Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Codes Part II

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-09, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: CH Enrollment Codes Part II

I used 27b last week online no problem. Maybe they finally put an end to that code unless by chance that was only to be used online.
Old 05-20-09, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by CmC918
I used 27b last week online no problem. Maybe they finally put an end to that code unless by chance that was only to be used online.
Do you know if it actually was accepted? I tried several times to get accounts online and finally gave up. I've created 2 accounts in the last month with their call in reps though, with the AS6 code.
Old 05-20-09, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CmC918
As you theorized, 27B is an online code. Online codes are (always?) different from phone codes.
Old 05-20-09, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lizard
... The person who maintains this thread needs to be able to check enrollment codes quickly. And that means closing the browser or deleting cookies each time, else the previous offer tested will remain regardless of the new code entered. This is mighty tedious on dial-up.

Until someone steps forward, we will have to muddle along by perusing the later pages of the thread for the codes mentioned.
I've got a 'sorta' script that I run thru - but I haven't figured out how to identify bad codes. My scripting disables cookies, so previous session info isn't(shouldn't be) a problem.

With all the combinations I try, most(seemingly 99%) of them come back with some kind of offer. Plowing thru them for certain "wordage" takes a little time, but doesn't tell me if the code is "really" active - or has been left "on".
Old 05-21-09, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by DHMagicMan
Do you know if it actually was accepted? I tried several times to get accounts online and finally gave up. I've created 2 accounts in the last month with their call in reps though, with the AS6 code.
Yeah. 27B is the only code I tried using online.
Old 05-22-09, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by thejester
I've got a 'sorta' script that I run thru - but I haven't figured out how to identify bad codes. My scripting disables cookies, so previous session info isn't(shouldn't be) a problem.

With all the combinations I try, most(seemingly 99%) of them come back with some kind of offer. Plowing thru them for certain "wordage" takes a little time, but doesn't tell me if the code is "really" active - or has been left "on".
Enrollment code mining hasn't been done here in many years; as you have seen, it is difficult. All that is really needed for a new thread is to check the codes mentioned by posters to see if they are still active and, if so, what the terms and conditions are. Just keeping track of known codes and deleting codes that are inactivated would be helpful. This can be done by brute force, as opposed to a script.

There are four useful catagories of information:
• The basic offer, for example: 7:2, 1:5:1, etc.
• Whether or not the code requires/allows up-front payment with a credit card. This can be hard to check without placing an order but when someone reports on it, just keeping track of the information would help.
• Whether or not the code requires a PSN.
• Working phone enrollment codes, which are rare.

Someone who wants to take over the enrollment code thread would need to check on all codes reported here and categorize them based on the above conditions. It isn't difficult, but it takes some time.

Mining enrollment codes would be nice — perhaps there are some codes out there that are better than anything we know about — but simple maintenance of an enrollment code thread would be very helpful to newcomers. I choose not to do it, for the reasons I gave above.
Old 05-23-09, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by viking99
I've been out of this game for several years, but need to come back up to speed now that CH is getting more into BR. Does the $4.80 imply cycling accounts with the following criteria?

Enrollment:
six for .49 with free shipping
seventh for 9.95 with free shipping
two fulfillments at 19.95 plus two free with free shipping (i.e. B1G1FS offer code)
Yes.

Using code 27B online, or AS6 on the phone:
$2.94 at enrollment, $9.95 for the 7th, 2 $19.95 fulfillments with B1G1FS codes, and you get...
11 DVDs for a total of $52.79, or roughly $4.80 each.

If you're more interested in fulfilling with box sets, or want to really be patient to take advantage of some craziness like B1G2FS or some other kind of sale or glitch, then don't get the $9.95 DVD, and just wait to use 3 fulfillment credits. At worst, it adds a couple dollars to the total expenditure, so $.20 or so to the average cost. I can live with that to reduce the number of cycled accounts. That's what I've been doing lately, since my collection has grown and there aren't a lot of basic DVDs I want from CH.

There's also B9V, a 1:1:5 code (there might be others like that) that can get your average down a little lower.
1 at $1.99
1 to fulfill, so $19.95 and use a B1G1FS code to get an additional DVD
5 rewards at $1.99 each (using certificates they send you in the mail)
= 8 DVDs for 6*$1.99 + $19.95
= 8 DVDs for $31.89, or $3.91 each
In the early days of that code, some people reported getting free shipping on the 5 reward selections by using the Contact Us link to submit the order (I don't know if it had to do with some kind of free-shipping-promotion or something). If that miracle happens, you get 8 DVDs for $21.94, or $2.74 each. But I wouldn't count on that happening these days...

And there's always code HDL over in the TV club, which gets you two box sets for $9.95 and then leaves you with 2 fulfillments. That results in box sets at $15.33 each and 4 more DVDs. That would be the best deal for someone still buying DVD seasons of TV shows, but wanting to get Blu-rays as fulfillments without winding up with a bunch of DVDs that you'd only want to sell or trade to recover your expenditure. HDL has extremely limited success, though. I have had 5 lost apps in the last few months. Temporary authorization charge on the credit card and initial response email, but no follow-up email, no rejection notice, the authorization charge drops off the card, and then nothing...

A regular TV account would result in two sets at $20.33 each, which is still a good deal for some people, but more than I'm willing to pay--although come to think of it, there are (or were) a Doctor Who season and a Young Indiana Jones season(?) available for enrollment.
Old 05-24-09, 03:21 PM

Thanks for the response Cheato. I like the options with the 3for60 BD offer. Hopefully that will become a regular offer. I've generally set ~$16 as the max I will pay for a BD. Plugging that into the equation as a constant results in a per-SDDVD price of $3.10. That's just another way of looking at this.
Old 05-24-09, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sounds good. And if you have a friend/co-worker who's willing to pay you $6 per DVD, that's another way of looking at it. My point in the other thread was the same as punit's, but a lot more long-winded: you can't just average out the cost across all the items, when the items have far different ways of obtaining them.
Old 05-25-09, 12:47 PM

Yep, I agree. At this point, I'm trying not to further expand my SD DVD collection, but if I can rationalize the SD DVD cost down to $3 there are still some titles out there that I wouldn't mind adding (mostly older movies that will never come out on BD; or with such poor source material/limited market that a proper restoration wouldn't be viable). Some of the CH blu's are very attractive at $16. As an example, the new Batman (Burton) book is near the top of my shopping list but it is still very pricey at all other sources. If I can cycle an account and fulfill with 3 for 60 BD plus BOGO SD I'll do that.
Old 05-25-09, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Are there any active codes that work for the boxed set club?
Old 05-26-09, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS
Are there any active codes that work for the boxed set club?
If you mean the TV Club, there is a separate thread for that. HDL still works, but there are others. Details here:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/5...e-posting.html
Old 05-26-09, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
If you mean the TV Club, there is a separate thread for that. HDL still works, but there are others. Details here:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/5...e-posting.html
thanks
Old 05-27-09, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just called to try an A6S. Got a competant-sounding English operator, who said "that code is not valid in my system".

Is it working for anyone else today? How about other equivalent codes that still work? TIA.
Old 05-27-09, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by drh4
Just called to try an A6S. Got a competant-sounding English operator, who said "that code is not valid in my system".

Is it working for anyone else today? How about other equivalent codes that still work? TIA.
A phone operator let me use it last night and took my enrollment order. I haven't received a confirmation email and my CC hasn't been charged yet but that can take a couple days...

I'd think it's good... I'll post here if they bounce it (and tell me) though...
Old 05-27-09, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Did you actually say A6S when you called or is that just a typo? The code should be AS6.
Old 05-27-09, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
Did you actually say A6S when you called or is that just a typo? The code should be AS6.
D'Oh! I screwed up. Tried again with the correct codes, and got no static. Sorry for the false alarm folks! Thanks smashthesymbols for taking the time to correct me.
Old 05-27-09, 05:53 PM

Doh! I'm dyslexic! I didn't even catch the problem and I know that code by heart! LOL! Looked right to me!
Old 05-29-09, 09:41 PM

2KL seems to be the same as 2KM

8 for 49 cents each plus S&H
1 at $9.95 plus S&H
then committment of 2 more over 2 years.

PSN does not seem to be needed.

I got this as mail offer from CH to roll over my existing membership.
Old 06-02-09, 06:23 PM

How long is it best to wait after cancelling an account to try to start up a new one?
Old 06-03-09, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I joined CH on May 27th they sent me an email thanking me and then said they would send another email about setting up an account with a password but I have not heard from them?
Old 06-03-09, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Drake
I joined CH on May 27th they sent me an email thanking me and then said they would send another email about setting up an account with a password but I have not heard from them?

Was the email titled "Welcome to the Club" or "Thank you for your Application"?
Old 06-03-09, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by HappyRabbit
Was the email titled "Welcome to the Club" or "Thank you for your Application"?
This was the title of the email

Thanks for Signing up at CH.com

and this is what they wrote;
Thank you for your application - and your interest in the ch.com(TM) service. We recommend printing out a copy of this confirmation for your records.

It should take a day or two to review your application and get your account set up once you're approved. At that point, we'll send you an email containing your account number and instructions on how to register to shop on our members-only web site.

Here's a summary of your order:
Old 06-03-09, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As has been said repeatedly, please be careful with the club names.

CH.com is NOT the regular Columbia House club. CH.com is a separate site with separate rules and separate selection availability and prices.

columbiahouse.com is the website that is talked about in this thread, and the enrollment codes are for that club, not ch.com.

I think there was a recent post that said ch.com sent out an email saying the club is being discontinued.

In this forum, "CH" means "Columbia House," the company, and as an extension, the main DVD club.
The "TV" club is the TV on DVD club, which is found on the same site as the DVD club: columbiahouse.com.

"CH.com" is a different animal.
Old 06-03-09, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cheato
As has been said repeatedly, please be careful with the club names.

CH.com is NOT the regular Columbia House club. CH.com is a separate site with separate rules and separate selection availability and prices.

columbiahouse.com is the website that is talked about in this thread, and the enrollment codes are for that club, not ch.com.

I think there was a recent post that said ch.com sent out an email saying the club is being discontinued.

In this forum, "CH" means "Columbia House," the company, and as an extension, the main DVD club.
The "TV" club is the TV on DVD club, which is found on the same site as the DVD club: columbiahouse.com.

"CH.com" is a different animal.
I didn't know this , it is a little confusing because there are some other title of threads that read columbia house

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.