Reload this Page >

TV Edition Club, Discussion thread

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

TV Edition Club, Discussion thread

Old 09-27-07, 10:03 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by JorgeC
My first post..wow, so glad I found this forum. I signed up with the HDL code and got B5 Season 1 and Crusade both for $9.95!
Welcome!
Old 09-27-07, 10:22 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Trying to apply right now, at the final screen keep gettting a "gateway timeout" error.

I'll try again in a week just in case the ap somehow went thru.
Old 09-27-07, 04:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor
Trying to apply right now, at the final screen keep gettting a "gateway timeout" error.

I'll try again in a week just in case the ap somehow went thru.
Are you using the link from the first post or going to it manually?
Old 09-27-07, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FWIW, The HDL link seems to work fine for me.
Old 09-27-07, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just about every show I want is marked "Members Only". I cleared cookies and got the same result.
Old 09-27-07, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts
Originally Posted by New Rambler
Just about every show I want is marked "Members Only". I cleared cookies and got the same result.
If you're getting a search box then you're looking at the CH-DVD club and NOT the CH-TV on DVD club. The TV club signup page does not allow you to search for titles. You may only choose from the selections offered. There is a link on the right side of the main CH page under the BMG offer link that takes you to the TV on DVD club signup page. Once there, put the HDL code in the "Do you have a savings code" box (or use the link in Lizard's post above). This will get you 2 sets for $9.95 with 2 to fulfill. Otherwise you'll get the standard 2 sets for $19.95 with 5 to fulfill.

If you want an easier way to see what is currently available, check out the "TV EDITION - Available For Enrollment List - Read 1st post before posting!" sticky here.
Old 09-27-07, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you haven't checked out the "Available For Enrollment" sticky lately, you should. Brian has updated it with a new, scrolling, list window for each enrollment type. Very nice!
Old 10-04-07, 06:38 PM

I'm wanting to open a second TV club account while having 1 regular account , is this possible?
Old 10-05-07, 09:31 AM

Do the savings codes (like B1G1 with free S/H) that work in the regular DVD club also work in the TV Edition club? That is, would the exact same code give the exact same bargain? I'm not talking about enrollment codes, I'm talking about sale codes after you have already enrolled. Thanks.
Old 10-05-07, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by moonraker
Do the savings codes (like B1G1 with free S/H) that work in the regular DVD club also work in the TV Edition club? That is, would the exact same code give the exact same bargain? I'm not talking about enrollment codes, I'm talking about sale codes after you have already enrolled. Thanks.
Yes!
Old 10-05-07, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by tnfsgag
I'm wanting to open a second TV club account while having 1 regular account , is this possible?
Yes it is. While CH policy could change, members of this forum have routinely been able to have two regular club accounts and two TV Edition accounts open at the same time.
Old 10-05-07, 02:35 PM

Stupid question for you , can you use the same e-mail address as one of your other accounts???
Old 10-05-07, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tnfsgag
Stupid question for you , can you use the same e-mail address as one of your other accounts???
Yes!
Old 10-07-07, 04:45 AM

ch

are there any ch tv club codes that do not require giving credit card info online?
Old 10-07-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Not to my knowledge for on-line applications. (If someone who has applied recently did not have to use a credit card, please say so.)

You could try a phone order (the offers aren't as good as HDL) and ask the CSR to make the account "Bill Me".

Or you could call or write and ask for a mail-in application. Those tend to not require credit cards but, again, the offers aren't as good as HDL.
Old 10-15-07, 01:26 PM

List of titles available after membership

I apologize if it is listed on one of the pages, but I hvae gone back and forth, scanning, and all I see is the HDL listing. Thanks.
Old 10-15-07, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by zag001a
List of titles available after membership
I apologize if it is listed on one of the pages, but I hvae gone back and forth, scanning, and all I see is the HDL listing. Thanks.
Once you are accepted as a member, you have access to the full Columbia House catalog of thousands of DVD titles. You can search for titles yourself by going to the columbiahouse.com website, selecting "join now" as if you were joining the regular DVD club, and then using the search window. While a TV Edition membership is a different club, fulfilling it is exactly the same as with the regular DVD club.
Old 10-15-07, 04:22 PM

DVD titles as a member

Sorry Lizard, if I wasn't clear. I meant a data miner database to download for those titles available. One there is for the regular CH DVD club. The titles are alphabetized and very tedious to look thru. Just wondering if there is a standing list like the Enrollment only. Thank you again. zag
Old 10-15-07, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^There used to be one and it is a sticky:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=279483
But it is way out of date. The latest update is at:
http://saladbarscam.com:85/web/ch.nsf/news?openview
It is a text file from December 2006
Old 10-16-07, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by zag001a
Sorry Lizard, if I wasn't clear. I meant a data miner database to download for those titles available. One there is for the regular CH DVD club. The titles are alphabetized and very tedious to look thru. Just wondering if there is a standing list like the Enrollment only. Thank you again. zag
There is no difference in DVDs offered in the regular club or the TV Edition club, once one is a member, so I don't understand your statement "one there is for the regular CH DVD club."

The data miner lists are very out of date. The reason is that it takes a lot of work and bandwidth to write and run a data miner program. And it became unnecessary once Columbia House started allowing a search for titles on the enrollment web site.

While it would be a convenience to have a data miner list of all of the thousands of DVDs at Columbia House, it isn't strictly necessary because one can look up titles to buy on the CH website. Unless someone steps forward with the requisite programming skills and broadband internet connection, it isn't going to happen. Sorry.
Old 11-02-07, 01:34 AM

I just joined the TV Edition of CH and I got 5 TV sets for .49 each with free shipping and my first DVD for my membership for 14.95 and a 6th TV set for 9.95, for a total of 27.35, i got these titles

CSI Crime Scene Investigation Season 1 and 2
Friends Season 1 and 2
Leave It To Beaver Season 1
Mama's Family Season 1
Saved by The Bell Season 1 and 2

I thought this was a great deal and I only have to buy 4 more in the next 2 years.
Old 11-02-07, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^You were not using a TV Edition enrollment code if you got such an offer. No, Columbia House won't send you 6 TV sets as enrollments. Many have tried. None have succeeded.

The best offer going is HDL, as mentioned in the first post in this thread.
Old 11-02-07, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

just applied via HDL, picked up:

Planet Earth: The Complete Series
Saved By The Bell Seasons 1 and 2

hopefully i'll get approved.
Old 11-02-07, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
just applied via HDL, picked up:

Planet Earth: The Complete Series
Saved By The Bell Seasons 1 and 2

hopefully i'll get approved.
I wish you better luck than I'm currently having-I submitted 2 applications in the last month and they now reside in the Bermuda Triangle!
Old 11-02-07, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I wish you better luck than I'm currently having-I submitted 2 applications in the last month and they now reside in the Bermuda Triangle!
this is like my 5th time applying for a tv account in about a year and i've never been approved.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.