hope it clears up soon, mine's got a -$52 balance and that makes me very nervous.

CmC918 04-22-07 11:35 AM

I had issues with negative fun cash lately but it seems to be fixed now.

basaro 04-22-07 06:55 PM

Yes, this is normal funcash behavior.

When you make a fc order, double the amount you spent is subtracted from your fc balance, usually resulting in a negative balance.

Once the orders are completed (charged & shipped), they will credit the "double" part of the amount spent back into your fc balance.

So, you must be cautious when using fc because you can lock yourself out of using it if you are not careful. For example, if you had $60 in fc and made an order using $30 of it, your balance would suddenly turn to $0. You would be locked out of spending your remaining $30 balance until the other titles have been completed.

smashthesymbols 04-22-07 07:04 PM

So is there any known reason that they take double the amount of funcash, or is it just one of those mysteries of Columbia House?

basaro 04-22-07 08:48 PM

^
Who knows, I haven't been able to determine why they would do this. Yup, just another one of CH's mysteries.

Dane Marvin 04-22-07 09:53 PM

Yeah, mine currently says I have $-42...

legend42 04-23-07 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by basaro
^
Who knows, I haven't been able to determine why they would do this. Yup, just another one of CH's mysteries.

This seems to be a reaction to a glitch CH had where you'd make a funcash order, and they'd initially deduct but then replace the FC balance until the order actually got processed, at which point it was re-deducted. So, there was an exploitable window where you could place another FC order with the temporarily restored funcash (you'd end up with negative FC after both were processed but they'd let you close an account with minus FC so it was no problem).

This double deduction seems to be their ham-handed solution to this glitch- where now the FC is twice deducted, but only once restored- so in the end it's all correct. Just shows us the software engineers at CH aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. But believe me, that's a *good* thing for us.

lizard 04-23-07 09:23 AM

FWIW, there is no reason to be concerned with a negative funcash balance. We have long experience in canceling accounts with negative funcash balances without difficulty.

movieguru 04-27-07 08:24 AM

Just checked my account and the missing Funcash has been returned. Never noticed they did that before, but I usually spend all my funcash at once.