Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

New membership

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-06, 10:53 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New membership

on may 23 i submitted an app for a new membership. I had 2 and completed one and then i just completed the other a day or 2 later. I got the thanks for the app email but nothing after that, any suggestions, like how long i should wait? or if i should submit a new app.
Old 05-31-06, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You said that you completed your 2 memberships, but did you actually cancel the account? If you haven't closed them yet, you should do so quickly because you are only allowed 2 accounts per address. As far as your current application goes, I would give it at least another week before submitting a new application. If you used a credit card when enrolling, you can check to see if CH put the temporary charge through(this is the quickest way to find out if you've been accepted). The last few accounts that I have had, CH never sent me a single e-mail. However, I knew that I was in when the temporary charge got processed on my credit card.
Old 05-31-06, 11:23 PM
Cool New Member

yes i did cancel the one account and it has been closed...i will wait, thank you for the info.
Old 06-01-06, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Once you've waited, I'd call up CH & see if you can get that rejected app approved. Worked for me the last time - course, I haven't been having much luck in getting apps approved since I "died" a while back.
Old 06-01-06, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by thejester
Once you've waited, I'd call up CH & see if you can get that rejected app approved. Worked for me the last time - course, I haven't been having much luck in getting apps approved since I "died" a while back.
Would you tell me the secret on being able to dvdtalk from the grave?
Old 06-02-06, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^

(I could explain what thejester meant but I think I'll let him handle it.)
Old 06-10-06, 07:53 PM

I just got a phone call from CH offering me a membership in the DVD TV club, buy one tv dvd set for $19.95 and get one free, when I told him that I already had a membership he said that you are allowed up to 5 at one time, has anyone else been told this? I thought it was only 2 in each of the clubs.
Old 06-10-06, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by mk101
or if i should submit a new app.
I will encourage you to submit a new app using the phone enrollment number. It may be safer to choose seven different enrollment titles just in case your other app gets approved. Many of us have gone to phone enrollments to avoid the limbo state that you are in. Phone apps tend to get approved close to 100% of the time.
Old 06-11-06, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Sandyk67
I just got a phone call from CH offering me a membership in the DVD TV club, buy one tv dvd set for $19.95 and get one free, when I told him that I already had a membership he said that you are allowed up to 5 at one time, has anyone else been told this? I thought it was only 2 in each of the clubs.
I wouldn't trust one of those CH phone solicitors at all on that kind of thing. I'm pretty sure they get paid based on how many applications they can get, so they'll likely say anything to get you to join.

There have been reports of people successfully getting more than two active accounts per club, but others have received a letter asking why they need another account. Most of us are content to keep a maximum of two open at the same time, which should be plenty if you're fulfilling and cycling.

And btw, you shouldn't join through one of those calls (unless you're REALLY having trouble getting an app. to go through)- their "deal" terms are never as good as the offer codes you can find on this forum.