Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

BOGO Free ALIVE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-06, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
If you want the absolute lowest price per DVD, then you should close your account right away. Enroll-Fulfill with a BOGO code-Cancel-Repeat. I personally like to keep one account open so that I'll have access to the website.
Even though I currently have multiple accounts open now, I'm still receiving these We Want You Back! offers by postal mail. They all have old account numbers and I've already re-opened accounts online to take their place.
Old 08-14-06, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Could you please post what you ordered? I have tried a zillion different 3.98/4.26/4.98 titles, and NONE are free with 808966. The only way I could get one free would be with the B4G1F (which ended), or if I bought a title with a regular price of 19.95+. I have a TV Club account, if that matters....

I was replying (belatedly) to your earlier post, which when you posted it there were 2 codes in effect - 808966 for bogof and a b4gof that was there when I logged into my account. So, when I logged in and changed the offer to 808966 I chose a $19.95 title for my fulfillment and another one for free. Then when I added 2 more (used $3.98 and $4.98 titles to keep my average low) I was entitled to another one free according to the other code. Hence a free $3.98 or $4.98 title. For 2 examples of this please see my earlier post about this (on the 3rd page I think or 2nd). I don't think the b4gof offer still works since we had the free shipping code this weekend.
Anyway, that's why I was curious about what and why kenbenobi only ordered 4 titles because if he/she had added one more it would've been b5g2f and free shipping like I did for my 2 fulfillment orders.
Old 08-14-06, 09:21 PM

Would it be smart to pickup The West Wing: Season 2 and then a Criterion (Red Shoes, Hearts and Minds, or The Ruling Class?)? I'm not getting the free shipping for the set, so the total comes to $46.45, but it also counts as 2 towards fulfillment. Can someone tell me if there's a better way to go about getting The West Wing sets, or is this the best way? Also, does anyone have a breakdown of price per DVD if I enrolled with 7:2 and fulfill with a set?
Old 08-15-06, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by sotra
I was replying (belatedly) to your earlier post, which when you posted it there were 2 codes in effect - 808966 for bogof and a b4gof that was there when I logged into my account. So, when I logged in and changed the offer to 808966 I chose a $19.95 title for my fulfillment and another one for free. Then when I added 2 more (used $3.98 and $4.98 titles to keep my average low) I was entitled to another one free according to the other code. Hence a free $3.98 or $4.98 title. For 2 examples of this please see my earlier post about this (on the 3rd page I think or 2nd). I don't think the b4gof offer still works since we had the free shipping code this weekend.
Anyway, that's why I was curious about what and why kenbenobi only ordered 4 titles because if he/she had added one more it would've been b5g2f and free shipping like I did for my 2 fulfillment orders.
I wish I would've known there was a simultaneous B1G1F and B4G1F. I read through all the posts and totally missed that part. When I read this latest post, I found 4 more $3.98/$4.98 DVDs I wanted + 1 for free. I had them in my cart and was checking out when it showed free shipping. I entered my credit card info and came back to the total page, and then it added almost $11 shipping! I tried many times and couldn't get free shipping to show up again, so I didn't order. I forgot it changes on their time zone rather than mine, and the offer only said 11:59 PM without mentioning time zone.

Last edited by Manzana; 08-15-06 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-15-06, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Free shipping weekend is over. I don't know how long the BOGO code will work but I just did 2 pre-orders and got 1 FREE. It's RV and that technically comes out today, 8/15. I chose Over The Hedge as the other pre-order, shipping 10/17.

Standard shipping of $4.98+tax.
Old 08-15-06, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
That's good strategy because neither one of those titles will ever be available as an enrollment selection.
That was my reason for getting these as well. I would normally cringe at paying more than $6 per DVD from CH, but sometimes you need to take advantage of these occasional "specials"
Old 08-15-06, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sotra
Ah, that explains it. Yeah, you only got a 2nd title free because you had a 19.95 title in your order. With an order solely comprised of cheap titles, the most you could get was one free (with B4G1F). Now it is not possible to get one free at all, since that deal ended... Just the standard BOGOF one, which requires a title with a regular price of 19.95+
Old 08-15-06, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Ah, that explains it. Yeah, you only got a 2nd title free because you had a 19.95 title in your order. With an order solely comprised of cheap titles, the most you could get was one free (with B4G1F). Now it is not possible to get one free at all, since that deal ended... Just the standard BOGOF one, which requires a title with a regular price of 19.95+
I'm still showing the B4G1F banner when I log in. Standard shipping now applies and that kinda kills the deal.

The way they word it, you "get a FREE DVD on orders of 4 or more". So if you order only 4, shouldn't you get one of those FREE?
Old 08-15-06, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by rolandbozz
Would it be smart to pickup The West Wing: Season 2 and then a Criterion (Red Shoes, Hearts and Minds, or The Ruling Class?)? I'm not getting the free shipping for the set, so the total comes to $46.45, but it also counts as 2 towards fulfillment. Can someone tell me if there's a better way to go about getting The West Wing sets, or is this the best way?
Yes, that's the best way. It's highly doubtful that boxsets will garner free shipping with any deal, so it's best just to look at the shipping costs as part of the price. But even with the $6.99 s/h you're getting a superb deal.

Also, does anyone have a breakdown of price per DVD if I enrolled with 7:2 and fulfill with a set?
Lizard has a good formula posted somewhere that is very useful for calculating the relative price of sets. There are variables like sales tax, B1G1 and other deals, the exact price of your fulfillments, etc. but a quick method is to just take your total amount spent and divide.

Let's say you get your West Wing and free Criterion, and find a couple titles in the $3.98 sale you like (most of which sell for $9 lowest online price) to get the free shipping on the non-set DVDs. Including enrollments and fulfillments, you've spent a total of $67.80 (assuming the webdvd coupon and no tax) for 11 DVDs. That's $6.16 per DVD, and that includes a $25 Criterion and a $40 boxset! You can't do much better than that.
Old 08-15-06, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rolandbozz
Would it be smart to pickup The West Wing: Season 2 and then a Criterion (Red Shoes, Hearts and Minds, or The Ruling Class?)? I'm not getting the free shipping for the set, so the total comes to $46.45, but it also counts as 2 towards fulfillment. Can someone tell me if there's a better way to go about getting The West Wing sets, or is this the best way?
YES! Buying sets as fulfillments, especially ones priced at $39.95 or more (counts for two fulfillments), is the cheapest way to get them, usually by a wide margin. All of the fulfillments on my last dozen accounts have been sets.
Also, does anyone have a breakdown of price per DVD if I enrolled with 7:2 and fulfill with a set?
I have explained how to do the "relative cost" calculations in some detail in this post.
Old 08-15-06, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
I wish I would've known there was a simultaneous B1G1F and B4G1F. I read through all the posts and totally missed that part. When I read this latest post, I found 4 more $3.98/$4.98 DVDs I wanted + 1 for free. I had them in my cart and was checking out when it showed free shipping. I entered my credit card info and came back to the total page, and then it added almost $11 shipping! I tried many times and couldn't get free shipping to show up again, so I didn't order. I forgot it changes on their time zone rather than mine, and the offer only said 11:59 PM without mentioning time zone.
Unfortunateky you snooze you lose on these deals. I've discovered that many times before. So, this time I ordered ASAP.
Old 08-15-06, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
This is all true, but I couldn't resist the deal for V for Vendetta SE and War of the Worlds LE for only $19.xx or so.
I no longer see the pending charge for these on my bankcard. I ordered them on Friday night too. No shipping/cancellation notice either.

Edit: I still see it "pending" in my order history.

Last edited by Xbox69; 08-15-06 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-16-06, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Xbox69
I no longer see the pending charge for these on my bankcard. I ordered them on Friday night too. No shipping/cancellation notice either.

Edit: I still see it "pending" in my order history.
Ok, maybe just a little impatient. I received a shipping notice (8/15) this morning and the real charges are now posted on my card.
Old 08-16-06, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Poseidon Special Edition (Pre-Order) $23

Escape From New York [Special Edition] $0.00
Widescreen 3042801

Chucky: The Killer Collection (Pre-Order) $23
Widescreen 4526208

Midnight Cowboy Collector's Edition 4360806 $0.00

Platoon 20Th Anniversary Edition $0.00
Widescreen 4427407

Scarface Platinum Edition (Pre-Order) $20
Widescreen 4551305

V for Vendetta Special Edition $0.00
Widescreen 4450409

Kinda suck cuz the shipping & handing is $15
Old 08-16-06, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Xbox69
Ok, maybe just a little impatient. I received a shipping notice (8/15) this morning and the real charges are now posted on my card.
I got the shipping confirmation for the two today also. I hope that I helped out a few other people here by pointing out that deal.