DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

TV Edition Club, Discussion thread

Old 08-03-08, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't been in the tv club since I finished up one two years ago, I think.

I could have sworn back then that there was a page with a link to the shows that listed the available for enrollment MSRPs on the tv shows helping you choose shows that you'd be saving more on.

Is that still around?

Thanks.
Old 08-03-08, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I haven't been in the tv club since I finished up one two years ago, I think.

I could have sworn back then that there was a page with a link to the shows that listed the available for enrollment MSRPs on the tv shows helping you choose shows that you'd be saving more on.

Is that still around?

Thanks.
I remember the one you're referring to. I haven't seen it in a while, but here's a link to one that has everything (many thanks to Basaro!). Since it's alphabetized, it's easy to look through and find the TV on DVD sets. The list price and CH's price is the last info in each product listing. Hope this helps.

http://saladbarscam.com:85/web/ch.nsf/0/77BCC1170445DB408525748A007173BC/$FILE/ch_071408.txt

Last edited by leeta; 08-04-08 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-04-08, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Answered my own question.

Because of the talk here, I tried HDL 2 days ago, and just got the "Welcome to the DVD club" email, and I have the double-charge on my credit card (one should fall off, and the other go through, if they follow the same pattern as they used to).

Prior to this, I have had nothing but "lost" applications over the last (at least) 6 months for both (including CH.com, all three) clubs. I was more interested in another TV club account, so I never bothered with trying a phone enrollment (HDL doesn't work over the phone).

So, HDL does still work, as of today!
Old 08-04-08, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

Congrats.
Old 08-05-08, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cheato
This is not necessarily true; maybe you can clarify. If you "just" tried it, then I'm not sure if you know if it worked yet.
It "worked" when you receive your selections, or at least get the email saying "Welcome to the TV club!" Did that happen?
I received my "Welcome To The Club" e-mail so it definitely works! I also use Firefox.
Old 08-06-08, 04:45 PM

Thanks everyone. Got HDL to work on Monday and my welcome email came today.
Old 10-20-08, 04:18 PM

I got HDL to work also. Signed up on Thurs and got welcome email on Sunday.
Old 11-12-08, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

applied on 11/10 with HDL and got my enrollment email today. picked up weeds season 3 and 30 rock season 1.
Old 12-02-08, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Signed up Saturday with HDL and was accepted today!

The best part, check out my enrollments:

Scooby-Doo Where are You!: The Complete First and Second Seasons $4.98 (Nothing special, I just wanted it)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones, Volume 3 $4.98

Thats right, The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones V 3 is available as an enrollment! (in the Family section)

Would almost be worth calling in to try the first 2. (I didn't want to risk trying 2 of the same)

Edit (I guess it was listed in the Available for Enrollment thread, I just didn't notice it because it is under T for The)

Last edited by starman9000; 12-02-08 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-02-08, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by starman9000 View Post
Signed up Saturday with HDL and was accepted today!

The best part, check out my enrollments:

Scooby-Doo Where are You!: The Complete First and Second Seasons $4.98 (Nothing special, I just wanted it)
The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones, Volume 3 $4.98

Thats right, The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones V 3 is available as an enrollment! (in the Family section)

Would almost be worth calling in to try the first 2. (I didn't want to risk trying 2 of the same)

Edit (I guess it was listed in the Available for Enrollment thread, I just didn't notice it because it is under T for The)
Looks like I'll be sgning up for the TV Club again.
Old 12-02-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Night Gallery Season 1 is, in my opinion, the second best deal. I've been waiting to cycle a TV account, and I've been planning to get that and TAoYIJ V3.

*So* many lost apps for me with HDL, though.
Old 12-02-08, 03:28 PM
Cool New Member

Alright I have tried about 4 online applications in the last month and have gotten nothin. Are there any codes for a phone application I can use, or should I keep trying online applications
Old 12-02-08, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh FWIW, I entered HDL into the new site instead of using the link from the first post, if that helps.
Old 12-06-08, 04:25 PM
Cool New Member

I just got a mailer in the mail today. Code is 0KB. Get 2 enrollment TV on DVD's for $19.95. Have to buy 2 more dvd's to fullfill account. Code only works for phone and mail in orders.
Old 12-08-08, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^It is helpful to have another TV Edition phone code for those who can't get HDL on-line to work. Thanks for posting that.
Old 12-18-08, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starman9000 View Post
Oh FWIW, I entered HDL into the new site instead of using the link from the first post, if that helps.
I did the same thing on Monday night and just received the "Welcome to the Club!" email.
Old 01-06-09, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hindolio View Post
just curious, is the best tv deal now 2 free sets for $19.95 (free shipping) with 5 commitments? i tried using HDL, but the 5 commitments doesnt seem to change
This is usually a cookie problem. The website thinks you are trying to join the regular DVD club. Try closing the browser window and then going to columbiahouse.com again and clicking on the TV Edition link. Enter the HDL code there in the "Have a special savings code?" box.

The banner at the top that says "5 DVDs for 49" is irrelevant; it is always there due to poor programming by CH. The TV Edition offer below it is the one that matters. If you click on "details" you will get the correct HDL offer.

If that doesn't work, try deleting Columbia House cookies from your computer.

Last edited by lizard; 01-06-09 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-06-09, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: TV Edition Club, Discussion thread

^ thanks lizard. i shoulda known doh!
Old 01-07-09, 10:00 AM

so if i understand correctly i can use the tv dvd account to buy blu rays.i just want to have an account in place for those Bogo Blu ray sales.
also after i fullfill do the directors selections stop
Old 01-07-09, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ksyblues View Post
so if i understand correctly i can use the tv dvd account to buy blu rays.i just want to have an account in place for those Bogo Blu ray sales.
also after i fullfill do the directors selections stop
Welcome to the forum. Yes, you can buy Blu-rays with a TV account and they will count as fulfillment titles if they are $19.95 or higher. The DS do not stop after you fulfill. You might be able to get CH to stop them if you contact them and request it. CH is good about sending out reminder emails about your DS and I just cancel it at that time.
Old 01-07-09, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

^Director's selections never stop. But after you fulfill, you can call to close your account, and usually they will offer to keep it open, but stop the director's selection as a compromise. Of course, if you are calling to cancel, you should just do so. Rinse/Wash/Repeat. Enroll/Fulfill/Cancel.
Old 01-08-09, 02:18 PM

Any idea when Dexter season 2 will be available for enrollment?
Old 01-08-09, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joecansee View Post
Any idea when Dexter season 2 will be available for enrollment?
There's no set schedule for TV Club enrollments. It might never be an enrollment selection. Just keep checking BYork's enrollment thread for updates.
Old 01-14-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got in today. Interesting that none of the codes on the last few pages (lost of b1g1) in the code thread work for my account, but maybe it is a first day thing.
Old 02-09-09, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dr. Who Season 4 is now available for enrollment. I can't find the savings code slot anymore, has anyone seen it? Nevermind, Firefox was just blocking it.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.