DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Codes Part II

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-10, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: CH Enrollment Codes Part II

Originally Posted by rider555
Using the link provided above by Sheky, I enrolled....

Okay...? This is the first time (i think) that i enrolled online and immediately received a welcome email.

Can't help but feeling like they are just teasing me and it'll be another rejection.
Check you account number. If it says "Provisional", you still don't have your acceptance letter to Harvard. It usually takes about 24 hours to know if you are really "in".
Old 08-01-10, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Is this still true?
I hope so.I just placed a BOGO order last night and would love to recycle my account.
From reports in the codes thread CH fixed this glitch and you'll no longer get 2 fulfillments with a single BOGO order.
Old 08-01-10, 06:26 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Check you account number. If it says "Provisional", you still don't have your acceptance letter to Harvard. It usually takes about 24 hours to know if you are really "in".
CH..you bunch of prick teasers.
Old 08-01-10, 11:19 PM
Suspended

Okay CH,I take it back.
Well,after more than 2 and 1/2 years,the curse has finally been lifted!!

I was "blackballed"for ordering more than 2 copies of a particular title.This was due to me not knowing that my enrollment applications had been accepted(they were in limbo for a while so I just assumed that they had been rejected).
So,I eventually ended up with at least 3 copies of several Tartan Asian Extreme titles,all showing up in the same week.
I didn't know if they would ever let me back.I have been using my Aunts address for the last couple of years,but now,finally,they let me back and are shipping to my real address for the first time in a very long time.
Time to open a second account..but don't worry,I have learned my lesson.
Old 08-01-10, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Okay CH,I take it back.
Well,after more than 2 and 1/2 years,the curse has finally been lifted!!

I was "blackballed"for ordering more than 2 copies of a particular title.This was due to me not knowing that my enrollment applications had been accepted(they were in limbo for a while so I just assumed that they had been rejected).
So,I eventually ended up with at least 3 copies of several Tartan Asian Extreme titles,all showing up in the same week.
I didn't know if they would ever let me back.I have been using my Aunts address for the last couple of years,but now,finally,they let me back and are shipping to my real address for the first time in a very long time.
Time to open a second account..but don't worry,I have learned my lesson.
You got blackballed over 3 copies? I routinely order 3, 4, and 5 of certain "hot" titles I know I can flip on half.com, netting me the ones I do want for free.
Old 08-02-10, 01:09 AM
Suspended

Yes....they cancelled my accounts and I had real bitch of time getting accepted again(at this address).
How in the hell do you get away with 5 copies of the same title?
Old 08-02-10, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes....they canceled my accounts and I had real bitch of time getting accepted again(at this address).
How in the hell do you get away with 5 copies of the same title?
If I'm not mistaken, the rules permit up to 10 copies of a single title.
Old 08-02-10, 03:29 AM
Suspended

10....?!
Anyone else care to comment on this?Not that I really want or need 10 copies of Doctor Who:The War Machines,but still..
Old 08-02-10, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the rules permit up to 10 copies of a single title.
I've never seen nor heard of any such rule.

With the caveat that I don't know what the current Columbia House policy is, we used to advise people to avoid ordering more than two copies of the same title, over all accounts, just to be safe. There have been reports of people who've ordered dozens of the same high value titles (for resale) for an extended period of time before finally being blacklisted. An exception to the two copy rule was when multiple copies were ordered in December. CH CSRs have told us that they expect multiple copies to be ordered as gifts then; I've done it myself.

Ordering multiple copies of the same titles over and over is a red flag that one is selling the DVDs, which violates the Columbia House membership agreement (and, perhaps, their contracts with the studios). Whether or not one gets caught depends on someone at CH noticing the orders and flagging the accounts for review.

In the case of rider555's experience, it is likely that the juxtaposition of multiple memberships with the same titles at the same time caused the accounts to be closed and his name and address blacklisted. These decisions are made by people at CH who can't know that the accounts were opened by mistake. This sort of problem is why we used to recommend waiting a few weeks after trying to open an account before trying again, or using different titles for the enrollment. This advice will seem familiar to those of you who have been here a long time.

I don't think cycling of accounts has much value nowadays (which is the reason I refuse to spend the large amount of time to keep up the "Not Yet Available for Enrollment" thread). The DVDs aren't worth much when they can be had on sale at stores for the same $5 or so. The DVD selling market has pretty much collapsed, with most older titles going for a couple of bucks, if that, so it is hard for me to fathom why anyone would want to spend the enormous amount of time and effort to cycle accounts just for selling. And, most of all, the deals at Columbia House just aren't as good or as reliable as they used to be, making optimizing accounts much more difficult than it used to be.

Of course, I long ago switched to BDs, so DVDs have even less value to me. I did pick up a copy of The African Queen DVD over the weekend as a gift for my local library. But I rarely buy DVDs for myself anymore, save for TV on DVD.

My 2¢.
Old 08-02-10, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My experience stated above comes from pre-February days.

During some of the good old B1 get XX% off sales, I would buy one copy of a $19.99 title, and 9 more at XX% off. Why 10? Because when I attempted to add one more of that same title to my cart, the system informed that I had reached my limit. That's why I thought the policy was "no more than 10".
Old 08-05-10, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think you were more than likely blackballed for trying to open that many accounts at once. The limit is 2 accounts (of each account type) so I bet that is what ticked em off... How long did you wait between submitting the 3 applications?
Old 08-17-10, 01:42 AM
Suspended

Can one still enroll on the phone for a DVD account?I would like to try it.
Old 08-17-10, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^You probably can enroll by phone but you would get the poor standard deal. Enrolling on-line using the link to a better deal (YSID=1556) would be more cost-effective:[QUOTE=Sheky;10051394]I just canceled my account and got a "come back" email for 5+1 for $1, buy 2 free Shipping.

This is big YMMV but might worth a try signing up with this URL. This is a partial URL but gets you to the correct deal.

http://www.columbiahouse.com/pages/n....jsp?YSID=1557

YMMV.

EDIT:
Just signed up with http://www.columbiahouse.com/pages/n....jsp?YSID=1556 which is a 6+1 for 49 cents and buy 2 free shipping, NO PSN, bill me later option and got instant approval!

GL HF.

-=>SHEKY
Old 08-17-10, 04:07 PM
Suspended

I have been trying for over a week to get a 2nd account open using the above link,but instead of going to the next step that gives me an option to enter my credit card info...i get this;

Thank You For Your Interest

Thank you for your membership application. Your enrollment package will be sent upon successful processing and verification of your requests. Should you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Department.

Member Service Center
PO Box 6325
Camp Hill, PA 17012-6325
Old 08-17-10, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have been trying for over a week to get a 2nd account open using the above link,but instead of going to the next step that gives me an option to enter my credit card info...i get this;

Thank You For Your Interest

Thank you for your membership application. Your enrollment package will be sent upon successful processing and verification of your requests. Should you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Department.
That's their way of saying "no". You will get no further than that. No one will be processing and verifying your request. No enrollment package will be sent. Customer Service will not help you.

Check to make sure you don't have two accounts currently open at that address. If you do, the system will automatically generate that message. If you don't, clear your cookies and try again.

If you still have no luck, you can try a trick that's worked for me: add an "A" or a "-A" after the number in your street address. I know the master CH questions thread cautions against this sort of shenanigans, and it may get you blackballed for the rest of your natural life, but as I said, it's worked for me.

Tread lightly young grasshopper, and if you do get blackballed, may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 08-17-10, 07:43 PM
Suspended

I was blackballed for over 2 years.I finally got an account opened a couple of weeks a go.So,i only have 1 account(DVD Club).
I cleared my cookies..still no go.
Why would adding an A or -A cause one to get blackballed?
Old 08-17-10, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was blackballed for over 2 years.I finally got an account opened a couple of weeks a go.So,i only have 1 account(DVD Club).
I cleared my cookies..still no go.
Why would adding an A or -A cause one to get blackballed?
Because it's obvious your are intentionally trying to get around the restrictions they have placed on your address.
Old 08-17-10, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

That's their way of saying "no". You will get no further than that. No one will be processing and verifying your request. No enrollment package will be sent. Customer Service will not help you.

Check to make sure you don't have two accounts currently open at that address. If you do, the system will automatically generate that message. If you don't, clear your cookies and try again.

If you still have no luck, you can try a trick that's worked for me: add an "A" or a "-A" after the number in your street address. I know the master CH questions thread cautions against this sort of shenanigans, and it may get you blackballed for the rest of your natural life, but as I said, it's worked for me.

Tread lightly young grasshopper, and if you do get blackballed, may God have mercy on your soul.
It's also possible that this is their way of saying the code/offer is no longer valid.

Has anyone joined with either link in the past 2 *days*? I'd be willing to try but I already have 2 open accounts.
Old 08-17-10, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've tried and got the same message
Old 08-17-10, 10:23 PM
Suspended

Nick,were using the same code?Do you already have 2 accounts?

I tried one of the other codes(i think this was buy 5 for a dollar each get 6th for $9.95)and got the same damn message.
Old 08-18-10, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
It's also possible that this is their way of saying the code/offer is no longer valid.

Has anyone joined with either link in the past 2 *days*? I'd be willing to try but I already have 2 open accounts.
Originally Posted by Nickofdoom
I've tried and got the same message
I tried one of the other codes (I think this was buy 5 for a dollar each get 6th for $9.95) and got the same damn message.
It may in fact be, that the 6 for .49 each has been discontinued.

I just received an e-mail today for a 5 for $1 each w/free ship, but there was no option for a 6th @ $9.95. So, the commitment remains at 3. I didn't complete the enrollment, as I currently have 2 open accounts. Here is the link:

5 for $5
Old 08-18-10, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used the 1556 link two weeks ago and had absolutely no problems whatsoever with having the appilcation approved. This code is a 7 enrollments for $12.89 with two to buy in two years variety.
Old 08-18-10, 11:20 PM
Suspended

Yep,I used that 1556 link and got an account open and so did my brother.Have tried it at least 10 times since and can't get jack.
I will try it one more time and if it doesn't work than I will try the "5 for $5" and this time,I'll try using my Visa debit card.
Old 08-19-10, 03:10 AM
Suspended

I tried again,choosing to pay with my Visa,and got the same damn "thank you for your interest" bullshit.
Old 08-19-10, 03:47 AM
Suspended

Well,it just keeps getting more frustrating.I would also like to get a second TV account,but now,it wont even give me an option to enter a user name!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.