Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Movie Club part 5

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-08, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just out of curiosity, do you typically get the Disney Movie Rewards codes when you buy DVDs from the Disney Movie Club? Quite a few DVDs I'd like to get through the club say they include points on the DIsney Movie Rewards website, so I figured I'd just get them through the Disney Movie club if they come with the points. Trying to save up for a cool figurine.
Old 09-04-08, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by dcprules
Just out of curiosity, do you typically get the Disney Movie Rewards codes when you buy DVDs from the Disney Movie Club?
Yup.
Old 09-04-08, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I finally got my order confirmation(s). You put one order in & you get 3 (?) order confirmations? Looks like DMC split up my order into 3 - and looks to have charged me $4.95 for S&H on 2 of the orders (BR & TBNBC GS). Really weird.

Also got ship notices on the BR & the pin. Nothing yet on the TBNBC GS.
Old 09-05-08, 10:56 AM
Cool New Member

Does anyone have an introductory promo code for the DMC? I got one from Disney in the mail about 5 months ago and joined with it. I got 4 movies for .99, plus a 5th for $9.99 (which counted toward fulfillment!), so I only had to buy 3 at regular club price. I'm getting ready to complete my fulfillment and would like to join again. Anyone get a promo in the mail similar to this?
Old 09-05-08, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From previous posts in this thread (please browse and read before posting):

Maybe 764020 (requires a Chase card?)
or 979001
5th is $14.95
Old 09-05-08, 04:15 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the code cheato. And just FYI, I'm well aware of common message board etiquette. I looked back around 4-5 pages and couldn't find anything, I didn't go any further back because the posts were getting to be months old, and promo codes usually expire or change after that long of a period. The post you referred to was in fact made about 9 months ago, so I probably would have still posted my question. Thanks again for the code, and sorry if this sounds combatitive, I don't mean to be, just wanted to explain.

Last edited by ndaher; 09-05-08 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-05-08, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by dcprules
Just out of curiosity, do you typically get the Disney Movie Rewards codes when you buy DVDs from the Disney Movie Club? Quite a few DVDs I'd like to get through the club say they include points on the DIsney Movie Rewards website, so I figured I'd just get them through the Disney Movie club if they come with the points. Trying to save up for a cool figurine.
I would say it depends on the DVD. When I joined I got 6 dvd's and only 2 or 3 had points and they were all Disney movies that would have had them if bought in a retail store.
Old 09-06-08, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by rednowgreen
^ Use this code, it works on non-vip accounts also

Add the Double Feature to your cart ($32.95)

Then add the Sword in the Stone gift set to your cart ($34.98)

This will bring your total to $67.93 w/ free shipping, you will have an extra copy of Sword in the Stone, which you can sell, trade, or give away.

OR

^ Use this code, it works on non-vip accounts also

Pick any Blu-ray disc and add it to your cart ($29.95)

Then add the Sword in the Stone gift set to your cart ($34.98)

This will bring your total to $69.88 including shipping

Both offer are still cheaper then the $73.90 the set will cost you alone
codes now don`t seem to be working. I also just became VIP again.
Old 09-06-08, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by thejester
Well, I finally got my order confirmation(s). You put one order in & you get 3 (?) order confirmations? Looks like DMC split up my order into 3 - and looks to have charged me $4.95 for S&H on 2 of the orders (BR & TBNBC GS). Really weird.

Also got ship notices on the BR & the pin. Nothing yet on the TBNBC GS.
Same Ole' Situation Here! My initial order showed FREE shipping, but now that they've split it up into 3 orders, I'm being charged $6.95 for shipping.....and the idiots charged my Debit Card instead of the Credit Card I first placed the order with....now I'm running short until next payday! Ugh!!!
Old 09-06-08, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's an easy soultion jpdude. Just dispute the charges with your bank since you never authorized those charges.
Old 09-06-08, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by GMLSKIS
I would say it depends on the DVD. When I joined I got 6 dvd's and only 2 or 3 had points and they were all Disney movies that would have had them if bought in a retail store.
Any time that happens, you can mail them proof of purchase and they'll credit your account with the Rewards code points. Click on the link on the Movie Rewards website.
Old 09-11-08, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've never joined the DMC before, so am wondering what the regular prices are once you've joined the club. Are the prices similar to CH (where most $30 SRP titles are 21.95)? or do they charge full SRP?
I'm trying to figure out what 3 fulfillments will cost to see if the club is worth joining or not.

For example, can anyone tell me what these dvds cost in the club?
1. Sword and the Stone: 45th Ann
2. Nightmare Before Christmas: 2-disc
3. The Black Cauldron
4. The Great Mouse Detective
5. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
6. Atlantis: The Lost Empire: Collector's Edition

thanks for your help!
Old 09-12-08, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by garmonbozia
I've never joined the DMC before, so am wondering what the regular prices are once you've joined the club. Are the prices similar to CH (where most $30 SRP titles are 21.95)? or do they charge full SRP?
I'm trying to figure out what 3 fulfillments will cost to see if the club is worth joining or not.

1. Sword and the Stone: 45th Ann $21.95
2. Nightmare Before Christmas: 2-disc $24.95
3. The Black Cauldron $19.95
4. The Great Mouse Detective $19.95
5. The Hunchback of Notre Dame $19.95
6. Atlantis: The Lost Empire: Collector's Edition $22.95

For the most part, new $30 new releases sale for $21.95
Blu-rays are $29.95, other than the Pirates 3-Pack
Walt Disney Treasure are $29.95
Old 09-12-08, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

thank you very much. very helpful.
Old 09-12-08, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by garmonbozia

1. Sword and the Stone: 45th Ann
2. Nightmare Before Christmas: 2-disc
3. The Black Cauldron
4. The Great Mouse Detective
5. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
6. Atlantis: The Lost Empire: Collector's Edition

thanks for your help!
Make sure when you enroll you try to pick out the higher priced titles and save $19.95 titles for your fulfillment. It may seem obvious, but it's an easy thing to forget about and it can really cut the average price down.
Old 09-15-08, 02:07 PM

You can't take Sword and the Stone: 45th Annv. or Nightmare Before Christmas: 2-disc as enrollments. They're only available as fulfillments as far as I can tell.

It appears that most of the enrollment selections are the cheap versions. Or do I need a better code to get the better enrollment selections?
Old 09-15-08, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's typically a few months before they will show up as enrollments, if ever. If Disney has a bunch of one edition left lying around, they may leave that as the enrollment selection, and you might not be able to get the newer (better) one as an enrollment selection. Most of the $21.95 and under titles are available as enrollments at some point.

There have been exceptions, though. For example, Pixar Shorts V1 (or whatever it's called) became an enrollment selection very quickly (maybe within one month of its release).

Changing enrollment codes doesn't change the online selection, AFAIK.
Old 09-15-08, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by inksketcher
You can't take Sword and the Stone: 45th Annv. or Nightmare Before Christmas: 2-disc as enrollments. They're only available as fulfillments as far as I can tell.
I finally bit the bullet and joined, but I am a little confused about the Nightmare Before Christmas. All I get when I search for it is the really expensive collector's set. There's a bundle with James and the Giant Peach on the front page too. I can't find the basic 2-disc set anywhere...

Also, Princess Mononoke seems to be OOS too. Any chance I'm just missing that one as well?

EDIT: Forgot to mention why I quested that post from inksketcher. My enrollment stuff (the $1 titles) were already ordered. I'm trying to buy NBC at regular price while logged in...
Old 09-15-08, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dogbert
I finally bit the bullet and joined, but I am a little confused about the Nightmare Before Christmas. All I get when I search for it is the really expensive collector's set. There's a bundle with James and the Giant Peach on the front page too. I can't find the basic 2-disc set anywhere...

Also, Princess Mononoke seems to be OOS too. Any chance I'm just missing that one as well?

EDIT: Forgot to mention why I quested that post from inksketcher. My enrollment stuff (the $1 titles) were already ordered. I'm trying to buy NBC at regular price while logged in...

Well The Nightmare Before Christmas is the current feature title, so the DMC won't add it to the site until the 23rd. They do this so that people don't get confused and buy that edition and think that they don't have to respond to the feature title. As far as Princess Mononoke, they use to have it years ago but like many others, they took it out of the club.
Old 09-15-08, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by rednowgreen
Well The Nightmare Before Christmas is the current feature title, so the DMC won't add it to the site until the 23rd. They do this so that people don't get confused and buy that edition and think that they don't have to respond to the feature title. As far as Princess Mononoke, they use to have it years ago but like many others, they took it out of the club.
I thought it might be something like that. That's fine with me though; I'm in no rush seeing as I have 24 months. Too bad they don't have Princess Mononoke though... Thanks for the help!
Old 09-15-08, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, got my TNBC gift set a early last week - nice set!!. Looks like Disney "corrected" the glitch that allowed the 50% off savings (or, at least I couldn't get it to work any longer). It still worked for the SITS set still (when I tested it then).
Old 09-26-08, 02:50 PM

Does anyone know where I might find an introductory promo code for the Canadian club?
Old 09-29-08, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anybody know the details on code 40825?

In particular, when it expires?

It appears to be a B1G1+50%-off additional items, even with sets.

I've been waiting for a Director's Selection that I wanted, and am about to get the Dalmations double feature set for $34.95.
I put in code 40825, and added some boxed sets.
2 are coming up at 50%-off.
the 3rd is coming up free.
And free shipping because of the "double feature."

To experiment, I removed sets 1&2, and set 3 was still free.

I put back sets 1&2, and removed set 3, and then set 1 was free.

I removed the Dalmations double feature, and it became B1G1 with sets 1 and 2.

So, it appears to be a B1G1+50%-off additional, and if you get the Dalmations double feature, you get free shipping. And it works on sets. Has there ever been a better code with the DMC?

Getting:
101 Dalmations Double Feature $34.95
set 1 free
sets 2-? 50%-off
shipping (free)

And I believe my order will cover 4 fulfillments (even though they say discounted titles don't count as fulfillments, I think they do if they're over $19.95 after discount).

Last edited by Cheato; 09-29-08 at 03:51 PM. Reason: removed order specifics for paranoid reasons; don't want DMC identifying me if they look in here (go ahead and laugh)
Old 09-29-08, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Damn. That is one hell of a code. I'm getting something very interesting too. It appears that Blu-Ray titles do not work as a discounted or free title, however they count as the buy one part. Now that's normal enough, the interesting part is that any title you put in the cart with a Blu-Ray is completely free. Right now in my cart I have the Cars Blu-Ray and the Nightmare Before Christmas set with the bust. It's giving me Cars for $29.95 and Nightmare free, plus $4.95 shipping of course. $34.90 shipping for a Blu-Ray and a $150 set. I think I'm gonna bite and I'm not even a big fan of Nightmare.

EDIT: I went for it. It's too awesome of a deal to pass up.

Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas Ultimate Collector's DVD Set -- with Jack Skellington Bust DVD 1 $.00
Cars BLU-RAY 1 $29.95
Subtotal $29.95
Shipping & Processing $4.95
Tax $.00
Total $34.90

I wonder if I can place two orders and do the same thing to get the Sword in the Stone set.

Last edited by smashthesymbols; 09-29-08 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-29-08, 01:59 PM

For some reason this code only gives me 25% off, which also happens to be the current offer. I'm in the Canadian club though, so maybe that's why.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.