Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Want to talk to a CH CSR? Read this!

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 12-16-06, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So in my futile efforts to try to reach a CSR at Columbia house, and reading many many threads on this page, I went to the BBB. Of course there are plenty of complaints about this company, and I don't recommend anyone to ever do business with them again..

HOWEVER, in my searches I've found tons of phone numbers, and methods of reaching a real human being, none have worked. THIS I just found tonight on the BBB website, and you actually do reach a REAL person.

http://www.badbusinessbureau.com/rep...poff223144.htm

The thread is here.
The phone number is this: 812-466-8402

They tell you how to reach the automated service, but if you wait, a human picks up. And I thought it was impossible. I hope this helps you guys like it helped me!
Old 12-16-06, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by whataboutr0b
So in my futile efforts to try to reach a CSR at Columbia house, and reading many many threads on this page, I went to the BBB.
As a point of clarity, when most of us see "BBB" we assume that the reference is to the Better Business Bureau, which is a recognized and somewhat respected organization. The website linked above appears to be something less.
Old 12-20-06, 03:23 PM

I have problems with CH, but when I write enough emails, it always gets cleared up. So far. I really thought they would mess things up this year, given the number of items I ordered. Yet, everything I ordered eventually arrived, and apart from the revoking of my $5 web discount, no problems with billing. At these prices, I can't really complain. After all, sometimes their screw-ups are in my favor -- like the Dr. Strangelove 40th Anniversary for $12 in funcash.

I highly recommend CH, but not unless one is going to do due diligence to make sure they send what you order and bill you as advertised.

Also, I had very little trouble reaching a CSR at one of their 888 numbers. It was about a five minute wait on hold. Sorry, I can't remember which number. I found it in one of the threads on this forum.