DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Redeeming FunCash

Old 01-10-07, 04:26 PM

Redeeming FunCash

Like some others posted on this forum, I lost my FunCash with the new year. I didn't have much so it wasn't a huge deal, but I didn't want it to happen again.

How do you apply FunCash on a order? Can it only be used during certain times? I was going to apply the few dollars I have to a tv box set (I think that qualifies) but couldn't see how to do it.

Thanks for the help and suggestions!
Old 01-10-07, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ESG927
How do you apply FunCash on a order?
1. Click on FUNCASH in green in the upper right hand corner.
2. Click on Use Your Funcash Now! on the far right side of the screen (this will only show up if you have available FunCash).
3. Find the item you want to order, just as you would normally.
4. Click on FunCash Cart in green, next to that item.
5. Enter the amount of FunCash you would like applied to that item (there are limitations on Boxed Sets).
6. Add more items or Go to Checkout.

Can it only be used during certain times?
It can be used year-round.

When you're ready to redeem your FunCash, you might want to check out this thread first for ways to maximize your buying power... link.
Old 01-10-07, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Could be a bug in the website. I saw the same problem a few days ago after I made my first order of the year. It showed I had $8, but the link to "Start using your funcash" was not there. Maybe it just takes a few days after your first order to start showing up. I say try again tomorrow and hopefully it will be working as expected.
Or possibly it's a cookie issue or something too. You could try clearing those too.
Old 01-10-07, 05:37 PM

It did say funcash would be expiring the 31st but it took a few days for them to remove it because I remember logging in like the 2nd or 3rd and still had the funcash and last week is when they removed it.
Old 01-19-07, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the reply. I understand how it works now. Since CH is running tripple Fun Cash right now, I'm placing an order and will use the FC on a couple of box sets I want.
Old 01-19-07, 06:14 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Don't forget that you can only apply I believe $10 worth of fun cash on a box set and with shipping that kind of negates it really. But then it does depend on what boix sets you are looking at since they do have cheaper ones such as 'Back to the Future', 'Naked Gun' and 'The Mummy Collection' which they class as box sets.
Old 01-20-07, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just checked, and my funcash is gone too. I just bought the dvd's in late December (right before Christmas). They sure took that fast. I think I'll cancel my membership--I was only going to keep it to spend my lousy $4 in funcash anyway.
Old 01-20-07, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ Don't worry about it. $4 in funcash isn't worth anything anyway. Using funcash you have to buy regular DVDs at full price and pay shipping ($2.99 for the first DVD). By the time you add it up you need quite a bit of funcash to make it worthwhile.

Cancel your account and open a new one.
Old 01-22-07, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
Don't forget that you can only apply I believe $10 worth of fun cash on a box set and with shipping that kind of negates it really. But then it does depend on what boix sets you are looking at since they do have cheaper ones such as 'Back to the Future', 'Naked Gun' and 'The Mummy Collection' which they class as box sets.

I want to get Quantum Leap S2 and the others. At $29.97 for season 2, CH is already cheaper than any store around here (except for the shipping). So with $10 off plus shipping, the total is $27.52. Again, still cheaper than the stores and even slightly less than DDD's 20% off sale.

Any chance you can combine Fun Cash with free shipping? That would be an excellent deal then!
Old 01-22-07, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any chance you can combine Fun Cash with free shipping? That would be an excellent deal then!
No chance.