DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Can you Cancel online?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-06, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Can you Cancel online?

Hello All,

Was wondering, once you fufilled, can you cancel online? ANd is there anyway to carry the funcash foward? or do I have to use them or lose them.

Thanks
Old 10-25-06, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To cancel... Help > 12. Can't find your answer here? > Go to the contact us page. > Select a subject > Cancel Membership.

On Funcash, some have had success in getting it rolled over in the past but I have no clue what it's like at this point. Suppose you could call em' and give it a try.
Old 10-25-06, 11:45 PM

TV Club accounts still have the old method that lets you cancel online. For the regular DVD club, you need to do it by phone, though it's automated and very easy now.

1-800-262-2001

#1 for English
#5 for other options
#5 to cancel
enter acct. # (they'll then say your funcash balance)
#2 to continue
#4 for "other" reason

That's it.

As far as transferring your funcash, it's officially not allowed and it's much harder than it used to be to get a CSR to do it for you, but a couple people have been able to. If it's a small amount, it's not really worth the effort, and there's also no point in trying to transfer a large amount, since you can redeem it year round now. So basically use it or lose it.
Old 10-26-06, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by legend42
For the regular DVD club, you need to do it by phone.
No, you don't. I explained how to cancel online in the post above.
Old 10-26-06, 12:55 PM
Banned

Can you cancel online? Sometimes. For a while, trying to cancel online only got you a phone number to call, where a CSR would try to sell you something else while cancelling your account. Then out of nowhere I was able to cancel online again, but now it's gone again. Fortunately, there's an automated cancelling option for calling now.

Considering the nature of CH, it makes sense that they like to bring chaos to order.
Old 10-26-06, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago
To cancel... Help > 12. Can't find your answer here? > Go to the contact us page. > Select a subject > Cancel Membership.
Originally Posted by Legolas
but now it's gone again

Um...

12. Can't find your answer here?

is not

13. How do I cancel my membership?

Why is this so hard to understand?
Old 10-26-06, 04:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago

Um...

12. Can't find your answer here?

is not

13. How do I cancel my membership?

Why is this so hard to understand?
Why are you being such an asshole about it? I'm telling you that when I go to cancel online, instead of giving me the option to actually cancel it's telling me to call them to do it.

Two accounts ago I was able to cancel online, but the option wasn't showing up with the last account I cancelled. Maybe the next time I try to cancel the online option will be back. In case you haven't bothered to read previous posts, and it's obvious you haven't, the online cancel option has vanished from the site before.

And I thought AICN posters were pathetic typical internet stereotypes.
Old 10-26-06, 06:05 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

I usually just shoot them an email and it's as easy as that
Old 10-26-06, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dude, if that's the case then my bad... I've read the previous posts and I'm telling ya, the option has never vanished from any of my 36 accounts by following the method that I posted. And I just checked it 10 minutes ago. Yes, when one clicks on "How do I cancel my membership?" you have no option but to call. That was not always the case, I'm aware of that.

Are you saying that when you click on "can't find your answer here?", "select a subject", "cancel membership" that it will not let you submit an email to CH? Does it re-direct you to a different screen or something. Or is it just not an option?

Maybe I'm just lucky...

As for why am I being such an asshole about it... The OP asked. I answered. And two forum members came along and posted that it can't be done. I know damn well that it CAN be done, I've cancelled ALL of my 35 previous accounts online. So, yeah...

But whatever.
Old 10-27-06, 01:39 AM
Suspended

[email protected]

try this email, it's what i use to cancel. and it's pretty quick, usually takes them under 2 days to respond.
Old 10-27-06, 09:15 AM

Wow, this discussion escalated. That was my fault. I shouldn't have said you "need" to do it by phone. I just think now that the phone process is automated and quick, it's easier to do it that way. But yes, you can still do it by e-mail through the site also, the way Zhivago explained.

Though I did have one get returned to me as undeliverable recently, so if you do it that way and don't get a confirmation from them, make sure to check about a week later whether it got canceled.