Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

International Member of Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-07, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
International Member of Columbia House

First of all, I know that Columbia House is for USA customers, but having read all the threads on the first page here, and after having a look around the Columbia House site, I decided to have a go at becoming a member while forwarding on the DVDs to a friend who lives in the USA.

I used the 42M code, giving me 6 TV Show DVDs for 49c each, with 3 more to purchase over the next year or two, with one being able to be picked up at $9.99 at creation date.

My first problem was trying to match my international credit card billing address to the USA shipping address -- so I bluffed it.

I wasn't holding high hopes a) The code I use didn't seem to have a very high success rate on the forums, and b) being an international person, and forcing my card to have a USA billing address

However, this morning I was checking out my credit card and noticed some money had been removed from my account. I haven't placed any orders anywhere else and the amount removed was strangly similar to what I had expected the international charge (exchange rate and visa fees) to be on the DVD order ($13US = $20NZ)

So, im asking -- does a credit card charge mean that the order is successful, I should expect some DVDs to arrive at the USA address soonish and im now a member of Columbia House, or are they just testing the card and will reverse the charge eventually?

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-05-07, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

A charge means you're a member, but a temporary charge can go either way. It sounds like you only have a temporary charge at the moment, so just wait another few days to see if you're a member.
Old 01-05-07, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I used the 42M code, giving me 6 TV Show DVDs for 49c each
I really don't think this works. You can't use the DVD club codes to sign up for the TV Club.
Old 01-07-07, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Definitely will just be a temporary charge that will soon drop off. Sorry, but you were not accepted.
Old 01-07-07, 06:04 PM

I'll know in a few days .. Its Monday here and anything that happens on the credit card over the weekend sorts itsself out on Tuesday or Wednesday. I know I was goijg into this not expecting anything, its what happens when you try to order a bunch of DVDs worth a lot of $3 :P

I'll update as soon as I know anything.
Old 01-09-07, 10:20 AM

Strange .. other weekend purchases have shown up in the account as finalised, yet im out roughly what CH would charge me and it hasn't been finalised. Hope it finalise's soon or however is holding up my money releases it soon.
Old 01-12-07, 01:56 PM

And I got my money back ..
Oh well, I tried.
Old 01-12-07, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

iam having a simliar probelm.they put a hold on my credit card TWICE because i tried to 2 times to sign up and none of them are still approved.it's been over 3 weeks and the hold is still not released.FUCK CH.
Old 01-13-07, 04:33 AM

Ah, my contact in the USA got a letter today. I was rejected because on the titles I ordered was out of stock. No mention of what title though.