DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   CH refund received -- 20 months later! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/491734-ch-refund-received-20-months-later.html)

Jenx56 02-06-07 01:09 PM

CH refund received -- 20 months later!

So ...

I canceled a CH membership back in June 2005 (I typically go through a few memberships a year, join/fulfill/cancel), but after canceling, they showed I still owed a balance of $9.97 (for three cheap sale DVDs and a $3 late charge). I had paid for these at the time of the order with a Visa card, and sent them a letter stating such, along with a copy of my Visa statement. But I continued to receive a bill, so after two months, I sent in a check for $9.97, not wanting to jeopardize any future enrollments. (I know, I could have called, but I figured my many memberships over the years have been worth many times that.)

Then yesterday, lo and behold, I get a check for $9.97, along with a nice letter saying, "We are enclosing our check as a refund for the amount due you. We trust this clears the matter to your satisfaction."

Over the years, I've learned to roll with CH's punches, but this is the first time a punch has ever gone in my favor.

So, gee, thanks CH!

ESG927 02-06-07 01:19 PM

Glad you got a refund! Even if it was really late. . . .

I was supposed to get a refund on my 2-year Media Play membership (purchased about a month before they announced all the store closings). Still waiting on that one (with no hope).

lizard 02-07-07 10:17 AM

I have actually received refunds on accounts even when I was positive that they really didn't owe me money. I learned that trying to convince them of that was futile. That's why I tend to be more accommodating when they do something that annoys me, sometimes I benefit from their mistakes.

viking99 02-08-07 01:14 PM

^ I once had an experience where after two attempts to send me *non-defective fulfillment selections, the phone CSR just fulfilled my account and refunded all charges. I essentially received and paid for the enrollment shipment ([email protected] plus 7th for 9.95) without having to pay for any further DVDs. As Lizard suggested, I thried to explain it to the guy but I think he felt it would be easier and cheaper for everyone just to put an end to it.

*These were the Universal Monster Legacy sets that ALWAYS came with the two-sided disk loose in the case scratching up both sides. After receiving and returing the second set, we just gave up.

DisneyDVDFAN 02-08-07 01:20 PM

I think i have had the opposite end of this ...
Returned DVDS and was supposed to be preocessed and refunded but never got the full refund .. still nothing yet and have been charged late fees up top of late fees for the past 3 months or so...
After many many emails and calls nothing has changed ... everyone is clueless just sending out the generic email and quoting what is on the site ... and stating that i was refunded when i wasn't ...

finally decided to just pay it off instead of waiting for them to clear things up ... and to prevent any more late fees. almost 18.00 $ worth ... Very disappointed in CH this time around ...

First time having so many problems with them ...though

Wish i had a Supervisor's email addy to send my complaints :(

Hopefully once i get my last pre order (ZOOM) already was charged for it ... i can cancel this account and never look back ;(

B5Erik 02-09-07 09:32 PM

I, too, returned an unwanted Director's Selection, only to have them NOT refund me on it. (It was sent back 2 days after I received it - "delivery refused, return to sender" like they say to do.)

So I get this bill in the mail 6 weeks later saying that I was past due. Needless to say, I was pissed. I tried calling, but could not find any way to get ahold of anyone on the phone (the system was totally automated, and the routes that I used to use to get someone no longer worked).

So I e-mailed them, advising that if THEY lost the DVD that it was THEIR fault, not mine, and they needed to refund me asap.

2 days later I got an e-mail stating that the charge/bill would be credited and that I would owe nothing. Sure enough, 2 days after that I got the credit - and cancelled my account! (All the better to get 7 new enrollment titles...)

kenbenobi 02-11-07 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by B5Erik
So I e-mailed them, advising that if THEY lost the DVD that it was THEIR fault, not mine, and they needed to refund me asap.

2 days later I got an e-mail stating that the charge/bill would be credited and that I would owe nothing. Sure enough, 2 days after that I got the credit - and cancelled my account! (All the better to get 7 new enrollment titles...)

Not always a good thing. You might have difficulty getting another account opened if they blacklisted you for that...

zekeburger1979 02-12-07 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by B5Erik
I, too, returned an unwanted Director's Selection, only to have them NOT refund me on it. (It was sent back 2 days after I received it - "delivery refused, return to sender" like they say to do.)

So I get this bill in the mail 6 weeks later saying that I was past due. Needless to say, I was pissed. I tried calling, but could not find any way to get ahold of anyone on the phone (the system was totally automated, and the routes that I used to use to get someone no longer worked).

What e-mail did you use? I got Baywatch Season One sent to me because I forgot to decline. I marked it refused/return to sender. It's been a couple of months now and I still haven't gotten my money refunded to me. I didn't have a problem sending back M:I:3.