Re: CH Enrollment Codes Part II

Originally Posted by kenichi tanaka
I'm pretty sure it does.

Link?
Old 03-09-10, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

So since the new site/enrollment deal began, has the "lost applications" problem been fixed at least? Are people even joining the standard (non-TV) club any more to find out? I'm still milking the one open membership I've had for a very long time, and am looking for any good news. If they offer nothing but crappy enrollment deals AND lose my apps, well... there's only so much a guy can take.
Old 03-09-10, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I signed up for a TV club account right after the new changeover.
I can still log in with the username and password I created, but the account says "provisional" (which I assume means 'in process' or something similar).
However, I never received anything from CH other than the one instant email for signing up.
So I guess lost apps are not improved... at least not for me.
Old 03-09-10, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS
...So I guess lost apps are not improved... at least not for me.
Looks to be a YMWV situation. I hadn't been able to get a TV account @ one of my addresses for years - even after waiting months between attempts. Since the switch, I'm 2-for-2.

Come on B1G1 BR & Free S&H.
Old 03-09-10, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Anyone know of a magazine that has a CH app in it currently?
Old 03-09-10, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thejester

Come on B1G1 BR & Free S&H.

Keep up that positive thinking!
Old 03-15-10, 07:42 PM

I just canceled my account and got a "come back" email for 5+1 for $1, buy 2 free Shipping.

This is big YMMV but might worth a try signing up with this URL. This is a partial URL but gets you to the correct deal.

http://www.columbiahouse.com/pages/n....jsp?YSID=1557

YMMV.

EDIT:
Just signed up with http://www.columbiahouse.com/pages/n....jsp?YSID=1556 which is a 6+1 for 49 cents and buy 2 free shipping, NO PSN, bill me later option and got instant approval!

GL HF.

-=>SHEKY

Last edited by Sheky; 03-15-10 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-15-10, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks to FrehleyCat, he appears to have figured out the new enrollment code scheme.

Check out this thread...
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/5...ent-links.html

If I get approved, I'm going to be adding more info to the dataminer thread, thanks FrehleyCat!
Old 03-15-10, 11:02 PM

[QUOTE=Sheky;10051394]I just canceled my account and got a "come back" email for 5+1 for $1, buy 2 free Shipping.

This is big YMMV but might worth a try signing up with this URL. This is a partial URL but gets you to the correct deal.

http://www.columbiahouse.com/pages/n....jsp?YSID=1557

YMMV.

EDIT:
Just signed up with http://www.columbiahouse.com/pages/n....jsp?YSID=1556 which is a 6+1 for 49 cents and buy 2 free shipping, NO PSN, bill me later option and got instant approval!

GL HF.

-=>SHEKY
Old 03-16-10, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by basaro
Thanks to FrehleyCat, he appears to have figured out the new enrollment code scheme.

Check out this thread...
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/5...ent-links.html

If I get approved, I'm going to be adding more info to the dataminer thread, thanks FrehleyCat!
As I mentioned in the other thread my application was approved within hours. Things are looking up!
Old 03-16-10, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wkkunkle
What is PSN?
Preferred Status Number, an old account number. Many Columbia House enrollment codes required them to show that you had been a member in good standing before. It seems unlikely that the new system is set up with a similar requirement and so far that appears to be the case.
Old 03-16-10, 07:06 PM

^ Thanks, Lizard. Now that you mention it, I remember reading about PSNs in a FAQ thread here.
Old 03-16-10, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^^This could be due to CH changing all the account numbers to be shorter. The old ones wouldn't be recognized by the new system.
Old 04-29-10, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

whats the best deal for a new TV membership?
Old 04-29-10, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So far, with the "new" website, the only deal for the TV club is the standard deal offered to everyone.
Still not too bad though... buy 2 sets for $10 each and need to buy 2 movies to fulfill.
Old 04-29-10, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So far, with the "new" website, the only deal for the TV club is the standard deal offered to everyone.
Still not too bad though... buy 2 sets for $10 each and need to buy 2 movies to fulfill.

Even better since lately they have been counting the free movie of a BOGO order as a fulfillment. One BOGO order and your account is fulfilled.
Old 04-29-10, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Even better since lately they have been counting the free movie of a BOGO order as a fulfillment. One BOGO order and your account is fulfilled.
Very true, though I don't like to advise signing up upon that premise sinse it could end at any moment.
I have fulfilled 5 accounts so far with the 1_to_fulfill scenario.
Old 04-29-10, 01:41 PM
Cool New Member

Has anybody else signed up for an account, but not able to sign in anymore? This has happened to me twice now, once with a tv account that I already made an order. I know the account got approved because I got a notice saying that my dvds have shipped. The other was a dvd account that I signed up for on Tuesday, signed into yesterday morning, but now I'm not able to sign in.
Old 04-29-10, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

I just joined the TV Club on Tuesday and have been able to sign in ever since.
Old 04-29-10, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by erikthedude
Has anybody else signed up for an account, but not able to sign in anymore? This has happened to me twice now, once with a tv account that I already made an order. I know the account got approved because I got a notice saying that my dvds have shipped. The other was a dvd account that I signed up for on Tuesday, signed into yesterday morning, but now I'm not able to sign in.
When they first updated the sites, I had trouble signing in because I was going to columbiahouse.com to sign in to my TV club account. That all cleared up when I realized that columbiahouse.com and columbiahousetv.com are entirely different sites.
Old 04-29-10, 06:59 PM
Cool New Member

^Ya I know I'm signing into the correct website. It may be a glitch or something. I tried to email them but it won't go through. It just keeps saying that I am missing required info. I think something may be wrong because I emailed them Sunday to cancel one of my accounts and it is still open. Oh well I guess I'll just wait to see if I ever get my enrollments. I hope the fulfillment glitch is still working.
Old 05-01-10, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Very true, though I don't like to advise signing up upon that premise sinse it could end at any moment.
I have fulfilled 5 accounts so far with the 1_to_fulfill scenario.

FWIW, this glitch is still working. I just placed a BOGO order and it counted as two fulfillments.
Old 07-31-10, 03:02 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Is this still true?
I hope so.I just placed a BOGO order last night and would love to recycle my account.
Old 07-31-10, 04:33 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Using the link provided above by Sheky,I enrolled and instead of the usual email telling me something about,"as it stands now,your enrollment is under review"(only to later be rejected the last half dozen times i tried getting a new account..)I get this:

Welcome to Columbia HouseŽ!

Dear adam,

We're delighted to welcome you to Columbia HouseŽ!

Now that you've joined, we look forward to sharing the most exciting and entertaining films and TV shows on DVD or Blu-rayŽ.

You can expect us to be in touch with you by email
when we have a great deal or recommendation to share with you.

Once again, welcome to the Club. Your enrollment offer should be arriving shortly.

Okay...?This is the first time(i think)that i enrolled online and immediately received a welcome email.

Can't help but feeling like they are just teasing me and it'll be another rejection.
Old 07-31-10, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rider555
Okay...?This is the first time(i think)that i enrolled online and immediately received a welcome email.

Can't help but feeling like they are just teasing me and it'll be another rejection.
I know how you feel. At one of my addresses, I couldn't get anything approved for a year plus. Never had a problem with any of the accounts previously at the address, CH simply stopped approving them. Did one/two+ months between attempts - all failures. New CH site come online and first one I tried, I got approval email. Go figure.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.