DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Question about Columbia House sending the wrong DVD

Old 02-20-07, 09:44 PM

Question about Columbia House sending the wrong DVD

I had ordered the Anchorman gift set and got The Departed 2 disc free during one of last weeks BOGO codes. When I received my order I got The Departed 2 disc, but instead of the Anchorman gift set I got Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:Attact of the Mouser, which needless to say I didn't want. The card that came with the order said that it was supposed to have the Anchorman set and Departed in the package. I have emailed them about this a couple times, with no response. I have also called them and what I was told was that there was no way that would happen.

Does anybody know if there is anyway to prove that I didn't get the DVD I ordered, and has this happened to anyone else? I wonder if I am stuck with the cheap DVD they sent me and am out the $24 for the anchorman set.

Thanks for your time!!
Old 02-21-07, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

!
Call them back and demand a replacement. I've never had a csr say "That could never happen" before. Keep trying, I've never had a problem getting replacements for a wrong order or a defective dvd. I haven't rec'd a wrong dvd lately, but I have done a couple replacements without a problem.
Old 02-21-07, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ My experience is the same as basaro. While such mixups are uncommon, they do happen and the CSRs I have spoken with know it. I hope this isn't an example of a new hard line Columbia House is going to take with customers but, rather, is just a clueless CSR who was having a bad day.
Old 02-21-07, 01:42 PM
Cool New Member

I have actually received extra DVDs in an order! A couple of BOGO's ago, I received the two I ordered, plus a third title, and the invoice for the third title!. I put the extra DVD and the invoice that went with it back in the box and mailed it off to the proper recipient. This sort of lax "fulfillment" isn't as uncommon as you may think.
Old 02-21-07, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Click on "Your Account" and then click on "Returns & Exchanges". Select "Anchorman" as the title that you want to return and then go to the next screen. On the next screen, there will be a drop down box with reasons for the return. One of the reasons is "Wrong Item Received". Select that and tell them that you want an exchange. They will ship out the "Anchorman" set and will mail you a return postage label for "TMNT".

I had to do this a couple of months ago when I ordered "Forbidden Planet", but received "Tamara" instead.
Old 02-21-07, 05:31 PM

I just had to do the returns and exchanges for a BOGO with The Departed as well (invoice said The Departed, but The Grudge 2 was included). It was pretty easy to start the return process through the website, hopefully it works out.
Old 02-22-07, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

okay here is another mishap but it may be the POST OFFICE's fault ...
I collected an Empty box today in the mail no DVD just the Box the Post office stamped saying "received damaged and rewrapped the reason stated "WITHOUT CONTENTS" ... i got the invoice and the junk they send out though..

well have to call them about it ...will this be solved easily ? I don't think this has happened to me before ...