Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Codes Part II

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-11, 04:50 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: CH Enrollment Codes Part II

What exactly does the "..you've now been granted access" email mean?
I got one one of those today,2 or 3 days after enrolling second account.
I tried logging in both with the user name and password,as well as the account number mentioned in the email and my zip code.Both times,it said "..not vaild".
Old 04-29-11, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
If I fulfill with a B1G2 code and use $4.80 each for the cost of the "free" DVDs (old imputed cost) the season sets should be ~$5.25 each.
There isn't a B1G2 code any longer...unless someone found a new one. CH killed 801490 yesterday.
Old 04-29-11, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^^It means you've been accepted, have an account # and your selections have either shipped, will ship soon, or are back ordered. You should have been able to log in all along but if you looked at your account information you would have seen "provisional" as the account number and the order history would show a "we're processing your enrollment, check back in 72 hours" type message.

You use the username/password you specified when you did the enrollment. The account/zip code method is for mail only accounts who did not set up the temporary account during enrollment online. I doubt that method will work with a pre-setup account as when you use the acct#/zip method they force you to setup a username/password on that first login. Or at least that's the way it used to work... long ago... Why they put it in the email is anybody's guess...
Old 04-29-11, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jwstl
There isn't a B1G2 code any longer...unless someone found a new one. CH killed 801490 yesterday.
Yeah... I just read that a few minutes ago in the codes thread and verified it myself just in case... bummer... "Missed it by *this* much...".

But it's *still* a very good deal, better than the TVonDVD club *if* you want any of the limited selection of titles available this way. If I do it right I should still be able to fulfill for ~$5.50/season *without* a BOGO code or picking up a single DVD.
Old 04-29-11, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
You use the username/password you specified when you did the enrollment. The account/zip code method is for mail only accounts who did not set up the temporary account during enrollment online. I doubt that method will work with a pre-setup account as when you use the acct#/zip method they force you to setup a username/password on that first login. Or at least that's the way it used to work... long ago... Why they put it in the email is anybody's guess...
You can also use this if you forget your username. i've had to use it several times
Old 04-29-11, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^Nice to know. I keep records of usernames/passwords and have not used that method since the old paper days.

It also brings us back to rider555's problem. Since you can apparently use both, I'd try again several times over the next couple of days and if it still gives you issues contact CS.
Old 04-30-11, 01:44 AM
Suspended

I guess I will just wait and see and hope that a box from CH shows up in my mailbox within the next week or so...
I had this same problem with an account that goes to my brothers house.I figured that the account never went passed provisional,but my brother received a box from them recently that looks like it could hold 6 or 7 DVDs.I keep meaning to tell him to go ahead and open it and let me know what's in it.
Old 04-30-11, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

The account number shown in my recent 'you now have access' email was not the final account number shown in my account information once it no longer showed 'provisional.'
Old 04-30-11, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^Based on this I checked mine. It, too, is different. Very different. The one shown on my "account" page looks like the normal CH acct. # while the one in the email is a "u-" followed by numbers which do not seem to have any relation with the actual number on the site. I looked at the past few I still have and they are all like that. The one in the email is very different than the actual number on the "account" page.
Old 04-30-11, 04:36 PM
Suspended

Today,I received another email from CH.The subject line for this one is,"see what columbia house can do for you".The first paragraph says,"As a new member...".
I still can't log in.
Old 04-30-11, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^Use the link in one of those emails to contact CS about your issue. It's typically at the bottom - very small.
Old 04-30-11, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rider555
Today,I received another email from CH.The subject line for this one is,"see what columbia house can do for you".The first paragraph says,"As a new member...".
I still can't log in.
I had the exact same thing happen two weeks ago. I posted my troubles in a different thread. The following is my post that finally resolved the issue-

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10734714-post131.html
Old 05-01-11, 01:02 AM
Suspended

Thanks for the tip,SBJ.I did contact them,so now it's wait and see..
Old 05-02-11, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I would strongly recommend the first 5 seasons of Andy Griffith. Once Barney Fife left, the show went down the shitter.
Good suggestion; I just ordered those, The 4400 S1 & S2 (blind buy suggested by a friend), and Dr. Parnassus on Blu.

Last edited by CalebAndCo; 05-02-11 at 10:32 AM. Reason: addl comment
Old 05-02-11, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My order came in today. Something I'd not noticed until looking over the titles is *all* are CBS/Paramount. A few are in the "new" slim packages (multi-disk pages in amaray case) while others from the same series are in the "old" packaging (some digipak, others slim cases).
Old 05-02-11, 10:21 PM
Suspended

Maybe this is old news,but I just noticed that CH now accepts PayPal.
Perhaps this option will mean the end of rejected applications?
I am contemplating giving it a try........
Old 05-03-11, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's actually new news. They just started accepting PayPal last week.
Old 05-03-11, 12:57 PM
Cool New Member

Yeah, and it works really well. I set up a new account up last Saturday with PayPay as the payment, as soon as I completed enrollment it took me to the PP site where I authorized the charge and PP verified my address to CH. I was able to access the account later that day, usually I have to wait until the next biz day. And just checked PP and the enrollment $$ total just shows as an authorization and nothing taken from my account while the fulfillment order shows as a debit on Monday, when they shipped it. BTW I ordered One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Ultimate Edition for $29.97. That's actually 5 bucks cheaper than Amazon and for some reason CH counts it as fulfilling the 2 purchase requirement and gives you 4 bonus points for it (which I know are useless).

Last edited by Cochiseguy; 05-03-11 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-03-11, 10:50 PM
Suspended

Hmmm..I just thought of something.I was thinking of enrolling for another account using my Aunts address.Since I want to use PayPal to do so,and the address that PayPal has is my address and not my Aunts,is this possible?
Old 05-04-11, 03:36 AM
Suspended

WeLL,I just enrolled for another account,this time using PayPal.
Unlike the last 2 times I tried to another account,i immediately received the "welcome to the club" email.
Old 05-04-11, 08:42 AM
Cool New Member

Hmmm..I just thought of something.I was thinking of enrolling for another account using my Aunts address.Since I want to use PayPal to do so,and the address that PayPal has is my address and not my Aunts,is this possible?
Well, I remember PayPal displaying confirmed shipping address and no way to uncheck it. Maybe you can add your aunt's address in PayPal first? But it may be easier to just use Bill Me when using your aunt's address or give a credit/debit card.
Old 05-04-11, 07:54 PM
Suspended

My account just went from provisional to "username/password not recognized"and my payment to CH via PayPal is "pending"....rooster suckers..
Old 05-05-11, 12:53 PM

I am seeing website weirdness on CH. I am seeing some pre-orders that the website is allowing me to add to my enrollment queue. I am not enrolling, so I haven't seen whether it gets stopped at some point, but is anyone else seeing evidence that new and pre-order discs are available for enrollment?

I can't believe that this would be true, so I am sure I'm being stupid somehow!
Old 05-05-11, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jhester
I am seeing website weirdness on CH. I am seeing some pre-orders that the website is allowing me to add to my enrollment queue. I am not enrolling, so I haven't seen whether it gets stopped at some point, but is anyone else seeing evidence that new and pre-order discs are available for enrollment?

I can't believe that this would be true, so I am sure I'm being stupid somehow!
List some examples of pre-orders that you see as enrollment titles and I'll try to add them.
Old 05-06-11, 10:15 AM
Cool New Member

I tried adding American Grafitti as an enrollment title and it said Members Only, even though the pre-order price of $16.xx is in the same price range of other titles available for enrollment.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.