TV Edition Club, Discussion thread

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

TV Edition Club, Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When do new Seasons such as Stargate 10 usually show up at CH?
Old 07-17-07, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ It is hard to say. At one time it was possible to pre-order earlier seasons. But with MGM changing hands, it is difficult to predict whether or when Columbia House will carry Season 10.
Old 08-02-07, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Speaking of Stargate, are the SG1 sets from CH the slimcases or the older bulkier ones?{cause I'm not really fond of the slimcases}
Old 08-03-07, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They have Season 10 now.
Old 08-08-07, 06:43 PM

I applied on Sunday, first tv account. My card is still showing a 9.95 hold on it but no acceptance email yet. I see a few of you only had to wait a few days for an acceptance email, what is the longest anyone has waited for confirmation of acceptance?
Used the HDL code by the way.
Old 08-08-07, 09:04 PM

Sometimes you never get the acceptance email, however if the charge in your account changes to a permanant charge than you have been accepted, you just never know with Columbia House.
Old 08-13-07, 09:20 AM

Ughg 9.95 was put back on my card, ughgh, have to apply again! have not been having good luck with applications lately, and im fairly new!
Old 08-13-07, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^ same thing happened to me. Pretty bizzare seeing as it would have been my first CH account.
Old 09-05-07, 03:46 PM

I'm ready to close out my TV account and open a new one. Just a few questions:

1. How do I close my existing account online? I'm looking around but don't see it....
2. How long should I wait before reapplying?
3. Is HDL still the best code?

Thanks!
Old 09-05-07, 03:48 PM

Ok, I just answered my first question! Finally found the place on the website.
Old 09-05-07, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts
Originally Posted by ESG927
I'm ready to close out my TV account and open a new one. Just a few questions:

1. How do I close my existing account online? I'm looking around but don't see it....
2. How long should I wait before reapplying?
3. Is HDL still the best code?

Thanks!
You can have 2 open accounts (in each club) at a time. If the one you just closed was your only TV account don't wait. The only time I've waited is when I've had 2 open accounts and closed one or both. Once closed, wait until you can no longer log in. This is usually from 1-5 days.

HDL is still the best code.
Old 09-06-07, 06:40 AM

Thanks for the answers!

Looking through the site yesterday, I realized some of the titles I want aren't available as enrollment....something I had forgotten. But i think I found two I'd like. But if I order a 3rd title, is that title restricted to those available only for enrollment or can it be any title?
Old 09-09-07, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^I don't quite understand the question. If you enroll with HDL you get two sets for $9.95; there is no third selection needed. All enrollment selections must be from the limited list on the website, which B York keeps updated in the "TV EDITION - Available For Enrollment List" stickied to the top of the forum.

Getting accounts accepted with HDL, especially when one has had TV Edition accounts before, can be difficult and may take numerous attempts.
Old 09-10-07, 07:31 AM

I have tried a few times now with HDL and nothing yet.
Old 09-10-07, 05:07 PM

I'm wanting to join (at the same time as having CH) , and was wondering if the home page was the same as the CH page? And , can I use CH codes on movie dvds? Please answer soon as I plan on signing up now!!!
Old 09-11-07, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ You can get to the TV edition page by linking from the columbiahouse.com home page. The link is the "TV on DVD" one on the right side of the page.

TV Edition enrollment codes are different from the regular club codes. HDL is the best but there are several others. Using a regular club code on the TV Edition web page will lead to a denied application (no, you can't get six free sets, with three fulfillments; many have tried, none have succeeded).

For fulfilling a TV Edition account, you can use any DVDs that cost $19.95 or more. And, yes, you can use sale offer codes, such as BOGOF.

If you haven't already done so, you ought to read the first post in this thread.
Old 09-11-07, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
If you haven't already done so, you ought to read the first post in this thread.
Thanks , I already had , I was wondering if they were like two completely different sites though... And about the CH codes , I knew the enrollments wouldn't work on TV , but if they were the same site ( which I now know they are ) , I now know BOGO codes and such work.....

Thanks again Lizard!
Old 09-12-07, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For fulfilling a TV Edition account, you can use any DVDs that cost $19.95 or more. And, yes, you can use sale offer codes, such as BOGOF.
I saw in the details of a BOGO code I put in that I can't get Sets for free. Does that mean I can't put in 2 TV shows and get one for free? I've tried various shows and none of them show up for free.
Old 09-13-07, 05:13 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
I saw in the details of a BOGO code I put in that I can't get Sets for free. Does that mean I can't put in 2 TV shows and get one for free? I've tried various shows and none of them show up for free.
A set generally consists of 3 discs or more and can't be used as part of a BOGO, neither can sets that are "special club price" either. Basically when it comes to the TV club the best thing to do is use a BOGO and p[urchase regaular DVD's to close out the account since shipping will kill a lot of deals.
Old 09-13-07, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
A set generally consists of 3 discs or more and can't be used as part of a BOGO, neither can sets that are "special club price" either. Basically when it comes to the TV club the best thing to do is use a BOGO and p[urchase regaular DVD's to close out the account since shipping will kill a lot of deals.
That is what I figured, but I decided to ask anyways just to be sure. Thanks for the answer!
Old 09-13-07, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^While you can't get a set for free, if you buy a set you can get a regular DVD for free. Those who buy sets as fulfillments often get a two disc SE, Criterion, or something similar as the freebie. Not as good as getting a set but still a decent deal.
Old 09-13-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lizard
^While you can't get a set for free, if you buy a set you can get a regular DVD for free. Those who buy sets as fulfillments often get a two disc SE, Criterion, or something similar as the freebie. Not as good as getting a set but still a decent deal.
That's what I figured. I was surprised no one else asked that question in this thread. Thanks!
Old 09-17-07, 11:41 AM

I was approved on the 13th , and for some reason I haven't received a shipping e-mail for my enrollments , is it safe to assume they've been shipped? When I joined the regular club I received my enrollments before the shipping e-mail.
Old 09-17-07, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^It is not usual to get a shipping e-mail for enrollments. Columbia House considers enrollment selections to be promotions and doesn't list them in one's account history nor do they send shipping e-mails for them. You might get a shipping e-mail for a regular club enrollment package because the "bonus" selection for $9.95 is technically a commitment purchase.
Old 09-26-07, 06:27 PM

My first post..wow, so glad I found this forum. I signed up with the HDL code and got B5 Season 1 and Crusade both for $9.95!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.